Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Haak made the difference at the end. Mitchem and Caracuta did a good job coming from the bench, the American is a better attacker than Vasileva right now.

7 blocks for Bonifacio :heart: She's so talented and I hope she will play in a top team next year. Britt Herbots is the heart of Busto: defense,serve, attack... I really like her

• Wow Monza beat Novara 3:1, brava 💪🏻

Both of them can stay in Busto, Busto is good team they just need to make few smarter transfers... :)

Seria A ones again with great results. Everyone can beat everyone.

• Plak 5, Nizetich 3, Piccinini 3, Bartsch 6. Four OHs got 17 points in total. Egonu got 24 points.

If Novara's OHs cannot score points, then they purely rely on Egonu. However, that doesn't work all the time.

Especially not when Egonu ends up with 13 errors in total :what:

Nice to see Hanna Orthmann performing so well even against strong teams :super:

• With all respect to Monza but... Novara was simply terrible today, they didn't really look like trying at times. You may think this makes the league look good but Novara is now in most people's eyes top Italian seed, with that they should play better then today for sure. Begic and Orthmann were good today.

On the other hand Scandicci vs Busto was an epic match :super: Busto would be top contender if they had a better Opp/out of system hitter.

• Sorry for of-top, but why (Liu-Jo) Modena is not in Serie A anymore? Sponsor withdrawal?

Liu Jo entered into the volleyball world as Universal Modena sponsor in 2011-12.

They left the team in the following season and it was saved in the short period by Assicuratrice Milanese, which took over the main sponsor position, but they withdrawn from Serie A1 eventually.

In 2013 they founded their own team, LJ Volley. Despite the good investiments, they won nothing in 3 seasons.

In 2016 LJ closed the club, sold the Serie A1 title to Neruda Volley and joined River Volley (Nordmeccanica Piacenza) as co-main sponsor.

The club left Piacenza and moved in Modena, to play in PalaPanini. This new partnership lasted 2 season. When 2017-18 season was over, River Volley sold its Serie A1 title to Cuneo Granda.

That's it.

• Especially not when Egonu ends up with 13 errors in total :what:

Nice to see Hanna Orthmann performing so well even against strong teams :super:

True. When Egonu is not at her best, Novara could be in trouble.

I'm very impressed by Orthmann's performance. She was the main serving target and had to take half of passing load. But her attack was really great with 51% Killing spikes and 40.5% efficiency. She has improved so much this season.

I hope she will be the starting OH together with Jennifer Geerties in NT.

• I think, both Louisa Lippmann and Kaja Grobelna show signs of fatigue, they are just playing too long now without a time of rest. Remember, they were also carrying their NTs in summer 2018... this is part of the general issue of too packed match schedules especially for important NT players.

• Thanks Picci for such exhaustive answer. Greetings :flower:

• I think, both Louisa Lippmann and Kaja Grobelna show signs of fatigue, they are just playing too long now without a time of rest. Remember, they were also carrying their NTs in summer 2018... this is part of the general issue of too packed match schedules especially for important NT players.

Lippmann showed her true potential, we saw it many times, she's just tired. When it comes to Grobelna I disagree, she is not that good OPP to be honest, she's not bad either, but not ready for this level. In many matches in Poland she was completely off, she's just a unstable hitter. She was not the only one who carried her team during NT period, plus her team did not participate in WCH. IMO she's way behind Louisa or Malwina.

• Lippmann showed her true potential, we saw it many times, she's just tired. When it comes to Grobelna I disagree, she is not that good OPP to be honest, she's not bad either, but not ready for this level. In many matches in Poland she was completely off, she's just a unstable hitter. She was not the only one who carried her team during NT period, plus her team did not participate in WCH. IMO she's way behind Louisa or Malwina.

I agree, Kaja Grobelna isn't on lever for Serie A and Louisa Lippmann is better than her very much!

• Lubian is performing really well, especially in attack. She would be perfect for Busto, Bisonte or Pomi next season.

How lucky Italy is with their MB,... Danesi, Folie, Christina, Bonifacio and now youngsters as Lubian and Fahr are coming.

Level of domestic players is rising and that is helping Seria A to become even stronger next season.

• The referee just robbed in favor of Imoco. Pathetic. The ball clearly did not touch the block. Is he blind or what?