Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Merve Atlier is btw tall, looks athletic and is just 18 years old. Same generation as Ebrar and I remember she was quite reliable in youth level also. If I was EczV I would start with Lauren Gibbemeyer + Merve Atlier as MB duos as tbh I don't think the other two locals are much of use these days and don't make a difference anyways...

I’m surprised to see you say that about Beyza because I think you used to like her. She’s 23 years old so I don’t think she can become a superstar but might still improve a little so maybe too soon to give up on her?

Though I do see what you mean. If Merve Atlier has potential (I don’t know her well enough to know) then she should get a chance because it’s not like Beyza and Busra are really important players.

• I’m surprised to see you say that about Beyza because I think you used to like her. She’s 23 years old so I don’t think she can become a superstar but might still improve a little so maybe too soon to give up on her?

Though I do see what you mean. If Merve Atlier has potential (I don’t know her well enough to know) then she should get a chance because it’s not like Beyza and Busra are really important players.

I still like Beyza and she brings amazing passion to the court sometimes, I did not give up on her but I mean she is playing bad this season and I can understand why she is getting benched. To me I wish she left EczV, same for Merve. They don't know what to do with young talents whatsoever. In this case I would give Merve as much playing time as possible as she is a young talent, you never know they suddenly shine sometimes if they're truly talented. As someone here said Gio trusted Zehra and now she is one of the best Turkish middle blockers, EczV didnt trust Yasemin I hope they will try a new approach with Merve at least.

Beyza is still a good player and one of our best slider options, she is not a good fit in Eczaci though tbh

• I don't agree with you on that, Busra has been more than decent last couple of seasons, nothing spectacular but good enough so far whereas merve didn't show anything special as Yasemin did last season. I think gibbemeyer is disappointment so far, she won't be much of use unless beyza's injury is too bad to recover soon

• Oh and another thing. Looking at the stats Eda still ranks #2, only behind Rasic (which has played only in 8 games while Eda has played in 17). Plus Eda got 203 sets, there`s only 3 other middles with more (Eroglu,Jackson,Giel). Eda`s hitting % is over 50%.

Also Bahar got 103 sets with over 50% success. Babat`s number are even better 64 sets and she killed 42. ( Problem is that Babat has only 6 blocks).

So I don`t think Anna is doing bad with the middles. Eda would certainly be getting even more sets if their reception was better.

Altinli OMGG U were saying Jackson is the best middle in the world. Have you checked how many blocks she has?? only 16. That`s terrible...(Asli has 48 which makes her the best in the league). Her inability to block really hurts her team, not only she`s not blocking but she`s not getting any touches and not slowing anyone down on the other side. She was a weak blocker in Japan as well...Gala should have kept one of Ruseva-Jack.

Rasic played only 8 games and she has 39 blocks.

• For FB, I don't wanna get bashed but I really don't like their game at all. They solely rely on Vargas who had bad injuries in past and Ana is overusing her. If Vargas gets injured and closes the season, FB might even lose in quarters to teams like Nilufer or Besiktas. Ana is probably one of the worst performing transfers of this season in the league, nothing special with her game, she keeps forgetting Bricio who is a good attacker. Her connection with Eda is a mess. Their receiving, defense and block is still not settled. In a bad period when their serves are not functioning as it usually does, they will be in serious trouble again. Their major problem right now looks like the number of errors.

this makes me miss Nootsara more and more. do you think Nootsara will do a better job with this current team of FB?

• offensive part of some teams' game progresses through one player...that player becomes generally opposite of a team

e.g. Novara-Egonu,Fener-Vargas, Scandicci-Haak etc ..this kind of teams could choke more easily compared to the other teams if enough support isnt provided by other players of a team at crucial times

i get confused sometimes if this is a coach's tactic for his setter to execute or its up to a setter to choose the easiest way to play

• What I don't like about you sometimes is that you don't really read. I didn't say Cursty Jackson is the best MB in the world, ever. She doesn't even come close and thats why she is not in NT. I said she is one of the best if not best only offense MBs! So best spiking MBs. I made that very clear actually, if you go back and read my posts you will see that ;) We have spoken all season about Cursty's inability to block and how you can feel the team truly lacks a Sinead Jack type player

Personaly I prefer even blocking MBs over offensive ones. I think Dicle Nur Babat is a better blocker despite the stats then Bahar, she soften blocks also a lot more too, however as she was benched a long time this season I feel she still hasnt found her rythm

• What I don't like about you sometimes is that you don't really read. I didn't say Cursty Jackson is the best MB in the world, ever. She doesn't even come close and thats why she is not in NT. I said she is one of the best if not best only offense MBs! So best spiking MBs. I made that very clear actually, if you go back and read my posts you will see that ;) We have spoken all season about Cursty's inability to block and how you can feel the team truly lacks a Sinead Jack type player

Personaly I prefer even blocking MBs over offensive ones. I think Dicle Nur Babat is a better blocker despite the stats then Bahar, she soften blocks also a lot more too, however as she was benched a long time this season I feel she still hasnt found her rythm

Sinead is definitely not a blocking type of MB. Ruseva or Fetisova kinda players what I call 'blocking' MB.

Indeed a scoring MB such as Jackson could be a good fit with GSs system but they need to keep both Cansu and Leys on the court at the same time and set a lot to MBs. Cagla's connection to MBs doesn't seem to be working, I agree with Meatballs that Nursevil should be the starter with Hande. I lost my hope of hande's being a good OH after seeing her performance this season. Considering Meryem's terrible shape, we better use Hande as Opp

• Sinead is definitely not a blocking MB :cheesy::gone: I heard it all, officially. GS needed an all around player like Sinead this season, their lack of blocks is prove of that. Ruseva is not an enough scorer in this system. Sinead can do both so it would have been smart to do everything to keep her.

Really Serdar sometimes I truly think you disagree just for the sake of disagreeing :lol:

• Sinead is definitely not a blocking MB :cheesy::gone: I heard it all, officially. GS needed an all around player like Sinead this season, their lack of blocks is prove of that. Ruseva is not an enough scorer in this system. Sinead can do both so it would have been smart to do everything to keep her.

Really Serdar sometimes I truly think you disagree just for the sake of disagreeing :lol:

that's so not true, I sometimes agree with what you said (I know it is not very often 😂) but please Sinead is nowhere close to blocking skills of Ruseva. A balanced MB who can both attack and block are only a few nowadays; rasic, Eda, veljkovic, adenizia

• Can you queue it up to the play?

• go to 26:34. the lineswoman warns him to step back and he doesn't, so she waves her flag and the ref. awards the point to halkbank.

is this man a child???? hilarious.

He is like a toddler seeking for attention when he puts the tip of his feet on the line smh... And then he dares to talk about professionalism to the officials? Oh pls, kudos to both the lineswoman and head ref. for handling the situation the best way they could without giving Gio the attention he wants so desperately.

Let him scream all he wants, red card well deserved :wavy::aww:

Lonneke also looked very much annoyed with him and that was not a friendly push of her!

• Typical Guidetti :roll:. He just has to do something to stand out from the crowd, he can't just coach like everyone else. The most annoying man on the planet.