Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• the league is kinda unpredictable at times..lol

i didnt expect Aydın which had played badly recently,would get two sets from Fener...lol..Aydın lacks a real scorer for this kind of matches..the best scorer of them had 18 points in a 5-set match

Eda didnt play against Aydın...why ?

• Beşiktaş lost to Beylikdüzü...i had predicted a tie break but i thought Beşiktaş would win..

Especially MB Ergül Eroğlu played a real solid game : 13 points (% 76) + 6 blocks= 19 points

in Beşiktaş..there arent many players who can help Olesia consistently...Olesia had 35 pts and the second best scorer is Humay with 7 points..

on the other hand Beylikdüzü has OH Lee who can support OPP Drews and Mbs can contribute at times.

• It is my opinion and its not based on stats, it is based on what I have seen of them when they were younger and currently, Vargas spikes much better out of system sets and bad sets also imo while Haak tips a lot more. As I said Haak in VB might be something completely different though so I can't say about the future, sure both are huge talents.

I get what you mean, but just because I for example prefer the playing style of Zhu Ting over Boskovic´s doesnt necessarily imply I favour her as a better player as well, its two different things of course. You might dispraise players who regulary do "tips" but still acknowledge Gamova, who did it frequently, as the best opposite ever at the same time without being contradictory. Personal preference with regard to the form shouldnt affect how you objectively assess the players in terms of actual content. Cubans and Russians rarely tips at all, which in turn in such case makes them advantageous by default over, lets say, more technical players from Brazil or Germany. The players from beforementioned countries are relatively one-dimensional players with primitive playing styles, and to praise that as an actual strength seems a bit like "mind fuck" to me.

• I like the reference to Derrida and Lacan :rolll:

• actually I like players who do tips lmao I mean I don't get what you're trying to argue with me? She is the better player TO ME. I loved some of Haak's tips in CL but in Italian league and in general I did not like her tips, it was not Gamova style.

Also sometimes when she can't score she reminds me of Meryem Boz when she can't score xD (exaggeration so don't get wild for a joke)

For sure Haak is a great player, but I am just giving my personal opinion on what I think of their strength currently which you can do also about yours but I have no clue why I'm specifically being mentioned lol

• Even without Zhu, Rasic and Robinson, Zehra, Halkbank played horribly. Their poor reception, short of fighting spirit and careless unforced errors made this game boring as hell. Vakif's new Italian OH was not bad. Her reception is solid. She even could do a jump serve.

• Even without Zhu, Rasic and Robinson, Zehra, Halkbank played horribly. Their poor reception, short of fighting spirit and careless unforced errors made this game boring as hell. Vakif's new Italian OH was not bad. Her reception is solid. She even could do a jump serve.

I can't even imagine their reception now that Fulden Ural (their all around/defensive OH) and Derya Çayirgan (their libero) left the team mid-season XD it sure must have been... Something.

I don't blame them for ditching the team tbh, they are good players and don't need to play in a team with such terrible management. Let them play with a random foreigner/completely random back up locals it s their fault. Halkbank is basically already in div 2.

• actually I like players who do tips lmao I mean I don't get what you're trying to argue with me? She is the better player TO ME. I loved some of Haak's tips in CL but in Italian league and in general I did not like her tips, it was not Gamova style.

Also sometimes when she can't score she reminds me of Meryem Boz when she can't score xD (exaggeration so don't get wild for a joke)

For sure Haak is a great player, but I am just giving my personal opinion on what I think of their strength currently which you can do also about yours but I have no clue why I'm specifically being mentioned lol

I am not sold on your argumentations or conclusions either, but have to respect them. Sure, Haak is a streaky player, this is something I dont like with her either, although its to be expected from a teenager of course. Besides, Vargas isnt that different from what I´ve seen. I´ve only watched her play in the domestic league like 3-4 times and thus not really able to tell for sure, but I remember she used to get blocked tons of times in those matches. Against Besiktas she was blocked like 6-7 times just in one set if I recall properly. I like her, she is a top notch prospect and already an elite player on world level, but her game to me is predictible and a bit "wild" or risky/over-aggressive. I cannot say whether she has continued to get blocked down this often or not but in case it has continued, I would stick with Haak over her if I had to pick one. But as I said before, judging out of pure numbers there´s no wide margin between the two objectively and highly boils down to subjective preference.

