Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• I heard in a podcast Leys earns 200.000 EUR in a year from Galatasaray. I mean, really? The guy in the podcast is very close to Galatasaray, not only for volleyball so it would be true.

:aww: you are so right about GS should have done everything to transfer Maret in their team, the thought of Leys possibly making more then Egonu would make me sick tbh :mad:GS' even struggles receiving at times this season when Leys-Cansu are on court...

• Remember, that all four top teams from Istanbul pay salaries beyond imagination for example of German league (VBL) roster players. And on the other hand, there is a not too small number of players in these best Turkish teams earning about 1 million Euro per season or more, with Zhu Ting on top with 1.7 million Euro.

• I heard in a podcast Leys earns 200.000 EUR in a year from Galatasaray. I mean, really? The guy in the podcast is very close to Galatasaray, not only for volleyball so it would be true.

That's correct information, Leys is indeed an expensive player for what she delivers. As far as I know, Maret plays for less money. But Ataman prefers Leys. I think his plans were to transfer Leys already last season instead of Rabadzhieva and I am sure he regretted transferring Rabadzhieva the whole season and that's why Leys is back. I think she had a bad start to the season but her performance is getting better and better. She also does a very good in backrow in defense which is not easy to watch and most importantly she is acting both like a captain and being very ambitious. Rabadzhieva looked like she did not care at all last season lol

• Gala beat Nilüfer : 3-1

Nilüfer's MB Özgenur 's lateral movement is quite fast in going for a block. better teams than Nilüfer could consider her for next season. MBs having fast legs are pretty important in volleyball

i like MB jackson..she can ascend out of nowhere going for a slide..if she were a good blocker she would be playing in the Usa NT now

• Gala beat Nilüfer : 3-1

Nilüfer's MB Özgenur 's lateral movement is quite fast in going for a block. better teams than Nilüfer could consider her for next season. MBs having fast legs are pretty important in volleyball

i like MB jackson..she can ascend out of nowhere going for a slide..if she were a good blocker she would be playing in the Usa NT now

3rd set was 25:9 for Gala. This is something I really can‘t accept in such a league as the Turkish league. Seriously not even getting to double diggets is embarrassing for any team in the league.

• 3rd set was 25:9 for Gala. This is something I really can‘t accept in such a league as the Turkish league. Seriously not even getting to double diggets is embarrassing for any team in the league.

actually it happens even world's best national teams can lose a set like 25-10 etc..it isnt supposed to happen but it happens

• For me Vargas at this time by a margin. But Haak will work in VB! She will improve greatly there

For sure there is no margin to talk about here. They are very close in terms of level for the moment, at least if we strive to settle the issue based on some objective variables rather than post-modern subjectivism inspired by Derrida or Lacan. Just look at respective players stats in the current CL-season. Each player has accomplished four games behind them, and their all-in-all stats out of these are highly tied-up in the most relevent categories given their position. Haak has scored more than Vargas, both in absolute terms and relative terms, with 100 points and 7,14 pts/set in comparision to 88 pts and 6,77 pts/set for Vargas, and she has a slightly, albeit of an admittingly insignificant margin, better ratio of killed balls or spike percentage (51,2% to 51,06%) than the Cuban as well. I know, four games are not that great of a sample to be fair, but its the only relevant sample we have to go at for the moment against similar quality of opposition.

• YavorD, why are you deleting beri’s posts yet you allow akito’s post to stand, which is a rude, personal attack???????

Don't worry lol it is ok we are used to being silenced. Apparently it is off-topic of me to give a critical opinion about a relevant subject but aktiokti calling me piece of sh and racist as someone they know nothing about based on 1 post is completely something respectfull and on-topic... Apparently :whistle::gone:

• For sure there is no margin to talk about here. They are very close in terms of level for the moment, at least if we strive to settle the issue based on some objective variables rather than post-modern subjectivism inspired by Derrida or Lacan. Just look at respective players stats in the current CL-season. Each player has accomplished four games behind them, and their all-in-all stats out of these are highly tied-up in the most relevent categories given their position. Haak has scored more than Vargas, both in absolute terms and relative terms, with 100 points and 7,14 pts/set in comparision to 88 pts and 6,77 pts/set for Vargas, and she has a slightly, albeit of an admittingly insignificant margin, better ratio of killed balls or spike percentage (51,2% to 51,06%) than the Cuban as well. I know, four games are not that great of a sample to be fair, but its the only relevant sample we have to go at for the moment against similar quality of opposition.

It is my opinion and its not based on stats, it is based on what I have seen of them when they were younger and currently, Vargas spikes much better out of system sets and bad sets also imo while Haak tips a lot more. As I said Haak in VB might be something completely different though so I can't say about the future, sure both are huge talents.

• Aydin gets the point but FB is too strong in the tiebreaker.

Aydin 2-3 Fenerbahçe (19-25, 25-17, 12-25, 28-26, 9-15)

Melissa Vargas with 33 points. Dicle Nur Babat is also doing a decent job lately, has more impact then Bahar usually. 11 points 3 aces and a block of them. Aydin should play with Fulden Ural as starter instead of 1 dominican imo.

• Mia Jerkov 3/23 13% :rolll::rolll::rolll: but I'm sure she got angry at Rykhliuk or something for losing the match as she had 31 points :P classic Mia

Why Beliën didnt play for BJK?

• Why Beliën didnt play for BJK?

She has a stress fracture in her leg. She already missed a number of matches.

• Ebrar played as OH also new transfer Di Lulio too..Both played very well..what is more interesting is that Ebrar's passing stats slightly better than Di lulio though Ebrar received many more balls than Di Lulio did :rolll:

on the other hand i dont like to jump into big conclusion just bcz Ebrar played two good matches as OH..its not that the NT has finally found the OH it had been looking for ...i must admit that these stats have surprised me :thumbup: