Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Vasileva had a embarrassing game...just awful.

That floppy in the 2nd set OMG...even the first set they flopped.

MMilenkovic certainly could have done better than Vasileva.

I was hoping for some competive games, but at the end of the day Novara Conegliano are just like Vakifbank and Vitra... Unfortunately that is not good for our entertainment..

Malinov just can't set Stevanovic 😑

• Scandicci’s game is like their first match of the season. I am happy for Haak that she will meet real volleyball next season w/Vakif.

Lowe was good but her defence is terrible.

• ITALY CUP

Semifinals

IGOR GORGONZOLA NOVARA - UNET EWORK BUSTO ARSIZIO 3-0

Bartsch 22, Egonu 21, Plak 7, Veljkovic 6 / Herbots 13, Bonifacio 9, Grobelna 8

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=743248

SAVINO DEL BENE SCANDICCI - IMOCO VOLLEY CONEGLIANO 0-3

Haak 18, Vasileva 10, L.Bosetti 8 / Sylla 17, Hill 11, De Kruijf 8, Danesi 7, Lowe 7

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=743249

Final

IGOR GORGONZOLA NOVARA - IMOCO VOLLEY CONEGLIANO

• SYlla with 61% in attack with 20 receptions .. I wonder what those users saying she`s not good, she`s not enough, she`s terrible...will be saying now... :dance6:;):P....take that.

• I remember that Adenizia got 4 points at the beginning of first set. Then she only got 1 point in the rest of the match. She was kind of forgotten by the setter.

Stevanovic got 0 point out 10 spikes. The connection between Malinov and Stevanovic is a big problem, from the beginning of the season to now.

• SYlla with 61% in attack with 20 receptions .. I wonder what those users saying she`s not good, she`s not enough, she`s terrible...will be saying now... :dance6:;):P....take that.

well, she played great tonight but she had some terrible games, not talking about too long ago, she was playing pretty bad. So, no need to say “take that” :)

Whoever in the world can have a good match. Even Sylla.

BTW, I won't take this match too seriously, since Scandicci was embarrassing in every single element of the game.

• Agil was better to keep Bonifacio e let Chirichella go. She is pretty useless by now. I don't remember the last time she had a block. UYBA was completely inconsistent. Their new middle is pretty weak.

just joined the site to keep up with some usa players that I’ve missed from NCAA but I have been following the Italian Serie A1 league all season, but the Croatian middle in my opinion is pretty good. The games I watched of hers in Conegliano she was quick for her height and moved well laterally.

I do know she was Busto’s third choice for transfer but I do not think she was the problem this match.

• For me it is not surprise to watch Sylla performing good I mean her performance at WCH was great, for me surprise was watching her performing so bad.

She is still missing reception skills. I hope this is her comeback...

What makes Seria A one of the best league in the World is their great local players.

And We don’t need to talk about their future when this youngsters grow up from Club Italia and Seria B, U18NT...

• Unfortunately, both semis were kinda lame.

Busto tried, but with both Bartsch and Egonu on fire, Novara was simply too much for them. OTOH, they also have themselves to blame for not putting any pressure on Novara's reception with both Bartsch and Plak on the court at the same time.

Serbian commentator on SportKlub said that "Egonu's behaviour has caused a lot of problems for Novara's management over the last few months". I don't know if he has any inside info or he's talking out of his ass.

Scandicci was simply tragic. They were basically beaten by Sylla. Stevanović had clearly got too comfortable playing with Lloyd and is having trouble adjusting to a diifferent setter (her performances on NT over the last couple of years are indicative of this too), but she needs to get over it. Hopefully this match was a kick in the butt for her, because going 10/0 is embarrassing for a player of her reputation. The less said about Vasileva's performance, the better and it should also be pointed out that Malinov is having a far from spectacular season.

Busto tried, but with both Bartsch and Egonu on fire, Novara was simply too much for them. OTOH, they also have themselves to blame for not putting any pressure on Novara's reception with both Bartsch and Plak on the court at the same time.

Serbian commentator on SportKlub said that "Egonu's behaviour has caused a lot of problems for Novara's management over the last few months". I don't know if he has any inside info or he's talking out of his ass.

Scandicci was simply tragic. They were basically beaten by Sylla. Stevanović had clearly got too comfortable playing with Lloyd and is having trouble adjusting to a diifferent setter (her performances on NT over the last couple of years are indicative of this too), but she needs to get over it. Hopefully this match was a kick in the butt for her, because going 10/0 is embarrassing for a player of her reputation. The less said about Vasileva's performance, the better and it should also be pointed out that Malinov is having a far from spectacular season.

I wonder if “Egonu’s behavior..” means her relationship with Skorupa. If so, it is another homophobic comment. Maybe there are other problems which I have no clue of.

Last season Stevanovic ended regular season as one of the best middles, not only block but attack well. And keep in mind Pomi had 3 different setters Rondon,Cyr and Lo Bianco....but none of this stopped Stevanovic. Of course Stevanovic must play better and this is on her, nobody can`t be blamed. But her and Malinov simply had no connection AT ALL... I don`t know what it is, but it is just not there. Even when they play against weaker teams Stevanovic does not get enough sets.....and if Adenizia was playing well we could say it is on Stevanovic. But Malinov is simply not working with the middles well ( of course she`s not the only setter in the league failing with that).

Last night for example. Malinov started setting Adenizia and she was killing everything....I understand reception was a nightmare but still Malinov simply shutdown Adenizia after the first set. I just get the feeling Malinov does not feels confident setting them, and of course this affects the quality of sets and even more the spikers.