Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• I think what guidetti does now are make full use of turkish players.we all know turkish oh and op are not so good compared to strong team. you can say they are tanlented,but not good enough for some teams.hande receive badly but erbar has a potential to receive good and also can hit some balls. Gui wants to train erbar to be a mixed of ohs and ops.just like Zhang or Zhu in chinese team. It is not a bad desicion.because coaches should make full use what they have. miliha and other ohs can receive well but the attack power is not enough. if turkey wants to attend in 2020og,they must beat china in group match this year or beat nerthland or Italy in eourpean matches.every team in not bad.i dont think they can beat China this year .so they should build their system to beat eourpean teams. anyway,i dont think its a bad idea to make erbar as a mixture of oh and op.she is tanlented .if she can receive some balls ,team turkey can make more tactics.

• congrats to Nilüfer! they won coming back from 0-2

i like Bailey but im not sure about Bystenko..she should play better than that as the opp of her team

Lazic is better compared to the beginning of the season

Nilüfer's setter is interesting : young and tall..i wonder how she can improve in the future..i hope she can in a good way

Nilüfer's Mb Selin was useful

Bejiktaş's main weapon Olesia couldnt contribute that well in the tie break..the other players in the team cant contribute well enough..Ceren adn Mia should play better..MB Dilara was useful.

Beşiktaş was 2-0 adn leading 22-19 in the third set and could have won 3-0 but they rejected winning 3-0..lol

• I am on mobile so I can’t put links but looks like Turkish players like Fulden Ural, Ceyda Ulukan, Burcu Tutku Yuzgenc have left Halkbank. Fulden and Ceyda will be playing for Aydin. Burcu for PT

do you know about the reasons? economic or some other reasons ? Fulden was always playing as starter

• Round 16 , Results :

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video
    Galatasaray Hdi Sigorta
    2-3
    Fenerbahçe Opet
    25-27
    15-25
    25-23
    25-20
    13-15
    Stats
    Video
    THY
    0-3
    Eczacıbaşı Vitra
    10-25
    15-25
    19-25

Stats

Vakıfbank
    3-1
    Aydın BBLD
    25-22
    25-14
    23-25
    25-11

Stats

Çanakkale BLD
    1-3
    Kameroğlu Beylikdüzü VI
    23-25
    13-25
    31-29
    15-25

Stats

Karayolları
    3-2
    Halkbank
    16-25
    27-25
    22-25
    25-18
    15-11

Stats

Beşiktaş
    2-3
    Nilüfer BLD
    25-23
    25-15
    25-27
    15-25
    8-15
    Stats
    Video
  • Standings After Round 16 :

TEAM

PTS MP
    MW ML SW SL YTP
    1. ECZACIBAŞI VITRA
    49,3 16 16 0 48 6 2,3
    2. VAKIFBANK 44,44 16 15 1 46 11 2,44
    3. FENERBAHÇE OPET
    35,32 16 11 5 37 20 2,32
    4. GALATASARAY HDI SIGORTA 31,34 16 9 7 34 24 2,34
    5. BEŞİKTAŞ 25,46 16 7 9 30 32 1,46
    6. NILÜFER BLD
    23,46 16 9 7 30 33 1,46
    7. THY 23,3 16 8 8 25 30 0,3
    8. KAMEROĞLU BEYLİKDÜZÜ VI 22,06 16 7 9 26 33 1,06
    9. KARAYOLLARI 19,5 16 6 10 26 38 1,5
    10. AYDIN BBLD 17,3 16 5 11 25 35 0,3
    11. ÇANAKKALE BLD
    10,52 16 3 13 16 42 0,52
    12. HALKBANK 4,08 16 0 16 9 48 2,08
  • Round 17 , Schedule :

18:30 Eczacıbaşı V - Çanakkale B

14:00 Fenerbahçe O - THY TRT Spor

15:00 Aydın BB - Galatasaray HS

16:00 Halkbank - Beşiktaş

16:00 K Beylikdüzü VI - Karayolları

17:30 Nilüfer B - Vakıfbank

• top 5 blockers of VVSL according to the accumulated stats so far :

1.Milena Raşiç from Vakıf (39 blocks) >ranking index : 0,673

2.Eda Erdem Dündar from Fener (43 blocks) > ranking index : 0,648

3. Aslı Kalaç from Galatasaray (41 blocks) > ranking index : 0,634

4. Zehra Güneş from Vakıf ( 32 blocks) > ranking index : 0,591

5. Sabriye Gönül Kırmaz from Beylikdüzü ( 29 blocks) >ranking index : 0,577

Both Vakıf's MBs are in the top 5

i wish Aslı Kalaç had a better swing..she has a weird approach..i cant get how the setter can set to her with such a weird approach..its also weird her coaches havent helped her improve her approach. yet she is a good blocker with such a short height ;)

as i told before, Sabriye is a quiet but useful MB for Beylikdüzü..another MB of Beylikdüzü Ergül Eroğlu comes after her as 6th

some MBs who have had many blocks so far :

