Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• From what I saw with Barbolini in his Turkish experience, he likes to stick with the same 6 over and over even if another player came to the court and made a big change (like Camera). It took a whole season for him to finally bench Lo Bianco and Neriman in GS and use Gamze-Saori-Rabadzhieva trio back in the old days and he did this in playoffs semis against Vakifbank. I think this was mostly because Lo Bianco was injured. I really really dislike this type of coaching, where the coach does not try something new. However, he seems to do good since he came back to Italy and won many cups according to voleybolplus. So maybe his coaching is the correct one after all.

• What in the world happened to them? I didn't watch the match, but the stats seems very weird. It looks like everyone did a decent job for a change... except for Haak. That's new.

I gave up trying to understand this team. IMO Malinov is having a bad season. She needs to set to the middles more often.

• Malinov is not really shining (yet) this season. Her game is not fluid at all and she depends way too much on Haak to bail them out. And when Haak isn't firing, well... This happens.

Speaking of her, of course Haak is entitled to a bad day like everyone else, but it's weird that the one time that everyone else does their part, she completely bombs. It tends to happen the other way around. I mean, to score as many points as Adenizia and Stevanović, and fewer than Bosetti (!), that's very unusual. Moreover, she gave away in errors exactly as many points as she scored.

But I'm sure she'll bounce back soon enough, maybe in the next match already.

• Malinov is not really shining (yet) this season. Her game is not fluid at all and she depends way too much on Haak to bail them out. And when Haak isn't firing, well... This happens.

Speaking of her, of course Haak is entitled to a bad day like everyone else, but it's weird that the one time that everyone else does their part, she completely bombs. It tends to happen the other way around. I mean, to score as many points as Adenizia and Stevanović, and fewer than Bosetti (!), that's very unusual. Moreover, she gave away in errors exactly as many points as she scored.

But I'm sure she'll bounce back soon enough, maybe in the next match already.

According to worldofvolleyball Haak will make 1M with Vakifbank...and if all the rumors are true....I wonder if this is getting in her head? Like she`s not able to focus right now because she`s already thinking ahead for next season... And Scandicci staff must be already thinking who will replace Haak....this could be getting on the way also. Too much going on....

• What in the world happened to them? I didn't watch the match, but the stats seems very weird. It looks like everyone did a decent job for a change... except for Haak. That's new.

Haak started off the match in superior fashion, but fell off the cliff after the 1.set. I think, if I am able to recall properly, she had eight pts already after the 1.set and then only four or five pts (!) in total the remaining three sets. Hard to pinpoint down any particular cause but I know she has stamina issues due to her low level of iron in her body, and apart from that she has ventilated in swedish media her primary focus this season is CL and not Serie A for both herself and the team of Scandicci as a whole. Perhaps, then, we should take the domestic results, in the Lega and Coppa, with a grain of salt.

• According to worldofvolleyball Haak will make 1M with Vakifbank...and if all the rumors are true....I wonder if this is getting in her head? Like she`s not able to focus right now because she`s already thinking ahead for next season... And Scandicci staff must be already thinking who will replace Haak....this could be getting on the way also. Too much going on....

I doubt it. Haak is a middle class-swede and could make a great amount of wealth working as a normal professional there, for ex. as a psychiatrist. The average salary in the private sector in occupations similar to it not rarely exceeds 100k euro per year, and the average salary overall for a worker in Sweden is about 40k euro/year, about 5x times as much as let say in Hungary, Serbia or Czech Republic. People do not care about getting excessively rich here, since they can expect, riding the normal train, be financially well-off to relish anyway. Even people on welfare, that is, depending on financial supply from the government, earn more than in many other decently developed nations for regular work. This huge safety net creates people most commonly labled as something in Swedish perhaps most appropriatly translated to "safety addicts", that is, people who primarily cares about surviving life rather than excel in it or put it metaphorically rather are living to eat than are eating to live. Haak is thus a great exception of a rule here. She is one of the few non-conformistic and commodified Swedes who are not tired and bored out of a life destined to serve them rather than vice verse, but instead has prefered to go out of the box and strived for actual excellence and dream-fullfiling in a pursuit not widely recognized by others. Still, she is neither in need of money from Vakifbank in order to turn-out as a millionaire - if this is her main goal in life - nor any other money from any other similar volleyball-related endeavour either. This solves itself fine anyway. Her ambition to be an elite level volleyball player should not, and in a strikingly less proportion in relation to most other stars of the game, boil down to any financial motives as the mainspring.

• Conegliano started with way different roster

Wolosz-Lowe

Folie-Robin

Tirozzi-Hill

De Gennaro

Folie started great, She has huge reach with her spike, She is 3/3 and it is 5/4 for Filotrano. hahaha !

• Wolosz easy, Folie got set so close to the net I almost though that She got injured again.... She is literally overusing her for MB. 5/4.

• For ex OPP Vasilantonaki has great reception !

Barbolini is still trying with Bartsch-Plak duo, He will never learn...

• Great to see Folie getting back in her old shape! She is a great attacking middle blocker!

• I can't believe how good Folie is in transition, She is moving so fast and her attacking is so dominate. I know why I'm saying that this girl is one of the best MB when it come to attacking. And now amazing set from De Gennaro to Folie :super:

• My God Tominaga is so good setter, She is not playing with world class players and still they are doing pretty much good as team...

Her sets are fast and very good !

Filotrano was leading both sets and they just crushed at end of both sets, making so silly mistakes....

Bechis is to good setter to sit 90% of time on the bench ! She for sure knowed that She will be back up for Wolosz but still girl you can be starter in any other team.

• Is Popovic injured? I was thinking she lost her starting spot but today Candi and Alberti were really bad and Popovic has never brought in.

Lippman with another bad game. She looks very weak ( in fact she looks very skinny). Haak is like double of her size. She must put some muscle on....because this "bikini model body" won`t help her reach the next level.

Caprara is awful at making adjustments. When Lippman is playing bad, he should put Sorokaite OPP and Nika-Malesevic OH.

Novara`s game has not changed. Carlini still can`t set the middles even with good reception. I don`t understand why Barbolini does not give Camera a chance as she can play a much more flavored and dynamic game.....Egonu looks bored.