Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Acctually this is, although not surprising in theory, a great surprise in relation to how it looks in many other leagues. In Russia, for example, 6/10 players with the highest rank per set are wingers/OH´s and in the last season the best scorer was Parubets-Ilchenko who toppled Goncharova for that spot. In Brazil, many of the best producers in attack are OHs as well through the existence of Garay, Guimaeres, Kosheleva, Palacios and Lleyva. And it should have turned out differently in Serie A this season, but it has not due to different reasons; the injuries of Hodge-Easy, Buijs, Plak and Vasileva, all of whom should be there usually, as well as the poor shape/decline in level of Carcaces. We can easily conclude this season hasnt been one of the most fortunate ones for the OH´s in the leagues history. In addition to a collective missfortune among the recruited foreigners it furthermore reflects a decline of versatile, complete wingers on the domestic side able to cover the void that has emerged after them. During their heydays players like Costagrande, Piccinini, Lucia Bosetti and Del Core could easily have passed into this type of lists.

• Today the most balanced better match is Casalmaggiore vs Busto Arsizio. A match, which is hard to predict, because the hosts rely more on their opposite Rahimova than the guests on Grobelna; while Busto Arsizio features the better teamwork. Anyway, it should be interesting to watch.

• Folie in the end of the set back on court for conegliano and she immediately made a point! Conegliano wins the first set.

• Link someone for Conegliano ??

Folie is back !!!

• Link someone for Conegliano ??

Folie is back !!!

Try fromhot.com

• Wolosz got sub, She has some problems. Her sets are to low for both Fabris and Robin (only slide)

Folie again come in, and She scored :D So happy to see her back.

• Cuneo just took second set from Novara, it is 2:0 for them!!!

Bergamo won second set to against Scandicci...

Brescia won second set against Conegliano. You just never know with Seria A !! :super:

edit: Robin is far, far better in attacking in front of setter than slide, I don't know why She is doing so much slide when you are that good in zone 3.

• edit: Robin is far, far better in attacking in front of setter than slide, I don't know why She is doing so much slide when you are that good in zone 3.

No I think she is way better in the slide. Only with a good set she can attack in front of the setter.

• I don't agree but okej :)

Brescia made really nice team, they are fighting and they look so stabile on reception. Di Lulio is very nice setter.

Washington is really good MB, USA is so lucky with their MB....

• Conegliano is playing so bad, and they have been playing like this for a while now, this is starting to look worrying for them...

You will not watch easy match in Seria A, you can't play with your bench players and to win 3:0. Even top 3 are struggling to win, but yes Conegliano hast problem but I'm not afraid for them :)

• I think today Robin is definitely better in front of setter, somehow Wolosz sets bad to her in slide and blockers can easily read her spikes. Wolosz needs to step up her game in general to be honest...

Brescia has good reception, and I like one of their OHs

• I feel sorry for Danesi, She is very good MB but Folie is already taking her spot and after second half She will be starter.

Folie more suits for fast system, and I think that Sylla will lose her starting position from Tirozzi. They need stabile reciver, and Sylla is far far from that.

When you look at this facts two silver players who had great performance at WCH, could become bench players. :gone:

• Today 4 matches with tie break, one with 3:1 and one match just started

Pomi is leading 1:0 against Busto but I wouldn't be surprised if they play tie break to hahaha.

If Pomi beat Busto today than fight for 4th place will be between 3 teams (Monza, Pomi and Busto)

but if Conegliano and Scandicci lose today than everything is open from 6th place to 2nd place :super:

• What did just happen with Cuneo about that yellow card? Salas was sub in, did not serve and was sub off?

And Cuneo won, woooow

• So, finally, Novara loses for the first time in the regular season.

Carlini sets in the last two points...just :down:

Cruz is such a superb player at her age! Her reception skill is just wow!

• And Brescia beat Conegliano in tie brea 19:17.

Fabris finally played good, She scored 31 points but today that is not enough...

And Pomi is leading 2:0 against Busto !

• And Brescia has just beat Conegliano. Another surprise! 19-17 last set.

I dont understand why Di Iulio didnt set Pietersen earlier. She kept setting and setting to Nicoletti who wasnt able to score the match point.

Two sets to Pietersen adn she just closed it.