Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Its unlikely we go on and on because it seems that we are on the exact same side. I think he might be mad at me for some previous messages and is taking his anger out now but oh well ... Freedom of speech is not always easy to take :gone:

Luckily no one can ruin my mood today, not even crovolley :lol:

• The thing is, politics is directly involved in sports, which is why I don't understand the "a volleyball forum is not the place to discuss politics" argument. Brazil's newly elected president, for example, is cutting funds for sports because basically it's not something important for his government's way of "working" and it's gonna affect millions of lives and sports development in the country as a whole. I get not wanting to read about politics in a niche place like this forum, but sometimes both things are (and should be) interchangeable.

• That is what I am against for. You know nothing about me but you have your opinions. I dont want anything like that in this forum. However, I wont go any further. Everyone has own opinions and I respect that.

• Politics in Turkey has its outcomes for volleyball for sure. For example, Bursa BSK stop investing female volleyball club due to conservative local municipality. This club was the only club who was a threat to big 4 in Turkey. So seeing a good sign in political situation in Turkey could be relevant to the future of volleyball as well

I share your happiness Beri, maybe dark times will pass finally for turkey

• Its unlikely we go on and on because it seems that we are on the exact same side. I think he might be mad at me for some previous messages and is taking his anger out now but oh well ... Freedom of speech is not always easy to take :gone:

Luckily no one can ruin my mood today, not even crovolley :lol:

But Seria A is stronger than Turksih league...

• there is also the official Galatasaray site ofcourse which might be another maybe better alternative:

https://galatasaray.com

Match starts in about 5 mins.

Do you know why not a lot of fans shows up for the playoffs?

I mean that semi final of the Kupa Cup Vakifbank vs Fener was the best game of the season (including every league)... We could see some similar in the playoffs if more fans showed up.

• Do you know why not a lot of fans shows up for the playoffs?

I mean that semi final of the Kupa Cup Vakifbank vs Fener was the best game of the season (including every league)... We could see some similar in the playoffs if more fans showed up.

I think its because Fenerbahçe has more volleyball fans than Galatasaray.

VakifBank and Eczacıbaşı sure can draw much better home crowds than GS also. Also the match is scheduled at a wednesday at 19:30 local time, we've said it so many times but TVF is killing itself. Many people are right now like just on their way home after a busy they at work or having dinner or something lol

• its nice to know Galatasaray is opting for a complete team change next season :") this bunch is a mess together, only errors. They start good and than make 10 errors to end the set

• This might be the match you've been waiting for pope

Boskovic has been really poor by her standards but Eczacibasi look like they will win anyway.

• Results of play-offs from Turkish 1st League (equivalent of Serie A2):

Sarıyer Belediye 2-3 Altınbaş Ünv. Yeşilyurt

25-22 25-15 22-25 16-25 11-15

PTT 1-3 İlbank 22-25 25-12 20-25 20-25

Results are surprising since both PTT and Sarıyer Belediye were the favourites to promote to Venus Sultanlar ligi. Both lost only 1 match during regular season:white:

Starting 7 from each are as following;

Sarıyer Belediye: ASCI GIZEM MISRA-BOSKOVIC DAJANA-UZUN ELIF-BASHNAKOVA NIKALINA-DURGUN NESLISAH-AKSOY ECENUR-BAYAZIT SINEM (L)

Altınbaş Ünv. Yeşilyurt: TEZCAN ARZUM-FREEMAN SAREEA MONAYE-SENOGLU TUGBA-DENIZ GULSAH-BASKIR BELIZ-SAHIN BUSRA-YETIMOGLU SULE (L)
    PTT: UCDAG DUYGU-SANTOS YANELYS-ASLAN EZGI-KILIÇ AYŞE-TOY SELIN (DOGAN DUYGU NUR)-CAGLAR BAYSAL CEREN-GURSOY IRMAK (L)

İlbank: MOROVA ECE (KARADAS EYLUL)-OTURAN ZEYNEP-ERKEK YAPRAK-AKDAG SIMAY-TOKMAK GULCAN- KARAGOL CEREN-ONAL CEREN (L)

• I don‘t know what is going inside GS. GS for sure plays better with Hande ad Opposite bu they are starting with her as OH.

She is still Eczacis player so I guess they didn‘t allow GS to use her as OPP which is really bad if they have influence on that.

On the other side, why did you transfer Atkinson if she won‘t be starting, lets forget about starting, even don‘t let her playing besides of that double change. Really I don‘t get it.

• I don‘t know what is going inside GS. GS for sure plays better with Hande ad Opposite bu they are starting with her as OH.

She is still Eczacis player so I guess they didn‘t allow GS to use her as OPP which is really bad if they have influence on that.

On the other side, why did you transfer Atkinson if she won‘t be starting, lets forget about starting, even don‘t let her playing besides of that double change. Really I don‘t get it.

Its not that deep, Ataman is just a very bad coach. They will not win anything big with him, but I guess they will keep him anyways.

• serdar I have two questions:

So now Sariyer and PTT are eliminated or is it a play off serie?

Tugba Senoglu plays both wih Vakif and Yesilyurt?

No it's groups, this is just game 1. Best 2 will proceed http://fikstur.tvf.org.tr/2018…1LIG-LE-BYK-A-79-lig.html

And yes Şenoğlu plays for both atm, I hope she signs with one of the teams that promote next season, she is probably the main reason they beat Sarıyer.