Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Fener's serve is a challenge for other teams. If they can keep the stability of their serves, they are still competitive in CEV.

if Vargas can meet the expectations and fulfil her job deservedly then they can be competitive enough in CL too other than being competitive thanks to their serves ..Ana and second OH's (counting on Bricio's performance) performances will surely be decisive too

• Fenerbahce is pretty lucky because Beylikduzu has almost an identical receiving line to Besiktas. They are using Ceyda Aktas or Seray Altay who were both opposites for receiving. The other OH is Simone Lee whom I expect is a better attacker than receiver. So FB servers can go to a record in aces/set ratio after the 2nd round.

On saturday they will play against Vakifbank though! So it is a derby already in a week, yay! :)

You are right that serving line of Beylikdüzü is not strong but Seray Altay is a decent receiver and she indeed played as OH for many years although she is left-handed. On the other hand, Ceyda is terrible at reception.

By the way, I don't think FB's aces were because of the shaky reception line of Beşiktaş. I think any strong receivers would have had troubles receiving those bombs and tricky floats. I expect this team to slay a lot of good receiver this season :box:

• Just watched FB played. Vargas, Bricio, Bahar, and Eda all have killer serves. They are going to eat teams with weak reception line alive! Ana must be so happy that she can play the system that she is used to -- sets 80% of the ball to the Opp. She has Boskovic on the NT, and now she has Vargas.

Actually Maja is the Serbian setter who likes to have a dominant OPP, and set her most of the balls. Ana has spent most of her career in Cannes, and she always distributed her sets evenly. She has Centoni as OPP, who is not the strongest hitter, she needed to be set fast, and left with one blocker. Also Rasic and Ravva were the middle blockers, and God knows how many combinations has Ana played with Ravva.

• I'd say Živković is actually the Serbian setter who likes to have a dominant OPP :D When Maja first started out, Serbia didn't have any dominant hitters. There was the Đerisilo-Spasojević-Nikolić trio, that was very balanced (when Nikolić didn't forget to switch her brain on), but none of them was a monster spiker a la Bošković. Back then it wasn't anything unusual for MBs Čitaković and Krsmanović to be highest scoring players of the game.

If she's changed later, it's because of the appearance of such huge hitters as Brakočević and later Bošković who's even more dominant, and honestly, with them on the team, pretty much every setter in the world would set the majority of balls to them.

But not to go too off-topic, yeah, I also think Ana is going to play with Eda a lot. Fenerbahce is really lucky to have the best Turkish MB on their squad, it makes the team composition regarding foreign players much easier.

• As far as I know Cuban federation has no intention to get Vargas back to NT. It would be such a wise move by Fenerbahce to offer a Turkish citizenship for Vargas. Of course this cant be a single handed taken desicion by Fenerbahce, it is all up to Vargas (Hi Matthias, yeah I know clubs dont go to a market and get the players by paying off their prize, players choose the club they want to play:lol:) This way they can have a world class OPP and 3 more foreigners. Taking into account our OPP problem in NT, I would like to see a strong girl like Vargas playing in NT. She can be our 'Taismary Agüero' ( Oh God how i missed watching her:heart:)

this would be interesting and excited me but on second thoughts, Turkey has a young opp named Ebrar..she is 3-month younger than Vargas..Gui should develope her skills..

• I'd say Živković is actually the Serbian setter who likes to have a dominant OPP :D When Maja first started out, Serbia didn't have any dominant hitters. There was the Đerisilo-Spasojević-Nikolić trio, that was very balanced (when Nikolić didn't forget to switch her brain on), but none of them was a monster spiker a la Bošković. Back then it wasn't anything unusual for MBs Čitaković and Krsmanović to be highest scoring players of the game.

If she's changed later, it's because of the appearance of such huge hitters as Brakočević and later Bošković who's even more dominant, and honestly, with them on the team, pretty much every setter in the world would set the majority of balls to them.

But not to go too off-topic, yeah, I also think Ana is going to play with Eda a lot. Fenerbahce is really lucky to have the best Turkish MB on their squad, it makes the team composition regarding foreign players much easier.

I don't like to be misunderstood. Maja does set the MBs a lot, and she does that very well, even from some almost impossible positions she makes it work. What I meant was she likes when she has a dominant OPP, and relies on them pretty often

• Vargas is totally a new face. But she's so young and talented. Her attacking is better than Polen, and she can play as either OPP or OH. Maybe she'll become another Egnou?

• i dont know much about Vargas..someone here wrote that she was jumping better before her injury...if she manages to fully recover from the effects of her injury then she may be as effective as Egonu in the future

btw..im confused about which setter likes to set to her OPP more : Maja or Ana or Bojana?? .lol

• i hope Nilüfer B can benefit from its foreigners two days later in Round 2..THY - Nilüfer match can be good

also, i wonder what the American players of Beylikdüzü can do against Fener.im already wondering about Vargas perf. in that match.

lets see who Guidetti will field against Beşiktaş ? same lineup as against Karayolları or the heavy weapons ?

Karayolları - Galatasaray could be interesting too.Galatasaray is not %100 ready like the others either..i expect a better management by Karayollar's coach unlike Round 1

You "forgot" the game between Aydin and Canakkale. I did not watch any of the teams in the first round but on paper Aydin looks stronger to me.

• You "forgot" the game between Aydin and Canakkale. I did not watch any of the teams in the first round but on paper Aydin looks stronger to me.

Çanakkale has only one foreigner ..as for good locals they have OH Birgül,setter Cansu and Vakıf's ex-player Melis Durul ..i dont expect a competitive match due to their relatively weak roster..thats why i didnt mention that match

• btw..im confused about which setter likes to set to her OPP more : Maja or Ana or Bojana?? .lol

Bojana is the only one who truly depends on dominant spikers to an unhealthy degree, because she is an uninspiring, workmanlike setter (in contrast to Maja's genius and virtuosity, and Ana who is something in between those two, though more leaning towards Bojana's end of spectrum as years go by and injuries pile up).

And the reason USAvolleyfan dragged Maja into the conversation (which in turn forced Joana to drag Bojana) is because he/she is a huge fan of Ana, and judging by his/her posting history, seems to me more than a little sore that Ana has spent all her career in Maja's (considerable) shadow. This is not the first time I have seen USAvolleyfan defend a perceived flaw in Ana's game by pointing out that supposedly Maja is no better at it (or even worse). And he/she has been wrong almost every time.

• Seems Nilufer will be once again without their foreigners, so THY has big advantage to get first points in the league.

On the other side, doubt Galatasaray will not win their game and register another 3pts .

Besiktas-Vakif depends on the situation of Zhu imo and if she will play. If she gets chance, i don't see some chances for Besiktas to be honest.

Beylikduzu is my surprise for sure in this midweek schedule as i don't think that Fenerbahce will get clear win and Beylikduzu is able to make the surprise of the week.

Aydin is stronger with their foreigners and i don't see Canakkale to get even 1 point from the clash.

Eczacibasi is clear 3-0 win, so not needed to speak more about this game.

• Bjk - VB = Zhu factor will be decisive, I dont know if she will play or not. Beylikdüzü - FB will be match of the round imo or at least can be or FB will kill them from reception line. (I wish the latter was broadcasted instead of VB and BJk again)

• well,

THY - Nilüfer : 3-0 (if Nilüfer plays without its foreigners)

Karayolları - Galatasaray : 2-3

Beşiktaş - Vakıfbank : 1-3

Beylikdüzü - Fenerbahçe : 2-3

Çanakkale - Aydın : 0-3

Eczacıbaşı - Halkbank : 3-0

• :aww:

• Bojana is the only one who truly depends on dominant spikers to an unhealthy degree, because she is an uninspiring, workmanlike setter (in contrast to Maja's genius and virtuosity, and Ana who is something in between those two, though more leaning towards Bojana's end of spectrum as years go by and injuries pile up).

And the reason USAvolleyfan dragged Maja into the conversation (which in turn forced Joana to drag Bojana) is because he/she is a huge fan of Ana, and judging by his/her posting history, seems to me more than a little sore that Ana has spent all her career in Maja's (considerable) shadow. This is not the first time I have seen USAvolleyfan defend a perceived flaw in Ana's game by pointing out that supposedly Maja is no better at it (or even worse). And he/she has been wrong almost every time.

Bojana is not my fav. setter and agree with most of what you said on her however she made her team the european champion.that's where i feel i should give the credit to her.