Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• A dumb mistake cost the game. Gala choked again in clutch time.

Fener's libero sucked too. They are lucky to have Vargas to make up for the bad reception.

The referee is one of the worst referees I've ever seen. Too many amateur ball calls on both side.

• What happened to Bricio? She played much better earlier in the season.:gone:

Conversely, Vargas has not played quite this dominant in the first month or two. She seems to play better as the season progresses.:obey:

Anyway, another close match lost by Gala against the Big 3. There's a hard cap when your best player is Hande, and it shows.

• A dumb mistake cost the game. Gala choked again in clutch time.

Fener's libero sucked too. They are lucky to have Vargas to make up for the bad reception.

The referee is one of the worst referees I've ever seen. Too many amateur ball calls on both side.

I really don’t understand why Merve is playing in this team at the first place. If you want to your team to success, Merve can’t be your libero. Melis was simply bad in Vakif match as most of their players were why just give up on her and let Merve play?

• Karakurt came in for Zhu the second set as an receiving outside hitter. So far I'm impressed by her receiving! I think they should try this more often, in this way Zhu can get some rest and Karakurt can gain more experience and improve her reception.

• Zhu won't be back next year (according to a reliable source) and I think Guidetti has this idea to replace her with Ebrar...which won't work.

Any normal individual would keep Ebrar at opposite and transfer a world-class OH...

But no, Guidetti transfered Haak and now wants Ebrar to be an OH...

Same thing happened with Hande, Eczacı transfered Boskovic and wanted her to play as OH even if the NT desperately needed an opposite...

Will Guidetti use NT to save Vakıfbank's next season, will Ebrar play as OH in the summer?

I think my stomach wont be able to take that..

• Let's face it, nothing will be the same after Zhu leaves, especially since Lonneke is also certainly going. Doesn't matter who Vakif brings, the team is guaranteed to be weaker in 2019/2020 than in the last 2 years. There will be NO sweeping competitions. The only question is by how much.

If both Boskovic and KYK remain in ECZ for the next year, there are 2 options:

1)Quite a lot, but it can still potentially "steal" one of 2 domestic competitions (I don't count Supercup)

2)Extremely so, no chance for any trophy

If, for the sake of going for the option #1, he gambles with the future of Turkish NT (as seems possible, and indeed, likely, given Haak's signing), he will have sent a clear and unambiguous signal that, of the 2 jobs he has, he prefers his club gig, and for that, he would deserve to get fired from the NT (presumably the money the Federation pays him is no less "green", as the saying goes).

Not that he will be, even if Turkey does nothing in the next few years, but that's a topic for another day.

• as i said before Vakıf can't replace Zhu..however they still can keep winning titles

how ?

firstly, Zhu shouldnt go to one of Vakıf's direct opponents such as : Eczacı, Conegliano,Novara,Fener,Scandicci etc..

secondly, Vakıf should sign right players with right system

they had won CL before Zhu Ting they still can after Zhu

i know nobody can replace Zhu amonsgt the current best players (Best OHs)

i dont know how Ebrar can play OH..she is a tall girl..she will have to receive and defend on a good level..

i hope Guidetti knows what he wants to do

i mean she is an OPP....forcing her to play OH?? no idea

• I don't understand why everyone is so much against Ebrar as OH, many current world-class Opps have spend seasons as OH also. I mean she is 18 y/o we can't say for sure if she can or can't receive (Mihajlovic style) long term only based on her height, other then that an offensive OH is what we lacked most last season with NT so...! Of course Guidetti will give it a try, I don't know if you guys noticed but these days our OH options are truly terrible. I expect all players of last NT season to rejoin however literally every single one of them show bad/worse perf. or are benched except Zehra/Cansu which neither of is a wing.

• Im a bit sceptical to make ebrar as opp, she has so much potential to be one of the best opps if she can keep improving, I don't want her to end up an average offensive oh. Also it is not like we have 3 great opposites waiting in the line for the nt. I'd rather play with Meliha and seyma to keep a balanced reception&defense line and use MBs & opp for scoring. Both Eda and zehra are capable of scoring a lot. And ebrar is a player who plays even better when she gets more sets. In the case that she struggles we would have hande as opp sub.

There have been many cases of young promising opps was forced to play as opp and they failed (smarzek, egonu, fabris). I think guidetti should focus on her development as an opp