Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Ofc I missed that part (getting a drink)

But why the hell they're booing their own player...

I mean we can all agree that Chirichella is one of the most overrated Italian players, maybe ever... And that she but especially the NT coach (captian as well for god's sake :sos:) and club coaches all need a reality check but booing your own player? :down::what: really?

This is exactly my point|

• 12-11 out of nowhere but it mean't nothing in the end.

So close yet obviously so far away

Story of Scandicci this play-off. One could tell that in the long run Novara would win, even in the match they lost. Still it was entertaining overall with lots of drama. We need some good rescheduling next season, these players will soon have to go to NT too...

• As useless as Plak has been throughout the season, today she definitely was MVP. And I still can't get over that float serve at 23:24 in 3rd set, looking at her serving history today she really could have turned that set around and Novara could have won 3:1. But that's too many if's anyway...

• I kind of like Chirichella :P I'm not involved enough to know how she measures up to her 'rating', but she plays like a lot of players. Good and bad. She has a fine attack when it works and gets a block in every now and then, like everybody

• God dammit, I didn't realize the game was today, so not only am I spoiled for the result, but I also forgot to record it and now I'll only get to see a (probably) badly truncated replay. And the match actually sounded exciting for a change. :aww:

As for Chirichella, I think we can all agree she's having a miserable season, which can happen for a variety of reasons, but she's proven her worth before and I don't think it's right to write her off completely just yet.

• I kind of like Chirichella :P I'm not involved enough to know how she measures up to her 'rating', but she plays like a lot of players. Good and bad. She has a fine attack when it works and gets a block in every now and then, like everybody

Well yes but I think this is why she's criticised - "like everybody." She is a very capable MB for a Serie A team but she doesn't stand out really, particularly this season. For example, Danesi wouldn't be described as "like everybody," more accurately "like an absolute beast."

• Well yes but I think this is why she's criticised - "like everybody." She is a very capable MB for a Serie A team but she doesn't stand out really, particularly this season. For example, Danesi wouldn't be described as "like everybody," more accurately "like an absolute beast."

I just wanted to show her some love after getting booed.

• But why the hell they're booing their own player...

Italian crowds can be tough. I remember a couple of seasons ago when Sylla was still in Bergamo there was a game where she literally couldn't put a serve in, some of them didn't even reach the net, she must have had like 6-7 service errors and after the last one her home crowd started boooing her.

• I just wanted to show her some love after getting booed.

Yeah I know. The truth is she's a good player even if she's not at the top of her game at the moment and anyone who boos their own player should be ashamed. It's not like she's not trying out there, it's not an easy job.

• I think someone here described Novara as the 'comeback kids'. What I see when I watch them is that being behind doesn't seem to shake them. Egonu especially, even though she pouts a bit here and there. That's a great quality to have.

• Italian crowds can be tough. I remember a couple of seasons ago when Sylla was still in Bergamo there was a game where she literally couldn't put a serve in, some of them didn't even reach the net she must have had like 6-7 service errors and after the last one her home crowd started boooing her.

I remember the Sylla's episode as well :D. It happened the same today, after Chirichella made like her 5th serve error,they started to boo her :thumbdown:

• Today it has been a team victory for Novara. Egonu is always there, but as soon as it was clear that it wasn't Picci night and that also other players needed some rest, there you have Plak, MVP of the game, Camera that let Carlini some rest and Nizetich with some awesome aces in the tie break.

Scandicci doesn't have a killer instict, they are there, they can even dominate parts of the game but at the end they lose.

I hope Plak can put back her bad season and start playing as she is capable in these play offs. Novara needs fresh energies!