Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• The most disturbing fact for Conegliano is that they managed to lose even though they had an extra player half the time, as Stevanović did nothing on the court. She's officially slumping now and whatever is going on with her, she needs to snap out of it ASAP. On the other hand, not that Conegliano's MBs did much better and this is the 2nd time in a short while that Wolosz has played badly against a top team.

It's still way too early for doomsaying, of course, but with the way they're playing now and their injury woes, they may well lose out to Novonu this season.

• Btw I cannot prevent myself from laughing while hearing how the italian commentators pronouce Haak, it was almost intangible for one to recognize her name when they mentioned it at first. They usually pronounce it "Hook" :lol:

• Seems the loss of Easy is affecting Conegliano a lot. I thought their OHs were so good that it wouldn’t make that much difference but is seems I was wrong, so far anyway.

• weak match by Conegliano...they dont look as strong as i thought for now ( but there is enough time ahead of them to improve )..Fabris should play well against tough opponents for Conegliano to win or reception should be very well for Wolosz to run the Mbs etc..

btw..as you see..every setter has ups and downs..best setters too

• When I watched(only start) Haak wasn’t performing well but She step up her game and She slayed them. Brava girl.

Bravo for Scandicci. They are WORLD CLASS TEAM so I’m not surprised at all for their victory. If they keep improving they will fight for big things this season like everyone expected from them. Conegliano didn’t lost against some weak team so I’m not afraid for them at all. I believe that Seria A has one of the best teams in the World, I repeat on of the best, so every upset is normal.

Wolosz can and will perform better and that is just a fact. She is the key of this team.

Only thing what a I don’t like is Sylla performance. She need to pass better, She is not even near her performance at WCH.

And yeah Conegliano is expecting come back one of the best MB their. Folie, can’t wait :win:

I can’t com. whole match I was playing volleyball match and fucked my ligament(broke them), huge pain. Poor everyone who had the same injury. You know how it hurts ;(

• Where can I watch the replays of the serie A1 matches?:/

Sometimes they post it on youtube. If I find some, i will post it.

• "congeliano didnt lose to some weak teams " do you think there will be weak teams on the CL F4 ?..

so they will have to be ready to win on a bad day too

True, I agre. They need to perform better but they didn’t lose match against Chieri :gone:

• Bravo for Scandicci. They are WORLD CLASS TEAM so I’m not surprised at all for their victory. If they keep improving they will fight for big things this season like everyone expected from them. Conegliano didn’t lost against some weak team so I’m not afraid for them at all. I believe that Seria A has one of the best teams in the World, I repeat on of the best, so every upset is normal.

Not really. We have already arrived beyond the 9th round and no team among the expected top-3, neither Conegliano nor Novara or Scandicci, has even lost a game against any team outside of the expected top-3, i.e they have only lost against each other. In other words, neither one of the primary contenders Pomi, Bergamo nor Monza or Busto has managed to accumulate even a single win against top-3 opposition. This suggest the league isnt highly balanced whatsoever and that every upset is rather a sensation in the grand sense of the word rather than being reduced to mere routine for the most part. In theory, purely based on factors such as the number of "stars" in the squads or so, the league might give the impression of being more balanced than it de facto is judged by the hard facts, since some of the contenders recruits have not lived up to the high expectations so far, such as Carcaces, Smarzek, Rahimova, Kakoloewska, Salas, Herbots and the injured Buijs. Just compare with the situation in Russia where both Moscow and Kaliningrad, #1 and #2 in the standings, have lost to Uralochka, ranked #6, while Uralochka in turn has lost to Krasnodar, here we can speak of unpredictibility.

• Imoco's rank is dropped to No.4. What's wrong with them recently?

• Imoco's rank is dropped to No.4. What's wrong with them recently?

Despite I'm fan of Busto Arsizio, they had definitely a more easy match schedule so far than Conegliano for example. So we should wait until 11. match day, when all teams played each other once, to see more clearly the relations in the table.

• And remember, that participation right to CL, what is this time with Conegliano, Novara and Scandicci, opens up much more money by sponsors, which can be also seen in the rosters of the three teams. This is an advantage they have against all other A1 contenders.

• I didn't watch the match, so I won't make any comment about it. I'd like to congratulate myself with Scandicci for the win, but I also want to underline Parisi's words after the match: he said it was just a game, at the beginning of the season. He's right, it was an important win but they have to move on.

Conegliano will be better going on, we will see at the end who will reach the finals.

• I read somewhere that she was training again and that she can do everything except blocking. The expectation was that she would not return to the court until January.

• So Randenkovic lost her starting spot....but I don`t think Pincerato has been doing any better. But what kinda of sets does Rahimova and Carcaces need? If they get a high set they spike it out...with a lower set they hit into the block. They simply can`t make any adjustments, no smart play at all... of course the setter is not their problem....Skorupa certainly won`t be able to fix this problem and I don`t think any other setter will. Alexa Gray was the best player in A2 last season...I think they should give her a chance over Carcaces especially because her reception is not really good.