Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Poor Gala. They missed a direct kill to win set 3. Then two reception errors in clutch time cost the game.

• This will be a very long year for the supporters of Gala...

As beri said, Hande is capable of better than this, she has shown it in VNL...I don't know if it's some kind of mental block when it comes to clubs or what...

Fener has managed something I was very sceptical about, and that is successfuly replace one of the most dominant finishers in female volleyball, Rahimova. Vargas-Bricio duo has been more than good enough to make up for that so far, and the fact that they have put together a roster where they have 4-5 excellent servers is a huge bonus.

That said, it is still hard to see them butt-in into a Eczaci-Vakif tango that has become Turkish league in the last 2 years.

• Yeah, Hande just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter, Turkey will suffer if Hande is the best offensive spiker they have.

I agree with this. We keep hoping to see Hande playing good but she does not show it. OK, it is early to talk about whole season but I don’t see any light.

I am afraid she will be another lost talent.

Ebrar does not show anything special either when she enters the court. Even when she entered for OH, It is underatandable she makes a reception mistake but she does not kill at all. Only thing she does good is serving. I don’t see a bright future to be honest.

• Round 5

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video
    Eczacıbaşı Vitra 3-0 THY 25-14 25-21 25-23 Stats Video
    Fenerbahçe 3-0 Galatasaray 25-19 25-16 28-26 Stats Video
    Aydın BBLD 0-3 Vakıfbank 13-25 18-25 21-25 Stats
    Halkbank 0-3 Karayolları 24-26 23-25 27-29 Stats
    Beylikdüzü VI 3-0 Çanakkale BLD 26-24 26-24 25-20 Stats
    Nilüfer BLD 1-3 Beşiktaş 25-23 18-25 19-25 15-25 Stats
  • Round 6, Schedule :

14:00 Vakıfbank - Nilüfer B TRT Spor

15:00 Galatasaray - Aydın BB

16:00 Karayolları - Beylikdüzü

17:00 Çanakkale B - Eczacıbaşı V

18:00 Beşiktaş - Halkbank

16:30 THY - Fenerbahçe

• i didnt know Halkbank signed another Cuban player : Liannes Castaneda Simon

she played against Karayolları but the result is the same as in the other matches..lol

the weakest teams of the VVSL Halkbank and Çanakkale lost in 3 sets but they appear to have struggled till the end

Aydın couldnt grab any sets from Vakıf

watching Galatasary in first two sets against Fener was kinda torture to me the last set was better

• Vakif's easy win burst Aydin's bubble of a "good" team. Aydin didn't have any player who can score 10+ points while four Vakif's players did, even with Sloetjes sitting out the most of the time.

This season looks kinda of boring. Vakif-ECZ duo dominate Turlish league, and Imoco-Novara duo rule Italian league. Other teams can only compete for the 3rd place.

• It's not like that's a new development...last season was the same two-horse race (with one team winning all the titles, too).

Though depending on who Vakif brings to replace Zhu's departure after this season, and how long Kim stays in Eczaci (does anyone know the length of Kim's contract?), things might be different next year.

• Vakif's easy win burst Aydin's bubble of a "good" team. Aydin didn't have any player who can score 10+ points while four Vakif's players did, even with Sloetjes sitting out the most of the time.

This season looks kinda of boring. Vakif-ECZ duo dominate Turlish league, and Imoco-Novara duo rule Italian league. Other teams can only compete for the 3rd place.

it wasnt already a real matchup : Aydın vs Vakıf..

two teams dominance has been lasting for many years..Fenerbahçe has intervened in the race at times ..Gala made the surprise two years ago etc..

• it wasnt already a real matchup : Aydın vs Vakıf..

two teams dominance has been lasting for many years..Fenerbahçe has intervened in the race at times ..Gala made the surprise two years ago etc..

2016-17, ECZ got world club league champion, Fener got Turkish league champion and Turkish Cup, Vakif got CL champion.

2017-18, Vakif got all champions except world club league champion (which was postponed due to WCH 2018), but Gala can still challenge Vakif. And ECZ and Vakif had an intense series in Turkish final.

2018-19, It seems either Gala or Fener have no chance to challenge ECZ or Vakif.

• 2016-17, ECZ got world club league champion, Fener got Turkish league champion and Turkish Cup, Vakif got CL champion.

2017-18, Vakif got all champions except world club league champion (which was postponed due to WCH 2018), but Gala can still challenge Vakif. And ECZ and Vakif had an intense series in Turkish final.

2018-19, It seems either Gala or Fener have no chance to challenge ECZ or Vakif.

Gala has clearly no chance but Fener can give them a hard time at a probable semis

• Standings After Round 5 :

TEAM PTS MP MW ML SW SL

YOUNG TEAM PTS

1. ECZACIBAŞI VITRA 17,3 5 5 0 15 0 2,3
    2. VAKIFBANK 15,44 5 5 0 15 4 2,44
    3. FENERBAHÇE 12,32 5 3 2 11 7 2,32
    4. KARAYOLLARI 11,5 5 3 2 11 8 1,5
    5. BEŞİKTAŞ 9,46 5 3 2 9 9 1,46
    6. AYDIN BBLD 9,3 5
    1 9 6
    7. THY 9,3 5 3 2 9 6 0,3

KAMEROĞLU BEYLİKDÜZÜ VI

7,06 5 2 3 7 10 1,06

GALATASARAY 6,34 5 1 4 6 13 2,34
    10. NİLÜFER BLD 4,46 4 1 4 4 9 1,46
    11. ÇANAKKALE BLD 3,52 5 1 4 4 12 0,52
    12. HALKBANK 2,08 5 0 5 1 15 2,08
  • why is everyone so confident that zhu is leaving after this season?

Because there are rumours Chinese want her back in China, and not to spend herself in long Turkish seasons, for Tokyo 2020. I heard they even tried to buy out her contract this off-season, but Vakif refused.