Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Conegliano is without Fabris and Santarelli. They are with NT untill 9.1

I think from now on Martina Samadan is free MB, She signed half season contract. Lowe is with team and Folie is back.

• No, Fabris and coach Santarelli are going back on game at Sunday.

Really ? I didn’t know that, but still I don’t think it is smart for Fabris to play at saturday, travel to Italy and play again even though they are not playing high level volleyball with NT...

We will see...

• Really ? I didn’t know that, but still I don’t think it is smart for Fabris to play at saturday, travel to Italy and play again even though they are not playing high level volleyball with NT...

We will see...

And also Lowe is a much bigger competition to her than Nagaoka.. So I'm not sure her place as starter is that secure.. Although if the connection with Wolocz is as good as ever, we won't see much of Lowe

• And also Lowe is a much bigger competition to her than Nagaoka.. So I'm not sure her place as starter is that secure.. Although if the connection with Wolocz is as good as ever, we won't see much of Lowe

agree with this. I think they will choose whoever has the best shape for the next matches. Lowe had a good year when she played for Busto. Her style is perfect for Conegliano but Fabris is also a good player so we will see.

• so a lot has happened while i was gone. thanks for not wondering if i ended up dead.

what is going on with conegliano? they started the season really hot. i thought they were gonna win it all. they were that scary, even scarier than 12-13 vakıf. wolosz was struggling last i watched. i know they have injured players but they shouldnt have struggled that much. they have a deep bench. sylla i guess is far from her WC performance. thats the main issue. but i believe they are gonna step up their game. i dont like novara's playing style. i think imoco is gonna be the team to beat when playoffs arrive.

• i dont think Lowe can get Fabris's place in the team as starter..Fabris has been the main weapon of Imoco. so far..(she was still the working part of the team when the OHs didnt work) i guess Lowe comes in with Double Subst or Fabris doesnt play well enough otherwise Fabris will be the starter

• Any stream to Scandicci - Filottrano??

• How can this Filottrano survive in Seria A? Vasilanthonaki is terrible at passing and OPP Whitney can't kill balls. I even dont talk about MBs. They should put Vasilanthonaki to OPP and they should put OH from the bench(if they have good one).

• How can this Filottrano survive in Seria A? Vasilanthonaki is terrible at passing and OPP Whitney can't kill balls. I even dont talk about MBs. They should put Vasilanthonaki to OPP and they should put OH from the bench(if they have good one).

I think Filottrano is one of the smallest teams in A1 (i.e. with the lowest budget) and can't afford a roster, to compete for the playoffs. They are likely satisfied with staying in A1...

• Filottrano is a small town of 9000 habitants. Being part of Serie A1 is a miracle itself. Volleyball tends to die in the metropolies in Italy, differently than Turkey for example, and is almost impossibe for small towns to reach pro volleyball leagues. Metropolies like Rome, Milan, Turin and Naples are all-about football. Small towns are just small towns, there are no numbers and structures to have a serious project for a pro volleyball team. Volleyball here works well in the middles sized cities like Perugia, Trento, Monza; we can say towns from 20/25.000 habitants to 200/250.000.

Verona, for example, had to wait for the decline of Hellas Verona and ChievoVerona to emerge as club in the last years. Bergamo, on the other hands, is living his worst historical moment meanwhile Atalanta, the football team of the city, is living his best, playing UEFA Europa League, producing many talented players and making a lot of money by selling them; they're also fighting to qualify for Champions League this season. This is how team sports work in Italy. Where there's high level football, there's no place for anything else.

In the case of Filottrano, they come from a small town close to Osimo (where Lube used to play), Jesi and generally close to Lube (Treia, Macerata and Civitanova Marche), which is one of the richer (if not the richest) volleyball club of nowdays. Of course local sponsors would like to invest on a brand - Lube - which can show their names on every level, national and international rather than a small club which today plays Serie A1, next season who knows!

• Yeah I can imagine how important to be in the first league for a team from very small town but my point was about wrong built. They could build better team than this. I know molten ball makes receives easier but doing this with Vasilanthonaki is kinda suicide. Hope they can survive but looks like wont be easy.

• Today Busto Arsizio is without Kaja Grobelna, who is with Yellow Tigers in Eurovolley2019 qualfication to make sure first place (and due Gerd van de Broek not giving gifts to second place contenders Slovenia and Israel), so Alice Vittoria Piani has to take opposite role for the full match against Bergamo. While she did well in some matches, if she has to, it is not clear, if she can/will deliver. So this can be more difficult for the hosts as usually, especially, because second main attacker Brit Herbots is also away with fellow player Grobelna.

• Busto is gone miss Kaja but especially Brit, She is the best player in Busto team if you ask me....

Even though Pomi and Conegliano match sounds promising but Pomi just can't deliver against stronger teams in Seria A. They are missing setter for that...

• Brescia just won first set against Novara, 25:20, Monza won first set against Club Italia but it was so close and Chieri took Bisonte first set...

Bergamo is leading against Busto after first set but it was so close 29:27.

Between Conegliano and Pomi is very tie 25:23. And it is only start of the second half.

• Again one more prove. Sylla was starter, Conegliano had bad performance in second set (little bit better in first one), Wolosz couldn't play her game and now with Tirozzi in the game they come back from 12-8 and they are playing fast game, better reception and more.

And I just can't understand Robin and her slide attack, why aren't you attacking in front of the setter ? Her slide is not good at all...

The main problem of Filottrano is Whitney and not Vasilantonaki.The greek plays for the first season main OH and has taken the most balls of reception.I agree with you that she is not her speciality the reception but she has improved a lot.If you see the statistics of legavolley,among the OHs,she is first in total points,first in attacks,second in effectiveness after Hill,among the firsts in aces and i think first in blocks.There are other players with less effectiveness in reception,for example Carcases,Mingardi.You can see the statistics that tell the truth.Vasilantonaki is a talented player and you will see it the next seasons.
    PS Novara made a big mistake to not keep her.That's why is going to lose the championship.I don't think that Plak,Nizetich are better than her.