Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• yeah but on other hand their reception is super unstable.

Zhu is better reciver than Bricio, She improved so much so I we can say that Zhu become very stabile with her reception...

Zhu is the main receiver in the national team and she contributes a lot on the defense. Although China loses to italy in the semis in world championship, china receives better than italy. Moreover,China beats USA twice which has the best receiving line in world championship. However, in vakifbank she has teammates like slotejes and robinson and milena rasic. She can focus more on attacking. The most important , she has much more rest now compared to the tournament in the national team. Gio really loves and cares zhuting! Vakifbank is really the best volleyball club to work at!!!:teach:

• This may seem as hypocritical, given my post a few days ago about the thoughts from Supercup Final, but this match truly is not end of the world, and people need to chill at least until we see the healthy Zhu, and how the team looks with her, and whether team strengths will be able to outweighs the flaws.

But that the roster makeup is unbalanced, and that there ARE obvious flaws in the team and how it is constructed is undeniable (same as with Eczacibasi in 2016/2017, and Galatasaray in 2017/2018).

• Hande seems to had a solid game, judging by stats...but that she will ever turn into a reliable receiver is doubtful, at best.

Rasic seems to have dominated at block tonight. 8 points in that department!:heart:

Waiting to see the stats for Eczaci's game, but the score is more than impressive.

• Wow, I honestly did not expect to see a single game in the season where Motta decides to rest both Boskovic and Larson, but he has done it on the very first League game! Well done, Marco!:obey:

A much better game for Kim, but she still has ways to go to return to her norm. Does anyone have any idea who actually played Opp? Because officially, Tijana is the only opposite in the club. Stats would suggest Gozde Yilmaz (and she seem to have had a good game).

• Wow, I honestly did not expect to see a single game in the season where Motta decides to rest both Boskovic and Larson, but he has done it on the very first League game! Well done, Marco!:obey:

A much better game for Kim, but she still has ways to go to return to her norm. Does anyone have any idea who actually played Opp? Because officially, Tijana is the only opposite in the club. Stats would suggest Gozde Yilmaz (and she seem to have had a good game).

Gözde Yilmaz yea, maybe Motta played like that because Nilüfer had their own little incident going where they couldnt let their foreigners play today... Really stupid btw, some people predicted this would happen already a few days ago yet Nilüfer management seemed clueless up until today.I guess with that Motta knew he'd beat Nilüfer regardless of the squad they put on court.

• Round 1,Results :

Fenerbahçe - Beşiktaş : 3-0 ( 27-25, 25-20, 27-25)

Stats

Galatasaray - Çanakkale : 3-1 ( 25-21, 23-25, 25-18, 25-21)

Boz,Baladin and MB Jackson undertook the job. Çanakkale doesnt seem to have a prominent scorer but interestingly 5 players made 10+ points

Stats

Vakıfbank - Karayolları : 3-2 ( 23-25, 25-15, 29-31, 25-13, 15-6)

Karayolları's passing was horrible.they made 19 erros, almost gave a set through their passing mistakes.Marina Aydın shouldnt have stayed on the floor the entire match..i wonder why MB Yulia didnt play today ? Setter Elif Şahin was second best scorer after Tumas. lol.i cant say i like her game (Elif's) on the other hand what could she do with this horrible passing ? They were better than Vakıf at blocking.

Lonneke attacked,Tuğba served and Raşiç blocked.that was the summary of Vakıf's game.Zehra was good,Ebrar was bad.

Stats

Aydın BB - THY : 3-0 ( 25-22, 25-20, 25-22)

i didnt expect a 3-0 win by Aydın. OPP Lopez played a good match..Other than Havlickova and Ruseva,Thy's players played a bad match.

Stats

Halkbank - Beylikdüzü : 1-3 ( 25-23, 16-25, 9-25, 18-25)

Seems all the players of Beylikdüzü played well. Drews was the best scorer .I didnt know Cuban Giel would play for Halkbank but she played today.She and Fulden played a good match.Poor game by OPP Tutku

Stats

Nilüfer - Eczacıbaşı Vitra : 0-3 ( 14-25, 12-25, 12-25)

Good game by Gözde,Kim and Meliha

Stats

• Round 2, Schedule :

15:00 THY - Nilüfer B

17:30 Karayolları - Galatasaray

18:00 Çanakkale - Aydın BB

18: Beylikdüzü - Fenerbahçe

18:00 Beşiktaş - Vakıfbank TRT Spor

18:30 Eczacıbaşı - Halkbank

• Can you all calm the f**k down? It's their first game of the regular season.. many players just got back from WCH. Slotjes must be understandably tired. Zhu is allegedly injured, and we must understand how Cansu is feeling when her go-to player is not on court. Gozde was their captain, and she was a true captain.. whenever something went wrong, she was the one to calm the down, fire them up when they needed to, score, pass, serve.. she was really important. Naz is also not there anymore. Kelsey is having problems scoring, we discussed that.. maybe passing too, but it's different passing as OH and libero, the positioning on the court I mean. Also with the USA she, Larson and Hill, all cover the dame amount of space.. now she has Zhu, and it doesn't help that Gizem is also struggling to pass.

So taking this into consideration, it doesn't mean Vakfbank is done.. it means they need more time to get used to the new environment and work on their weaknesses. I'm sure they will

Not at all: 100% positive passing, 67% perfect passing. She carried the team's reception by her own. :white:

• Vakif did not play well in this game. The sets they won had a huge win/lose points gap, and the set they lost was close. It should be a 3:0 game even without Zhu. But it's just the beginning of the season. There're too many things to settle down in a sudden. We may see the trend after half season.

• Just watched FB played. Vargas, Bricio, Bahar, and Eda all have killer serves. They are going to eat teams with weak reception line alive! Ana must be so happy that she can play the system that she is used to -- sets 80% of the ball to the Opp. She has Boskovic on the NT, and now she has Vargas.

• Just watched FB played. Vargas, Bricio, Bahar, and Eda all have killer serves. They are going to eat teams with weak reception line alive! Ana must be so happy that she can play the system that she is used to -- sets 80% of the ball to the Opp. She has Boskovic on the NT, and now she has Vargas.

in Cannes, she used to play with MBs a lot so i think she likes playing with MBs a lot. I expect her to play with Eda a lot.

• i hope Nilüfer B can benefit from its foreigners two days later in Round 2..THY - Nilüfer match can be good

also, i wonder what the American players of Beylikdüzü can do against Fener.im already wondering about Vargas perf. in that match.

lets see who Guidetti will field against Beşiktaş ? same lineup as against Karayolları or the heavy weapons ?

Karayolları - Galatasaray could be interesting too.Galatasaray is not %100 ready like the others either..i expect a better management by Karayollar's coach unlike Round 1

• Fener's serve is a challenge for other teams. If they can keep the stability of their serves, they are still competitive in CEV.

• Fenerbahce is pretty lucky because Beylikduzu has almost an identical receiving line to Besiktas. They are using Ceyda Aktas or Seray Altay who were both opposites for receiving. The other OH is Simone Lee whom I expect is a better attacker than receiver. So FB servers can go to a record in aces/set ratio after the 2nd round.

On saturday they will play against Vakifbank though! So it is a derby already in a week, yay! :)