Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• For FB, I don't wanna get bashed but I really don't like their game at all. They solely rely on Vargas who had bad injuries in past and Ana is overusing her. If Vargas gets injured and closes the season, FB might even lose in quarters to teams like Nilufer or Besiktas. Ana is probably one of the worst performing transfers of this season in the league, nothing special with her game, she keeps forgetting Bricio who is a good attacker. Her connection with Eda is a mess. Their receiving, defense and block is still not settled. In a bad period when their serves are not functioning as it usually does, they will be in serious trouble again. Their major problem right now looks like the number of errors.

I`m sorry but none of this is accurate at all.

Vargas injuries?? As far as I know she only had a shoulder injury...and so what? She`s back and fully recovered, do you want Anna to give her a break because of that?? OH PLEASE>>>>....Vasileva just had a shoulder injury and she`s on the court....This is the first time I heard a setter should not overuse a player because of past injuries...this is not Anna`s job....if a player is on the court if because they can play.

And what overuse r u talking about? She`s getting more sets than Bricio as she should...MOSTLY important I checked almost every stat and Vargas is getting around only 10+ sets over Bricio..... This is not overuse....And Vargas is hitting with a incredible high %....if she was hitting low like 30% then you could say something is not right, like Haak for example...but this is not the case.....She`s killing everything she gets because she`s not being overused. Bricio herself is not dominant as she was in Italy....I don`t know if there`s anything to do with the ball...but still....

You just forgot to mention Fener biggest problem...and that is Fatma and with Bricio their reception is a nightmare... awful. The connection with Eda is not bad....she`s simply not getting enough sets because Anna can`t set her more with bad reception....Anna still tries to force some balls in the middle. The libero also is weak.

Fatma can`t score....her hitting % is super low....so Anna must avoid setting her when she`s front row and she`s forced to either set Bricio from the back or backset Vargas....Fatma does not have what it takes to play for a top team.....She was the reason why her team lost in the playoffs last season.....She`s way worse than Leys.....And again if she can`t score that would not be so bad, but her reception is weak That`s why Terzic already started with Rabadzhieva in CL...and they looked much better...In any case Terzic would have to bench Anna and start with Rabadzhieva because Fatma can`t play against the top teams....I mean she can`t even score against the lower ranked ones.

I already mentioned this before.... Terzic is trying same game he does with the Serbian NT.....only problem here is that Fatma is even worse than Busa-Malesevic....she simply can`t cover Bricio...in fact she can`t even cover herself. And Bricio is not Mihajlovic.

So....when top teams smash lower ranked one the league sucks and is boring???? But when the top teams struggles against them we say the players from the top teams are bad??...

I think it is great Fener and Gala r struggling... it shows the level of the League....If they would be winning against everyone in 3 every time would be so boring....

• Ana has already passed her prime after so many serious injuries. She is delivering what is expected from her, back up setter Sila Caliskan is not a bad setter, terzic should use her and Rabadzhieva for the rest of season. By the way, I agree that Fatma is a very bad receiver for a 'defensive' OH. She is always perceived as a good receiver because she is short but indeed she is not a good receiver at all😱

• I remember it wrong then! I was sure Vargas also had a knee injury in the past. I just checked the FB's team stats and Vargas attacked 702 times while closest one is Bricio with 461 times and then Fatma with 208 times. Overusing a player can cause injuries indeed but that's not my concern, Terzic should think of it.

I don't agree on Fatma. She did a great job in the first half, her attacking stats were not bad either. Their main problem is their liberos who are both receiving and defending bad. Having a line up like Fatma-Melis(Merve)-Bricio of course make it difficult to receive.

I agree on Serdar, Ana made me so excited in the beginning of the season but she is not doing anything better than other local setters like Gamze Alikaya. Terzic would not deny this since he was the one who sent her home and invited Maja last summer in the last minute. I don't get it why he picked her for his club team though.

• I don't get it why he picked her for his club team though.

That was before her mediocre performances in VNL and all the supposed drama with Maja's comeback, though.

She used to be one of the world's best setters, obviously she's not on that level anymore, but I don't think she's doing terribly either. There are only a handful of setters out there who would do a significantly better job. And I certainly don't think she's overusing Vargas, a dominant OPP like her will always get the most sets, her attack percentage is extremely high and it makes perfect sense. Besides, Bricio gets her fair share of sets, too, so it's hardly like when Novara turns into Novonu. Her connection with Eda is iffy on occasion, but for some reason she seems to work very well with Nur Babat.

I agree that Fatma had a really good start to the season, but she's fading away badly lately and it's becoming a problem to the team.

But I think Fenerbahce's biggest problem in general is their tendency to choke and crack under pressure.

• JoanaBG, I really really loved Ana in her Cannes times and I was actually sad GS could not transfer her and she went to FB, however I was expecting to watch her fast sets and using middles more often. Of course FBs receiving is shaky but when you have an MB like Eda, I don't like this game where almost %40 of sets going to one player, I might be wrong, but this is not the Ana I liked to watch and as a spectator, I am dissapointed.

That might be also because we watched a similar FB last year with Tomkom and she simply made her middles shine, Diclenur was indeed having a great season in attacking with her. They had a dominant opposite like Rahimova but I don't remember her getting so many sets.

Anyway, my point was, if you simply pull Vargas of this team for 2 months, their whole system will collapse. Of course Vargas is deserving a big applaud, getting all those sets and still having such high efficiencies in killing them. To me, she is probably the best transfer of the league right now.

• Why can not we just focus on volleyball? Don't stir the pot with politics/religion topics.

• Merve Atlier is btw tall, looks athletic and is just 18 years old. Same generation as Ebrar and I remember she was quite reliable in youth level also. If I was EczV I would start with Lauren Gibbemeyer + Merve Atlier as MB duos as tbh I don't think the other two locals are much of use these days and don't make a difference anyways...

• Maybe you need to take your advice and shut the fuck up. Go back to the original post and read it again.

I think you maybe slightly misunderstood, though beri did try to clear this up with her second post.

What I think she meant is that a religion that forces women to do certain things is treating them like 2nd class citizens, she never actually said that she personally believes they are that, just that they are treated that way and in her opinion they shouldn’t settle for that. I really don’t think she meant anything offensive.

• I think you maybe slightly misunderstood, though beri did try to clear this up with her second post.

What I think she meant is that a religion that forces women to do certain things is treating them like 2nd class citizens, she never actually said that she personally believes they are that, just that they are treated that way and in her opinion they shouldn’t settle for that. I really don’t think she meant anything offensive.

Thanks! I tried to explain it indeed in my 2nd post also but you put it here perfectly :thumbup: