Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• I mean with Molten She has quite good reception. She is very tall and her attacking is very good but still with some silly mistakes, but that is something that She can improve for sure. Her jump serve is great. She is little bit slow in defence but overall quite good OH. And if She keep improving She can be very powerfull player in near future.

• I mean with Molten She has quite good reception. She is very tall and her attacking is very good but still with some silly mistakes, but that is something that She can improve for sure. Her jump serve is great. She is little bit slow in defence but overall quite good OH. And if She keep improving She can be very powerfull player in near future.

Ohrtmann (188 cm) is not very tall at all, rather ordinary or average in that regard in relation to other european players on her position.

• I think she's 190+ tall now. She look taller than Adam(188).

Height of american players are almost always inflated. I will give a recent example: Trintin Savage, a volleyboll player for UCLA in college, has a listed height of 6-7 or 201 cm, but according to her own instagram she is 6-5 and a half inch, that is, 1.5 inches shorter than her listed height without shoes. In the NCAA as a rule they take the height in shoes and round it up. This procedure is a general principle even in Europe, but Ohrtmanns listed height might be her "real" one.

• Ohrtmann (188 cm) is not very tall at all, rather ordinary or average in that regard in relation to other european players on her position.

1.88 cm is very tall....Serbia and Italy for example has only a very very few OH`s over or even close to 1.88cm. In fact the only Italian OH that I can think of that is over 1.88 are Pietrini and Sorokaite.

Sylla 1.81

Mingardi 1.86

Herbots 1.82

Genari 1.84

Begic 1.85

Degradi 1.81

Malesevic 1.85

C. Bosetti 1.80

L.Bosetti 1.76

Picinini 1.84.....and these are European and there`s still a lot more of them that are under 1.88cm

• Yes, but I could count just as many, probably far more, who are 188 cm or above. Only in Russia, for example, we have Pasynkova, Kadochkina, Bavykina, Russu, Kosheleva, Markova, Ksenia Bondar-Naumova & more. This is the basic height for a Russian OH. Sokolova, Estes and Godina wasnt shorter before either, all of them above 190 cm. In Bulgaria we have both Rabadzhieva and Vasileva over 190 cm. USA has like 100 promising OH´s in high school/college who are 190 cm+ and their most hyped prospect, Plummer, is 199 cm. And Stysiak, the polish OH, is 202 cm tall. In the light of these numbers I doubt you could label Ohrtmann "very tall", maybe, at best, "tall".

• Yes, but I could count just as many, probably far more, who are 188 cm or above. Only in Russia, for example, we have Pasynkova, Kadochkina, Bavykina, Russu, Kosheleva, Markova, Ksenia Bondar-Naumova & more. This is the basic height for a Russian OH. Sokolova, Estes and Godina wasnt shorter before either, all of them above 190 cm. In Bulgaria we have both Rabadzhieva and Vasileva over 190 cm. USA has like 100 promising OH´s in high school/college who are 190 cm+ and their most hyped prospect, Plummer, is 199 cm. And Stysiak, the polish OH, is 202 cm tall. In the light of these numbers I doubt you could label Ohrtmann "very tall", maybe, at best, "tall".

U wrote this Ohrtmann (188 cm) is not very tall at all... That`s why I wrote "She`s very tall". Height is not everything...it helps players with average skills, but height does not stop a player undersized to be the best of the best. As you can see USA has produced and still produce many "giants" ... and how many of these "giants" turned out into world class? maybe 1 or 2... And how many world Tittles they have? only 1.....if height was everything only Russia and USA would be winning tittles. Not to mention these giants does even make a impact in clubs. Mostly of them plays in small level leagues.

Height is good ...but you need talent as well....Just look at the Brazilians and Italians...they don`t have height ...but they have talent. And that`s why they are a lot better than these players over 1.90cm. Paula Pequeno OG MVP is 1.84cm.

Please don`t reply back, let`s not keep going. We are off topic as this is Serie A1 thread. But in short Ohrtmann has perfect height, but if you think she`s not very tall at all, that`s fine.

• Due to WoV Egonu will go from Novara to Conegliano, while Conegliano will also hire her cousin Terry Enweonwu (currently still with Club Italia) as OH. And Valentina Diouf might return to Italy to Monza or maybe Scandicci, despite the latter would not get an adequate replacement for Haak that way IMHO.

By the way, Kaja Grobelna is not that bad, as some write here, she is not always stable enough, but the numbers are not that bad she has in attack. For example Aiyana Whitney is clearly weaker than her.

• Height is just one factor for a player at the net (mainly middles, opps, but also OH, less important for setters), of course there are others too, like ability to jump high, technical skills and so on. If the other factors are equal, being taller at the net is an advantage of course.

• By the way, Kaja Grobelna is not that bad, as some write here, she is not always stable enough, but the numbers are not that bad she has in attack. For example Aiyana Whitney is clearly weaker than her.

Of course she won't be like Egonu or Bosković but she isn't bad opposite. Maybe she should play as non-receiving OH. She spikes really good from zone 4 and 6. When Kaja played in Poland, she had a lot of problems with killing the ball from the right-wing but her attacks from zone 6 were great.

• Link for Rai Sport ?

Conegliano - Firenze ??

• Conegliano is playing very very good... Their team shape is on top in right time!