Özgenur Yurdagülen with 40 blocks is 7th, Yvon Belien with 37 blocks is 9th, Hristina Ruseva with 42 blocks is 10th, Yasemin Güveli with 41 blocks is 12th , Dominika Sobolska with 40 blocks is 13 th, janset Cemre Erkul with 33 blocks is 21th

• Great observation.....If Zhu was going to any of these teams it would be one thing...but just like u said this is not the case. Zhu is being very nice and going back to China so she won`t be on Vakifbank`s way LOL....

now for example.....Haak leaving Scandicci and heading to Vakifbank is a huge loss for them...not only she`s leaving but she`s going to one of their main rivals.

• Canter, I don't agree about Asli's swing being wrong. I actually find MBs like Ruseva being difficult to set. Asli has a very quick approach in attacking and she is present on the air when setter has the ball (1st tempo). Besides, she fixes a lot of bad sets in an efficient way. On the other hand MBs like Ruseva has a very slow approach, which leaves it to setter's judgement every time (2nd tempo). This has also bad consequences like opponent MBs have the time to set a consistent block both against a slow MB and then go easily to edges to block spikers. I remember Ataman was very pissed once to Ruseva for that since she was going to attacking as if we she was on a picnic :D

More experienced users can correct me on this of course.

• a very quick approach in attacking and she is present on the air when setter has the ball (1st tempo). ... a very slow approach, which leaves it to setter's judgement every time (2nd tempo).

Cool. I didn't know there were official names for such. I call 1st Tempo a HULK SMASH and 2nd Tempo foreign middle blocker dork timing

• Meatballs ,

Aslı can be quick but i dont like her positioning in front of the net( seems pretty close to the net) which reminds me of Bahar Toksoy's early times and Bahar has already fixed it.she (Aslı) tries to attacks generally lower balls and that makes it seem weird.this could be the setter's fault too (she is fast but maybe the sets she gets could be superb fast..lol)

Aslı may be using those bad sets well but i havent seen her hitting a ball hard down the line many times..mainly tips or softer attacks or angles etc. rarely tough spikes by her

maybe this is because she isnt tall i or being a quick player doesnt allow her to have a better connection with her setters or she hasnt still met the setter of her life who can make life easier for her but e.g. MB Carol is also as short as Aslı but Carol has a better approach and can hammer the balls while attacking on zone 3...could Aslı play as slider ? maybe she can feel better at it

• Meatballs ,

Aslı can be quick but i dont like her positioning in front of the net( seems pretty close to the net) which reminds me of Bahar Toksoy's early times and Bahar has already fixed it.she (Aslı) tries to attacks generally lower balls and that makes it seem weird.this could be the setter's fault too (she is fast but maybe the sets she gets could be superb fast..lol)

Aslı may be using those bad sets well but i havent seen her hitting a ball hard down the line many times..mainly tips or softer attacks or angles etc. rarely tough spikes by her

maybe this is because she isnt tall i or being a quick player doesnt allow her to have a better connection with her setters or she hasnt still met the setter of her life who can make life easier for her but e.g. MB Carol is also as short as Aslı but Carol has a better approach and can hammer the balls while attacking on zone 3...could Aslı play as slider ? maybe she can feel better at it

I saw her as slider in some positions and it looks weird, i don’t think it suits her and she doesn’t seem comfortable with it. She can be a useful player from time to time but it is like you have to wait for her to be on her day which does not happen so often. As a short MB, she has to be good at every element of the game, she needs to be stable. When she is very good in her terms, it is just good for a MB. Not like she is a beast.

She goes and serves very efficiently one game and next 5 games she misses her every serve.

• I saw her as slider in some positions and it looks weird, i don’t think it suits her and she doesn’t seem comfortable with it. She can be a useful player from time to time but it is like you have to wait for her to be on her day which does not happen so often. As a short MB, she has to be good at every element of the game, she needs to be stable. When she is very good in her terms, it is just good for a MB. Not like she is a beast.

She goes and serves very efficiently one game and next 5 games she misses her every serve.

i agree with you..still i appreciate her being one of the best blockers in the league amongst many good tall MBs