Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• serdar, too late, this was already tried and failed by Idmanocagi, I think it was like 2-3 seasons ago, lol :lol: and players were aware they were failed part of golden generations and claimed that they will make a comeback with Idmanocagi, it might be the year they relegated :whistle:

• serdar, too late, this was already tried and failed by Idmanocagi, I think it was like 2-3 seasons ago, lol :lol: and players were aware they were failed part of golden generations and claimed that they will make a comeback with Idmanocagi, it might be the year they relegated :whistle:

hahah you are right! Kubra Kegan and Ece Hocaoglu was there, 2016-2017 and of course failure of 90-91 generation Nesve Buyukbayram :cheesy: . Well then we know which team will relegate next to Aydin BB :lol: I can't believe Ece Hocaoglu was MVP of youth ECh and Nesve Buyukbayram was the best blocker of youth WCh :white:

By the way, which team am I missing?

Vakifbank-Eczacibasi-FB-GS
    BJK-Nilufer-THY-Karayollari
    Beylikduzu-Aydin-Canakkale and ?

• I think Karayollari and Samsun BB and even Canakkale have a higher chance of relegation. Anyone knows where we can see some final squads or anyone knows with who'm these teams will play?

voleybolunsesi has this page http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/….php?tgender=2&tperiod=20

but it is far from being complete indeed. And yes I forget about Samsun, since they did not make any transfer yet, they might be the one to relegate with Canakkale. Karayollari has Elif Sahin, Saliha Sahin and Yasemin Guveli. If they manage to get a few experienced foreigners, they won't be relegating. I wish we also have a club like Club Italia (not like TVF spor lisesi which is a joke project)

Imagine such a team in the league:

Aslihan Kilic-Buket Gulubay
    Ebrar Karakurt-Tutku Burcu Yuzgenc
    Saliha Sahin-Tugba Senoglu-Derya Cebecioglu-Aydin Ilkin
    Zehra Gunes-Yasemin Guveli-Merve Atlier-Ezgi Kara
    Melisa Memis-Simay Kurt

• Lol people talk about Drews like she was a disaster. The only trouble for the girl is Kiraly: he lost 2 opposites at once (Fawcett and Lowe), and there was no one behind Murphy. Drews, just like Whitney, has been called out of the blue, with zero international experience and put into a team supposed to play for a gold medal in each tournament. She had just the 2017 Panamerican Cup to prepare herself to the international volley, a tournament where the strongest teams where a rather weak Dominican Republic and what is left of Porto Rico after half of the girls who qualified for the OGs retired. Kiraly has no idea what is doing. At the 2016 Panamerican Cup he called Holston and Taylor. In 2015 he send to the tournament 6 outside hitters and no opposites. :lol:

• I have no idea about Kelly Hunter but Lee-Seray-Drews trio seem nice to me. They have to fight to survive at VSL. Also Ergül is good MB to make scores.

• what about Samsun Anakent team ? are they going to play in Sultanlar Ligi ? i cant see any transfer news about them
    did i miss something about them ?

Beylikdüzü has signed some American players...i wonder where Jana Kulan will play in the next season ?

• Çağla Akın will play for Galatsaray..i hope she has improved her game otherwise poor Meryem and Hande seem to take % 70 of the balls :white:

i expect she can give some of them to the American MB Inky and Aslı

from Gamze to Çağla seems a downgrade to me..i hope im wrong and Çağla surprises me positively

• Lol people talk about Drews like she was a disaster. The only trouble for the girl is Kiraly: he lost 2 opposites at once (Fawcett and Lowe), and there was no one behind Murphy. Drews, just like Whitney, has been called out of the blue, with zero international experience and put into a team supposed to play for a gold medal in each tournament. She had just the 2017 Panamerican Cup to prepare herself to the international volley, a tournament where the strongest teams where a rather weak Dominican Republic and what is left of Porto Rico after half of the girls who qualified for the OGs retired. Kiraly has no idea what is doing. At the 2016 Panamerican Cup he called Holston and Taylor. In 2015 he send to the tournament 6 outside hitters and no opposites. :lol:

Obvious Karch knows what he is doing and has put together some very good teams. The USA won the VNL and Pan AMs.. There was no way they would have won the Gold in Rio with China and Serbia playing as well as they did. Opposite is lacking, just like other teams are lacking in positions. Everyone talks about losing Lowe, Oh we need her back, she is going to be the game changer for the Opposite side. Really? She had one or two solid games a few years back and then tanks because every team started figuring her out. And she didn't do well in China. Everyone needs to go back and read the comments about her on this board and other boards. We have no clue why he didn't take Fawcett, and I can only guess why she didn't make the team. People think he needs to throw in these new players when either they haven't played international ball or they made a team for a month and barely played a game. The Pan AM games are pretty mediocre at best.

• Canter

Changed the title of the thread from “Turkey - Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019” to “Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019”.
  • btw..i just learnt by Tvf's announcing the new schedule that Halkbank will compete in sultanlar ligi :/ first Samsun Anakent was announced now Halkbank etc :pinch:

i dont have any idea about their roster

Sounds a little like Chaos, doesn't it?

• Only slightly off-topic: are there any signs, that the multi million US Dollar party of the big Istanbul clubs will end sooner or later by the rapidly decaying Turkish currency (Lira)? I guess, some other turbulences in the league are already connected with this decay...

• I suppose that it's possible as we've seen a slump in Turkish currency lately. Lira is very dependent on US Dollar and relationships between Turkey and USA doesn't look satisfactory :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game