• Round 18 , Results :

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video
    Galatasaray Hdi Sigorta
    3-1
    Nilüfer BLD
    25-21
    20-25
    25-9
    25-15

Stats

Beşiktaş
    2-3
    Kameroğlu Beylikdüzü VI
    25-21
    17-25
    25-23
    18-25
    11-15
    Stats

Vakıfbank
    3-0
    Halkbank
    25-19
    25-16
    25-16

Stats
    Video
    Aydın BBLD
    2-3
    Fenerbahçe Opet
    19-25
    25-17
    12-25
    28-26
    9-15
    Stats

Karayolları
    0-3
    Eczacıbaşı Vitra
    16-25
    14-25
    22-25

Stats
    Video
    Çanakkale BLD
    0-3
    THY
    21-25
    22-25
    17-25

Stats

• Standings After Round 18 :

TEAM

PTS MP
    MW ML SW SL YTP
    1. ECZACIBAŞI VITRA
    55,3 18 18 0 54 6 2,3
    2. VAKIFBANK 50,44 18 17 1 52 11 2,44
    3. FENERBAHÇE OPET
    40,32 18 13 5 43 22 2,32
    4. GALATASARAY HDI SIGORTA 37,34 18 11 7 40 26 2,34
    5. BEŞİKTAŞ 29,46 18 8 10 35 36 1,46
    6. KAMEROĞLU BEYLİKDÜZÜ VI 27,06 18 9 9 32 36 1,06
    7. THY 26,3 18 9 9 28 33 0,3
    8. NILÜFER BLD
    23,46 18 9 9 31 39 1,46
    9. KARAYOLLARI 19,5 18 6 12 27 44 1,5
    10. AYDIN BBLD 18,3 18 5 13 28 41 0,3
    11. ÇANAKKALE BLD
    10,52 18 3 15 16 48 0,52
    12. HALKBANK 4,08 18 0 18 10 54 2,08
  • Round 19 , Schedule :

14:00 Halkbank - Galatasaray HS

15:00 Fenerbahçe O - Çanakkale B

16:00 K Beylikdüzü VI - Vakıfbank

17:00 Eczacıbaşı V - Beşiktaş TRT Spor

17:30 Nilüfer B - Aydın BB

17:30 THY - Karayolları

• HALKBANK 0-18 meet PFU 0-18 :rolll:

• Stats aren't objective. They're just text. The most Derrida thing of all :teach: A lot of folks give them subjective (money ball) value instead of only using them to support a narrative they've already chosen, like I do :lol: Objective, experiential reality is watching how players behave on court.

just funning with you hakin12 :drink: Those were my boys, back in the day

• Stats aren't objective. They're just text. The most Derrida thing of all :teach: A lot of folks give them subjective (money ball) value instead of only using them to support a narrative they've already chosen, like I do :lol: Objective, experiential reality is watching how players behave on court.

just funning with you hakin12 :drink: Those were my boys, back in the day

I know that everything is up for interpretation according to this line of thought, but all I wanted to assert is that I dont agree with it myself, perhaps should have been clearer.

• I like what Guidetti is trying actually. Ebrar looks so ambitious and mentally strong that she can actually learn to be a solid OH. This way Hande can play opposite in the national team and when Ebrar fails in receiving, Hande can receive from that side which she seems to do better. A very good plan for the NT. Moreover, it looks almost certain that Zhu is leaving and Haak is in Vakifbank, meaning he has to find a good local Turkish OH and looks like he does not want to leave Ebrar waiting behind Haak a whole season. Di Iulio proved me wrong, looks like she will be a useful player and transfer.

For FB, I don't wanna get bashed but I really don't like their game at all. They solely rely on Vargas who had bad injuries in past and Ana is overusing her. If Vargas gets injured and closes the season, FB might even lose in quarters to teams like Nilufer or Besiktas. Ana is probably one of the worst performing transfers of this season in the league, nothing special with her game, she keeps forgetting Bricio who is a good attacker. Her connection with Eda is a mess. Their receiving, defense and block is still not settled. In a bad period when their serves are not functioning as it usually does, they will be in serious trouble again. Their major problem right now looks like the number of errors.

• I go away for a couple of months and this thread has evolved first into an argument about hijabs and now into a debate about post-structural theory? WTF I didn't expect this. Never change guys. :lol:

• welcome back!

Thank you! I'm still a bit busy so might not be able to watch too much volleyball for a couple of weeks but I'll try to watch and comment in here when I have the chance.