Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Any idea what happened to the TVF dataproject? I can't find anymore last seasons stats. They were there few weeks ago. :(

Usually you can find earlier seasons with trying out lower numbers at the end of the URL, in this case "25" instead of "31".

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionHome.aspx?ID=25

• Hande had 32 pts! 51%

Can't wait for Hande + Cansu + Ebrar + Meliha + Eda + Zehra + Simge in NT :box:

imo this will be the starters. And this team can cause huge problems for the top teams imho as well :win:

the core of the team is having good season in their club teams however, all the rest is quite bad so far. This season Seyma Ercan hasn't showed any performance that she was more than average, especially in attack. Also both Cağla and Gamze are playing bad. Meryem Boz has been embarrassing so far.

I am still skeptical about Ebrar as OH. She wasn't bad in 2 matches but these were against weak teams. With NT, she will have to play against very dangerous servers. I will wait till I see a few more matches before getting excited about her new position.

By the way Hande played mostly as OH in this match, Atkinson was the opposite during first 3 sets.

• the core of the team is having good season in their club teams however, all the rest is quite bad so far. This season Seyma Ercan hasn't showed any performance that she was more than average, especially in attack. Also both Cağla and Gamze are playing bad. Meryem Boz has been embarrassing so far.

I am still skeptical about Ebrar as OH. She wasn't bad in 2 matches but these were against weak teams. With NT, she will have to play against very dangerous servers. I will wait till I see a few more matches before getting excited about her new position.

By the way Hande played mostly as OH in this match, Atkinson was the opposite during first 3 sets.

I'm also skeptical but I believe everything has to be done to convert Ebrar in an ok receiving OH bcs let's be honest I believe just Ebrar or just Hande won't get us to beat top level teams in important tournaments. We need all gunpower and I don't see a 2nd player atm that could secure perfect reception next to Meliha anyways, Şeyma couldn't, Hande for sure not and I don't see anyone else either for now. Which is why I think it's better to go try it Serbian style(Mihajlovic style to be precise) with black wolf.

Turkish setters aside from Cansu Özbay are having a bad season in general btw it's bad bcs you could feel that void at Wch already, Gio shouldn't close his eyes on Ezgi Dilik and I hope Naz can return soon. Elif Şahin is improving too.

Meryem Boz is catastrophal this season, has huge ups and down between some weeks but I will have to say that I don't agree with some people here that already dislike her that its just bcs she can't play in a top team, GS is not much of a top team this season anyways. Following VNL it is clear that Meryem Boz needs sky high slow balls or fast precise sets and still high sets. Throughout the tournament I noticed she has one of the highest spike reaches of any players in the world and spikes at that reach continously, which is a rare thing. Neither GS setters can provide the sets to her, it's not easy to do either needs a truly skilled and athletic setter. Personally I just don't think Meryem fits in this system (GS still tries to play really fast) and in this team with these setters, even in VNL she was worse with Çagla (though everyone was which has to be said :P) Aside from that I do have to say she still looks weak this season compared to her usual athleticness.

Also I notice Galatasaray's fitness is a bit off in general, some players look like they gained some weight like Cansu, Hande, Asli etc. Meryem Boz looks skinny on the other hand and looks like she lost half her muscle mass.

Şeyma Ercan is an even worse case imo, she is like a total ghost and I have no clue what's wrong with her, so far she hasn't done anything specisl in the league which surprises me. Right now on paper THY looks fairly strong to me, Şeyma should be comfortable in this system yet she underperforms each week. I would like Meliha/Şeyma also for example but only if that would secure complete perfect reception which I can't say after last summer and definitely not now. Ofc she is not always terrible or anything but I believe she can so better then this current, let's see.

Fulden Ural is another case which I expected decent matches from, she is a useful player. But poor girl was stuck this season with this joke of Halkbank management and a joke of a team.

Derya and Tugba are faded this season. Fatma started really well the season but lost grip completely, she looks lost now.

Some other options I guess are Ceren Kestirengöz and Saliha Şahin.

Sorry for huge post XD

• I agree with Elif Şahin. Especially considering Cansu's big reliability at blocking, it could be wise to bring a tall setter. I wouldn't be complaining if Guidetti picks Buse Unal over her though. I think Buse has been very consistent for whole season and she has very dangerous serves.

I am not opposed to the idea of giving chances to Derya and Tuğba during the VNL this summer but this could be exact opposite of what Guidetti claimed before (if you don't play in your club, you can't get into NT). That's why I feel like Fatma will be the 4th OH next to Meliha, Seyma and Hande (or Ebrar). Ceren Kestirengöz is a no-no for me, she has been another failed example of an opposite-trying-to-be-an-outside. She has no improvement in reception throughout the season and she is not a killer attacker neither. As far as I remember, she was injured in last couple of weeks anyway. Thus, I wouldn't count on her. On the other hand, Saliha had a few decent performance but whenever she struggles she got replaced Mariana Aydın who is also quite an average player. She was on the bench for half of the season. If she wouldn't be playing full time, she'd better stay in Eczacıbaşı and work under guidance of a good coach such as Motta. I do think she has potential to be a good player but so far she didn't fulfill the expectations from her.

I like Cansu Cetin so far, I'd rather have her instead of a third libero (I am clearly not a fan of Aylin Sarıoğlu). Indeed as long as Ebrar and Hande is in the roster there's no point to bring Meryem. I think having a defensive OH such Cansu to replace Ebrar/Hande in the backrow could pay off better than double-substitution with Meryem-Cağla. I wish Güldeniz was in GS or FB this season, she could definitely make a big difference in both teams right now.

What do you think about Birgul Güler? She was a decent player in last two seasons but she is simply terrible this season, is injured or what?

• gosh Birgül, I completely forgot about her tbh actually since she is so irrelevant and such a non-factor these days and so is Çanakkale as a whole these days. I believe all other mentioned options, like Saliha/Fatma/Tugba etc. are a better choice then her. She is also not at an age anymore in which she can get away with being so-so.

I don't find Cansu Çetin's performance spectacular at all. I prefer Aylin over her tbh :lol: as defense sub ofc

• JoanaBG Rasic is back in trainings. She started last week and Vakifbank shared a picture in instagram, saying something like "She is back!"

About the NT. I agree that the best squad so far is Cansu-Hande, Ebrar-Meliha, Zehra-Eda, Simge.

In this way, Hande can receive when Ebrar fails in receiving and Ebrar can be subbed out in the backrow.

I don't agree on Elif Sahin at all. I watched her live. Karayollari has two bad setters unfortunately. Their sets to zone 4 and slides are terrible, which explains why some players have really low attacking rates in that team. I don't know how many but I counted so many times that their poor spikers had to tip the ball in to fix them.

Seyma Ercan and Birgul Guler do not look promising so far. I think Cansu Cetin is in good shape, playing regularly and can help Ebrar in the backrow in the NT. Fatma is probably another fine (even though she does not perform great) alternative.

I think Yasemin Guveli deserves a chance this summer as well as Asli Kalac.

The second setter should be Ezgi considering the terrible performances of local setters this season. I was hopeful of Nursevil but being benched for 2 weeks brought her back to old Nursevil.

• Nataša Krsmanović will not be registered to play in the Turkish league, only CL.

What benefit do they get by not registering her for the TL? I mean I get that they’re not planning to use her, that makes sense, but wouldn’t it be better if they registered her just in case Gibbemeyer gets injured or something and they need her?

• Only an idiot would swap Hande&Ebrar's positions...

When you look at most teams, you see the tallest wing player is the opposite...

There's a good reason for that, she can attack better and her defense won't be that good, so she will be less of a liability at opposite...

Italy wanted to make Egonu OH at first because they had Diouf who was taller and considered a star player at the time...

Then they changed Egonu to opposite and didn't look back.

Same with Gamova&Goncharova, Goncharova moved to opoosite after Gamova retired..

It's unthinkable that a coach of Guidetti's calibre wouldn't be aware of this..

So why He's trying to move Ebrar to OH?

For Vakıfbank, since Vakıfbank transfered Haak now He has to find a new role for Ebrar...

Guidetti used Vakıfbank for Netherlands in 2016...

He benched Sheila for Sloetjes, Sheila didn't play 5 games that season..

And He transfered Buijs even if he had a player like Hill...

I would expect him to do same with Turkey, He should've benched Sloetjes and played with Ebrar..

But not only does not he do that now He's wasting time to teach Ebrar a new position...

That's DISGUSTING....

I can understand that he might be disheartened after WCH...

But this is too much, He's basically hampering Ebrar's growth, and wasting Turkish NT's time...

The federation should kick him out after a probable failure in olympic qualification...

• Calm your tits down! I'm also skeptical with this idea but there's no need to be so overdramatic about it.

We simply don't have an offensive outside hitter except hande and hande has been failing as OH for last 2 seasons. She doesn't show any sign of improvement at reception. However she has played very spectacular as opp so it might not be the worse idea to keep her as opp instead of desperately trying to make an OH out of her. Ebrar seems to have a star quality as opp, that's why I'm also rooting for her in this position but if she shows good signs as a receiver during trainings, maybe guidetti sees a future in her as OH. That's why I think we should wait and see how it will look this summer.

By the way, sheila was terrible when she came to Vakıfbank whereas sloetjes was reaching her peak so it was totally a fair decision in between these two. Moreover, Buijs is not same type of player like Hill at all. She didn't have a spectacular season in Vakıfbank back then (neither vasileva or a few others) but at that time it was a right decision to transfer her as an offensive OH.

You are being unfair to guidetti by forgetting he is the reason that we have zehra right now. For instance, Yasemin güveli was as good as zehra but Eczacıbaşı/motta didn't trust/invest her and she still didn't make much improvement while zehra became best Turkish MB after Eda thanks to guidetti. Don't forget also how positively she affected Gözde as a player while he was not our NT trainer

• I totally agree with Serdar. Wouldn't it be nice if you acquire more skills? If Ebrar can learn to receive, she could even be a receiving OPP, you don't need to receive in every rotation, just couple of them. Look at the men's side, top OPPs like Anderson, Zaytsev and Mikhailov, they all can receive.

• I am a bit suprised to see how you guys accepted Ebrar as OH so quickly. It is like the time she played in U23 tournament and people wanted Gio to have her as main OPP in ECH 2017 and then even last summer, we saw she is not ready yet. She played a good match against Halkbank as OH and you guys are so supportive of this idea.

I am not saying she can’t be a good OH or anything, I am just not that into it.

• Round 19 , Results :

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video
    Halkbank
    1-3
    Galatasaray Hdi Sigorta
    30-32
    20-25
    25-20
    28-30

Stats

Fenerbahçe Opet
    3-0
    Çanakkale BLD
    25-15
    25-19
    25-21

Stats

K Beylikdüzü VI
    0-3
    Vakıfbank
    17-25
    17-25
    21-25

Stats

Eczacıbaşı Vitra
    3-0
    Beşiktaş
    25-19
    25-16
    25-19

Stats
    Nilüfer BLD
    3-0
    Aydın BBLD
    25-18
    25-18
    25-20

Stats

THY
    3-0
    Karayolları
    25-18
    25-21
    28-26

Stats

• Standings After Round 19 :

TEAM

PTS MP
    MW ML SW SL YTP
    1. ECZACIBAŞI VITRA
    58,3 19 19 0 57 6 2,3
    2. VAKIFBANK 53,44 19 18 1 55 11 2,44
    3. FENERBAHÇE OPET
    43,32 19 14 5 46 22 2,32
    4. GALATASARAY HDI SIGORTA 40,34 19 12 7 43 27 2,34
    5. BEŞİKTAŞ 29,46 19 8 11
    35 39 1,46
    6. THY 29,3 19 10 9 31 33 0,3
    7. KAMEROĞLU BEYLİKDÜZÜ VI 27,06 18 9 10
    32 39 1,06
    8. NILÜFER BLD
    26,46 19 10 9 34 39 1,46
    9. KARAYOLLARI 19,5 19 6 13 27 47 1,5
    10. AYDIN BBLD 18,3 19 5 14 28 44 0,3
    11. ÇANAKKALE BLD
    10,52 19 3 16 16 51 0,52
    12. HALKBANK 4,08 19 0 19 11 57 2,08
  • Im open to new ideas and it makes me excited honestly. The only solid local wing players Turkey has this season are: Meliha-Hande and Ebrar. Meliha is certainly an OH. Hande receives and attacks better from zone 2 and zone 6. That means, if Ebrar can hit better from zone 4, it is a perfect equation.

As I wrote earlier, Ebrar does not have to receive. If she fails in receiving, Hande can play receiving opposite. When Ebrar is in the backrow, Ebrar can play in zone 1 (since she hits better from there and she makes better defense there) and Hande can play in zone 6 (since she hits better from there and she makes better defense there). It is all fitting well.

I don't agree on this opposites being the tallest player and such argument. Women volleyball is not like mens volleyball, it is not all about height and power but also technique and speed. Look at Tandara, she did a very good job as opposite, even though she is only 184. Hande Baladin is 190 cm. Moreover, Hande is much faster than Ebrar on zone 2. She also hits better angles than she does on zone 4.

Basically, if Ebrar is able to hit consistently from zone 4, I don't see a problem with this system at all.

• Round 20, Schedule :

13:00 Aydın BB - Halkbank

14:00 Vakıfbank - Eczacıbaşı Vitra TRT Spor

17:30 Nilüfer B - Fenerbahçe Opet

19:00 Galatasaray - K Beylikdüzü VI

16:00 Karayolları - Çanakkale BLD

16:00 Beşiktaş - THY TRT SPOR

• Yes, this round will decide who's gonna take the champion of the regular season. Kelsey's offense gets better with time passing by. If both Zhu and Slotejes are on fire, Vakif could win this one.