Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• I think it's the right one because player's contracts are in USD/EUR :) And of course I don't want turkish league to end up like azerbaijan superleague.

• especially USD rate is getting down...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It seems like Halkbank will play with only local players this season. They keep all the locals from last year except libero Derya Cayirgan (transferred to Galatasaray) and they transferred defensive OH Ada Germen from Galatasaray:

Aslıhan Kılıç (Setter) - Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç (Opp)

Fulden Ural - Ada Germen (OHs)

Ceyda Durukan - Ezgi Kara (MBs)

Eylül Akarçeşme (Libero)

Indeed it is not a bad roster anyway since they have many players who played in senior or junior NT (all except Ceyda Durukan from starting 7) Still it is a very young team:white:

• Guys remember American super MB Alexis Crimes that last played in Sarıyer but was not present recent volleyball season? I just thought some people were or would still be curious what happened to her so will post this video that I recently found by coincidence that explains it pretty much.

Seems she was struggling with bad injuries :(

Now we just need to find out about Jessica Jones (Tow-Arnett)

• Dead. XD Just saw on Voleybolplus KYK arrived in Istanbul so went to check her Instagram and then found a slightly funny, slightly shady situation.

At KYK's most recent instagram photo, Kristin Hildebrand (American ex Fenerbahçe player) decided to go along with the still angry FB fans and posted, 'Fenerbahçe for life' as a joke in the comments :lol: The best part is Eda Erdem liking Kristin's comment but not even the actual photo. :rolll:

I sense next season rivalry!

Personally KYK is my all time fave player so despite being a FB fan, will support her and root for her as always :box:

• my reviews on some teams in VVSL

i (guessing as most of the users here) see Eczacı as the fav. of the league and also one of the biggest fav. for the other club competions.They have good players almost at every position.if we will look for a problem that could be setter position to some extent. lets see what Gamze and Ezgi can do with a "big team"

Vakıf will be strong again. Zhu and Lonneke are enough for a good offence.Additionally Raşiç and some talented local players

Fenerbahçe is a closed box .they seem to stay behing Eczacı and Vakıf and maybe more

i like Galatasaray (more than Fener) , setter position seems to be a problem : Çağla - Nursevil.

amongst the other teams : i like THY and Aydın. Also Beylikdüzü and Beşiktaş to some extent

the weakest teams will be Halkbank ,Karayolları and Çanakkale (they have had just one foreigner so far??)

• Yeah, Eczacibasi and Vakifbank seem much stronger than the rest, even more than before. I have no idea what to expect from Melissa Vargas but unless she is a miracle worker I don't see how Fenerbahce can challenge the top 2 teams but they still look good enough to finish 3rd. It will be interesting to see if the mid-level teams can challenge FB and GS this year.

• I am curious if Vakifbank could have their four star players show up in the upcoming super cup? Someone said they are not all ready yet? It would be a nice match if both Vakif and EZ have all star players fight for the first champion in Season 2018-19.

• I am curious if Vakifbank could have their four star players show up in the upcoming super cup? Someone said they are not all ready yet? It would be a nice match if both Vakif and EZ have all star players fight for the first champion in Season 2018-19.

well, For my opinion, both teams shouldn’t let their main starts to play in this upcoming match. It would be meaningless but most probably federation wants them to let those players play. Plus, both teams will want the cup.

• well, For my opinion, both teams shouldn’t let their main starts to play in this upcoming match. It would be meaningless but most probably federation wants them to let those players play. Plus, both teams will want the cup.

I heard their international players are not ready for Turkey super cup because WCH 2018 just finished. They are too tired to compete in such a short period of time. Let's see... The schedule of this season is tight anyway. The world club match will be coming soon.

• Why not? Vakıfbank has exactly the same 4 foreigners that they had from last year. Only missing player from starting 6 is Naz, and considering that Cansu indeed played last part of the season players already should be used to her sets too anyway. The only foreign player that might not be ready is Robinson since she probably didn't train attacking for whole summer and it will take time to get in shape.

I don't expect too much from Eczacıbaşı because their team has some new comers like KYK and Gamze, especially playing with a new setter might be tricky to adapt in such a short notice

• Why not? Vakıfbank has exactly the same 4 foreigners that they had from last year. Only missing player from starting 6 is Naz, and considering that Cansu indeed played last part of the season players already should be used to her sets too anyway. The only foreign player that might not be ready is Robinson since she probably didn't train attacking for whole summer and it will take time to get in shape.

I don't expect too much from Eczacıbaşı because their team has some new comers like KYK and Gamze, especially playing with a new setter might be tricky to adapt in such a short notice

I am not talking about the chemistry here. Players were focused to WCH for months and practiced for it. After it, it will be a bit hard to focus to club season in this short amount of time. After all these physical preparation for WCH, you cannot believe how even a short break makes you feel like you haven’t been on court for months.

But for the season part, yes, Vakif is mainly the same compare to last season except Gozde and Naz. Cansu was already there for the last two seasons so it won’t be so hard to find setter-hitter chemistry for them.

On the otherhand, Eczaci changed their setter, and it will take some time to find their rythem. I also wonder if Kim and the others will be able to get along considering Kim was a fanatic Fener player for a long time lol

I am sure Gibbemayer won’t have a problem making friends with the girls.

• I don't see your point. It is not like they play handball doing club season, it is the same sport same competition. It could be tactically different maybe but these players know each other very well since they have been competing against each other for a long time. So there is no point not to play with these players for the super Cup match

• I don't see your point. It is not like they play handball doing club season, it is the same sport same competition. It could be tactically different maybe but these players know each other very well since they have been competing against each other for a long time. So there is no point not to play with these players for the super Cup match

I believe you don’t have an understanding of professional sport at all. Anyway, i made my points and you made yours.

• I think that Eczacibasi and Vakifbank made even bigger gap between others this season. Gala looks okey, Fener is ?.

I'm interested about Vakif OPP position, will they go with two foreign OHs and Ebrar as starter or 1 local OH for Slotjes to play. Or maybe Rasic on the bench. But they will miss Gozde, that is for sure, She was one of key players for Vakif.

Maybe Fener players will have great chemistry and have great season but they can totally flop. What means flop for them is 4th place and not so good performance in CL.

Did Gala signed foreign MB ??

And all other teams don't looks interesting at all, maybe THY can make some surprises. Besiktas made mistake with Mia Jerkov. She is over as player, She needs to retire. With better foreign OH they could perform this season.

• I think BJK looks good, they also have decent local players and experienced foreign ones. FB can flop or slay indeed. Galatasaray is my favorite after signing Cursty Jackson (so yes they signed foreign MB) she was one of my favorite players both with her game and her spirit to ever come to Turkish league. Aydin has good foreigners but questionable locals, EczV and VB look fave but especially EczV looks from another world this year. Beylikdüzü and THY can be underdogs.

Halkbank needs to sign one more player quickly, that will help them.

Nilüfer plays good in friendlies so far btw. I think they have decent locals as well.