Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Post by beri ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Post by hoyhoy ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • anyone who said people who wear hijab is a 2nd rank human need to be avoided at all cause. Just saying.

you need to learn to read or just shut the fuck up. she said she is against people forcing girls to wear a hijab. maybe you think it's ok for another human being to force you to wear one, but enlightened people don't.

• Merve Atlier is btw tall, looks athletic and is just 18 years old. Same generation as Ebrar and I remember she was quite reliable in youth level also. If I was EczV I would start with Lauren Gibbemeyer + Merve Atlier as MB duos as tbh I don't think the other two locals are much of use these days and don't make a difference anyways...

• you need to learn to read or just shut the fuck up. she said she is against people forcing girls to wear a hijab. maybe you think it's ok for another human being to force you to wear one, but enlightened people don't.

Maybe you need to take your advice and shut the fuck up. Go back to the original post and read it again.

• Maybe you need to take your advice and shut the fuck up. Go back to the original post and read it again.

I think you maybe slightly misunderstood, though beri did try to clear this up with her second post.

What I think she meant is that a religion that forces women to do certain things is treating them like 2nd class citizens, she never actually said that she personally believes they are that, just that they are treated that way and in her opinion they shouldn’t settle for that. I really don’t think she meant anything offensive.

• I think you maybe slightly misunderstood, though beri did try to clear this up with her second post.

What I think she meant is that a religion that forces women to do certain things is treating them like 2nd class citizens, she never actually said that she personally believes they are that, just that they are treated that way and in her opinion they shouldn’t settle for that. I really don’t think she meant anything offensive.

Thanks! I tried to explain it indeed in my 2nd post also but you put it here perfectly :thumbup:

• Merve Atlier is btw tall, looks athletic and is just 18 years old. Same generation as Ebrar and I remember she was quite reliable in youth level also. If I was EczV I would start with Lauren Gibbemeyer + Merve Atlier as MB duos as tbh I don't think the other two locals are much of use these days and don't make a difference anyways...

I’m surprised to see you say that about Beyza because I think you used to like her. She’s 23 years old so I don’t think she can become a superstar but might still improve a little so maybe too soon to give up on her?

Though I do see what you mean. If Merve Atlier has potential (I don’t know her well enough to know) then she should get a chance because it’s not like Beyza and Busra are really important players.

• I’m surprised to see you say that about Beyza because I think you used to like her. She’s 23 years old so I don’t think she can become a superstar but might still improve a little so maybe too soon to give up on her?

Though I do see what you mean. If Merve Atlier has potential (I don’t know her well enough to know) then she should get a chance because it’s not like Beyza and Busra are really important players.

I still like Beyza and she brings amazing passion to the court sometimes, I did not give up on her but I mean she is playing bad this season and I can understand why she is getting benched. To me I wish she left EczV, same for Merve. They don't know what to do with young talents whatsoever. In this case I would give Merve as much playing time as possible as she is a young talent, you never know they suddenly shine sometimes if they're truly talented. As someone here said Gio trusted Zehra and now she is one of the best Turkish middle blockers, EczV didnt trust Yasemin I hope they will try a new approach with Merve at least.

Beyza is still a good player and one of our best slider options, she is not a good fit in Eczaci though tbh

• I don't agree with you on that, Busra has been more than decent last couple of seasons, nothing spectacular but good enough so far whereas merve didn't show anything special as Yasemin did last season. I think gibbemeyer is disappointment so far, she won't be much of use unless beyza's injury is too bad to recover soon

• Oh and another thing. Looking at the stats Eda still ranks #2, only behind Rasic (which has played only in 8 games while Eda has played in 17). Plus Eda got 203 sets, there`s only 3 other middles with more (Eroglu,Jackson,Giel). Eda`s hitting % is over 50%.

Also Bahar got 103 sets with over 50% success. Babat`s number are even better 64 sets and she killed 42. ( Problem is that Babat has only 6 blocks).

So I don`t think Anna is doing bad with the middles. Eda would certainly be getting even more sets if their reception was better.

beri OMGG U were saying Jackson is the best middle in the world. Have you checked how many blocks she has?? only 16. That`s terrible...(Asli has 48 which makes her the best in the league). Her inability to block really hurts her team, not only she`s not blocking but she`s not getting any touches and not slowing anyone down on the other side. She was a weak blocker in Japan as well...Gala should have kept one of Ruseva-Jack.

Rasic played only 8 games and she has 39 blocks.