Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Who do we love?

• He's turning more and more into a narcissistic asshole year after year. Success does not become him well...

I respect him a lot as a coach but this type of behavior is simply ugly:mad::hit:

• Guidetti is kinda an attention whore, and he thought he's king in Turkey league, given that he's had a successful coaching history with Vakif, plus now he's also the Turkey NT coach. His drama on court always grosses me out. X(

• I've watched Fener's match and the team was all about high balls to Vargas and Bricio. Bricio fits better in a fast system imo. And then people call Novara and Scandicci's game boring :lol:

I watched some parts of the game and I thought about the same thing. And this match was against Canakkale and I don’t know about the 3rd set but why were they playing with the main team?

Regarding Fatma, she used to attack at least OK, even against Canakkale, she was bad in the parts I watched. Fener should send their high balls to Eda when receiving is not good, at least she can use them in a smart way, Fatma sends those balls either out or straight into the net. I expected better of her.

• I like Fener to be honest they are a very dynamic team at peak, Novara is literally just Egonu.

Also Çanakkale is one of the worst teams in TL, they will not show something special vs them. When have Bricio-Vargas and a middle as Eda (even Bahar and Dicle had some great matches) then thats already 3 main scorer options. I don't think that's so little option even 2 is more then just Egonu like in Novara. And its not even like Novara has no options.

I personally don't find Scandicci boring at all. Scandicci similar like FB struggles in reception a lot at important moments, neither are boring teams though to me.

• I like Fener to be honest they are a very dynamic team at peak, Novara is literally just Egonu.

Also Çanakkale is one of the worst teams in TL, they will not show something special vs them. When have Bricio-Vargas and a middle as Eda (even Bahar and Dicle had some great matches) then thats already 3 main scorer options. I don't think that's so little option even 2 is more then just Egonu like in Novara. And its not even like Novara has no options.

I personally don't find Scandicci boring at all.

Exactly... Novara has only National Team member players , and this includes their bench. Mostly of them were all in the WCH semis and final ... Fener has a much more limited roster...

Vargas is still spiking better than Egonu,Bokovic,Haak....

• Galatasaray barely beat Halkbank today 3-1 with a 30-28 final set. Also first set was 30-32. For whatever reason Jackson only played 1 set. Other then that Hande was Opp and Nursevil the setter most of the match. Tbh I will keep my statement that I think this GS team in general was just a failed project, these players don't fit together. Good blockers lack and combined with bad/mediocre setters its just a no-go. Leys was a another no! I can imagine 1 of BJK/THY/BVI goes to CEV cup next season.

• Hande had 32 pts! 51%

Can't wait for Hande + Cansu + Ebrar + Meliha + Eda + Zehra + Simge in NT :box:

imo this will be the starters. And this team can cause huge problems for the top teams imho as well :win:

• Can't wait for Hande + Cansu + Ebrar + Meliha + Eda + Zehra + Simge in NT :box:

I'd rather see "Legs" over Ebrar but I understand she's fading and Ebrar is gaining. So be it. Will be fun to see what they do.

• I'd rather see "Legs" over Ebrar but I understand she's fading and Ebrar is gaining. So be it. Will be fun to see what they do.

I think we'll still see Meryem Boz in the NT this season, who knows maybe she'll do better with Cansu as setter instead of GS's setters. However she would replace Hande (usually) I think because I expect and hope to see Ebrar Karakurt as OH this time around. But I think this season everything is open for Turkish NT, what the starting team will look like it completely depends on individual perfs. of players.

• I think we'll still see Meryem Boz in the NT this season, who knows maybe she'll do better with Cansu as setter instead of GS's setters. However she would replace Hande (usually) I think because I expect and hope to see Ebrar Karakurt as OH this time around. But I think this season everything is open for Turkish NT, what the starting team will look like it completely depends on individual perfs. of players.

Oh yeah, reading this thread I did see Ebrar drift left and Hande drift right. Hmm, and you expect to see this carry through to the NT? I didn't watch much of the club games to opine on Ebrar's reception. Is that the make-it or break-it element?

• Ebrar looks a fairly stable receiver from what I’ve seen. But as far as I know she’s not played as a receiver against the best serving teams who will target her. I definitely think she can be a good OH in the future, but it’s hard to measure her current level.

Hande on the other hand should just be an OPP. Sometimes her reception is OK but too often she’s just a mess and costs her team a lot of points.

• Any idea what happened to the TVF dataproject? I can't find anymore last seasons stats. They were there few weeks ago. :(

Zentiva, former Eczacibasi sponsor, is now investing money in football: they're sponsoring Genoa this season.

I find it weird since Turkey is in recession. They could be easily sposoring any other volleyball team. Being on a Serie A jersey is expensive.

genoa-zentiva.jpg?la=it-it&hash=F6F8F0F47115282A2CD38F1E0A666526457738EA