Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• btw I notice Lauren Gibbemeyer looks really nervous and shaky so far in Eczaci , I can see she feels like she needs to prove herself more in this all star squad but I don't think such pressure is going to help her game at all...

Anyone else noticed?

Well, she knows that she is 4th best foreigner in a club which can only play 3 of them at a time, and in a club which has 2 solid domestic MBs (you can argue Beyza is more than solid), as well. Of course she feels pressure to prove that she deserves playing time

• I agree btw that Gala vs Besiktas seems to be more balanced than the bookies suggest, however Olesia Rykhliuk appears for me to be somewhat of a question mark for them right now. Her opening of the season has really been below par both in the relative and absolute sense. If she can regain some of her normal shape, I like their chances though.

• I agree that Rykhliuk had very bad couple of games to start a season. She was, by far, the best scorer in the league last season, averaging a whooping 21 points per game! It seemed like there wasn't a single game where she scored less than 15 all season long, and now she scored 10 and 8, respectively, in the first two games.

Then again, it was against 2 of the 3 best teams in the league, in comprehensive straight set losses, so it could be an an aberration.

• Well, she knows that she is 4th best foreigner in a club which can only play 3 of them at a time, and in a club which has 2 solid domestic MBs (you can argue Beyza is more than solid), as well. Of course she feels pressure to prove that she deserves playing time

I think that is just how she looks all the time. If you haven’t watched her over the years you would think that.

• Much money is pouring in on Fenerbahce right now though, during the last hours or so. When StefanS wrote them down some hours ago the odds on Fener was - as he wrote - 1.30, but now they are down to 1.20 or even a bit less pretty much everywhere. The price on Fener on the other hand has been bosted from about 3.3 to 4.0, a significant rise in such a short period of time.

Of course, quotes are matter to change. And Turkish league is one of most bettet for sure...

• I think that is just how she looks all the time. If you haven’t watched her over the years you would think that.

Agree with this. She is so quick in block and hope she gets to show us her normal performance. In attacking, it is clear Gamze and other players couldn’t find their rythm yet. She doesn’t play with MBs much and you can see timing is not working either. I like Gibby and hope she will show how fighter she is.

• Agree with this. She is so quick in block and hope she gets to show us her normal performance. In attacking, it is clear Gamze and other players couldn’t find their rythm yet. She doesn’t play with MBs much and you can see timing is not working either. I like Gibby and hope she will show how fighter she is.

True! I also noticed that Gamze and the other players didn't find their rhythm yet, especially with their middle blockers. I find Ezgi to be a much stable setter and she has better sets to the wings too... but then again, I do understand Motta will want to use Gamze as their starting member.

• I'm not sure about Leys tbh, her offense is non existant but her reception is not as stabile as normal either... I also noticed that last season in Bursa!