Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Which player do you think is the "surprise" or "breakout" of this season? Maybe Melissa Vargas?

She was already known in the scene, but after a long stop because of an injury and first time playing in a top league, maybe it wasnt expected she would be leading so many rankings.

I think Simone Lee also could be a surprise. She is among the best spikers.

• :what:

Guidetti, Motta, Terziç. Who else do you expect?

• Which player do you think is the "surprise" or "breakout" of this season? Maybe Melissa Vargas?

She was already known in the scene, but after a long stop because of an injury and first time playing in a top league, maybe it wasnt expected she would be leading so many rankings.

i havent watched all the players regularly this season..

what i can say is that i like Vargas she can be a monster ..i wonder about her performances in the playoffs against good teams

i like Bricio..She started well then lived a decline now been playing better recently

Both American players of Beylikdüzü Simone and Drews are doing well.(Drews started worse now is better)

Bailey of Nilfer is doing well..Bystenko and Lazerevic are doing better in the recent rounds

Brayelin of Aydın is generally doing well.i cant say the same on OPP Gaila Lopez..MB Jineiry is a good attacking MB.She is doing better at blocking recently which is where her game is weak

Jackson of Galatasaray is one of the best attacking MBs of the league

KYK of Eczacı started slowly but now is playing better.Gibby has had good and bad matches ( who hasnt had ,lol)

Kelsey is generally playing well.

Sobolksa of Çanakkale is a good blocking MB (one of the bests of the league)

Aneta of THY is doing well..i havent watched Rahimova since she joined THY..she is good too..Ruseva does her job : blocking..Enright is getting better offensively..her passing changes based on the game

It is definitely Vargas. I was a bit skeptical about signing with her after such a long inactivity but she turned out to be even a better player than she was before inactivity. I wasn's expecting Bricio to have such a good season as well although she transferred here after a good season in Conegliano. Simona Lee was pretty good at attack but still have room to improve at reception. Bailey Autumn, Alexandra Laziç and Jineiry Martinez were the other players that played 'surprisingly' good this season.

Among the local players, Yasemin Güveli is the breakout player of the season. She already had a few great matches with Eczacıbaşı and in second division with Karayolları last year but having 7-8 blocks in several matches constantly in Sultanlar Ligi was something not expected for me.

By far it is Vargas. Not only including Turkish League but all other leagues as well. She easily already joined the TOP 10 best OPP`s in the world.

I was worried with Brayelin Martinez`s reception since a lot of the players coming from Italy often struggles, but she has been doing well and often carrying her team as well, and it is hard to believe she`s still only 22.

• Thanks for your answers guys! :win:

I also agree Melissa Vargas, without aby doubt, is the breakout of this season. Though I was more interested in local players.

and it is hard to believe she`s still only 22.

Indeed, it is so hard to believe it 8|

• Thanks for your answers guys! :win:

I also agree Melissa Vargas, without aby doubt, is the breakout of this season. Though I was more interested in local players.

Indeed, it is so hard to believe it 8|

Dominic players are notorious about changing their ages so that they can play in junior tournaments longer. That's why I am also skeptical her age.

• The question is, has it to do with the Mikasa used in Turkey and internationally opposed to the reletively seldom used Molten ball in Italy?

I just know the new ball will be used i internaional games is V200W of Misaka.It is said the new ball is not that hard to receive. need time

• THY defeated Galatasaray 3-2! Wow! Great match by Rahimova.

Despite of the victory, they finished 6th. Besiktas is 5th and the difference is just 0.16 :(

Dominic players are notorious about changing their ages so that they can play in junior tournaments longer. That's why I am also skeptical her age.

Dominican. Dominic is another country in the Caribbean sea :thumbup:

But Vargas is Cuban...

I think he is talking about Martinez, just that he missed to quote it.

• But Vargas is Cuban...

I was refering to the previous comment of pope about Martinez

• VESTEL VENÜS SULTANLAR LİGİ - PLAYOFFS QUARTER FİNALS ROUND

16.03.2019 - 15:00
    TÜRK HAVA YOLLARI
    FENERBAHÇE OPET
    16.03.2019 - 17:30
    NİLÜFER BELEDİYESİ
    VAKIFBANK
    17:30.2019 - 15:00
    BEŞİKTAŞ GALATASARAY HDİ SİGORTA
    28.03.2019 - 18:00