Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• I got your point, Pope but I don’t think Eczaci played a series of good games this season so far. I mean, yes, they won many games, even won most of their matches in straight sets but I haven’t seen good connection between players, enjoyable game etc. they haven’t reached to their potential, they win because they have good players and someone can step up when it is needed so they can win the game but it won’t work all the time when facing strong opponents. This is what happened in WCH. If they keep playing like this, I don’t see them winning CL or TL.

FB is not reaching to their potential either, I don’t want to see Vakif getting another trophy, It is getting a bit boring. No offense to their players, they are playing good but some other team should get it this year.

I dont agree with you. I think any team can get trophies . yes, Vakifbank get the most champions in these 3 seasons.but I think they deserve it. Dont you guys see how smooth they played recently? They are improving their skills every match. and they seems have the spirit of solidarity. no offense to other teams.other teams change their rosters every season ,but vakif keep the main rosters and has a good team work. They want to win, Gui always talks to Cansu or Gunes when they cant focus on the court. what is boring ?Vitra seems buy all good players except Zhu .what does they want ? yesterday is just a normal match.lets focus on play-off and CL. what we want are good matches . dont waste time on complaining who shouldnt get champions anymore. Time will tell us.

• I dont agree with you. I think any team can get trophies . yes, Vakifbank get the most champions in these 3 seasons.but I think they deserve it. Dont you guys see how smooth they played recently? They are improving their skills every match. and they seems have the spirit of solidarity. no offense to other teams.other teams change their rosters every season ,but vakif keep the main rosters and has a good team work. They want to win, Gui always talks to Cansu or Gunes when they cant focus on the court. what is boring ?Vitra seems buy all good players except Zhu .what does they want ? yesterday is just a normal match.lets focus on play-off and CL. what we want are good matches . dont waste time on complaining who shouldnt get champions anymore. Time will tell us.

i think you misunderstood what I meant to say. I don’t have anything against Vakif, they work hard, they have great connection on court and they play pretty good when it is needed. They start slow at the begining of the seasons but when time comes, they play pretty well and win most of the time. There is nothing wrong with that.

But, I like diversity, I don’t find it entertaining when a team win it all, every year, again and again. Vitra and Eczaci are investing as well but cannot manage consistency. I expected Eczaci and FB to solve their issues and manage to improve their games but it has not happened so far and I have to remind you that play offs are approaching both for CL and TL. Don’t you think it would have been better if they have addressed their issues and solved it already? That is what I expected to be honest.

• Both Eczacibasi and Fener are not even near Vakifbank level.

Vakifbank has great chemistry between them + they have great superstar as Zhu Ting. Eczacibasi has great players but bad setters and chemistry is not their yet, and Fener is super unstable from Bricio to Vargas + everyone else.

Yes they can won some matches but their game looks nothing special.

Vakifbank is just on another level than everyone else in Turkish league.

Overall in womens volleyball is missing great setters. You literally have few great ones and everyone else are average.

Only great setter in Turksih league is Cansu, say whatever you want but She is doing pretty much good job with her team.

• Not saying Karch is above critisms or faultless but Hagglund retiring very early in her career is not something you can solely put on Karch. She could've continued her career but chose not to. He had Banwarth when Hagglund was in the gym and no matter how great she was in the NCAA she wasn't able to put herself clearly above Banwarth during that period. You can't fault him for sticking with a known commodity in Banwarth.

JWO did herself no favors by opting not to play professionaly after she graduated. Even then she still got invited and saw more court time for the national team than Benson. He was clearly impressed by Knop during Florida's championship hunt that's why she got invited to train for the national team. I trust that the people in charge in the gym knew better than some us arm chair coaches when they decided they'd rather have Courtney and Robinson for the VNL and the WC for reasons.

Unless you have a crystal ball or the second coming of Nostradamus then you point blank stating he would waste those prospects if they' would ever decide to join the NT is just you having a negative and biased opinion about Karch.

Great analysis! Thumbs up:drink:

Karch is getting a lot of unnecessary brutal criticism here. He doesn't have magic wand in his hands to change player's mind to force them not to quit volleyball or play in professional clubs. He can't make great players out of thin air. As neither of previous American NT coaches has done. There was only Sykora and Davis for a decade. If Karch failed at finding good liberos, same could be said for other coaches as well. I think we should judge trainers what they have done with they have in their hands. And to me, he did the right choice by making Robinson play as libero

I also don't think USA is bad at setter compartment, considering Carlini, Lloyd, Hancock all are playing on a high level right now.

• i think you misunderstood what I meant to say. I don’t have anything against Vakif, they work hard, they have great connection on court and they play pretty good when it is needed. They start slow at the begining of the seasons but when time comes, they play pretty well and win most of the time. There is nothing wrong with that.

But, I like diversity, I don’t find it entertaining when a team win it all, every year, again and again. Vitra and Eczaci are investing as well but cannot manage consistency. I expected Eczaci and FB to solve their issues and manage to improve their games but it has not happened so far and I have to remind you that play offs are approaching both for CL and TL. Don’t you think it would have been better if they have addressed their issues and solved it already? That is what I expected to be honest.

I know what you meannow .but now all tournaments are going to end. from begining to now,I dont see fener or Vitra did too much change.I think you also see that.Fener are more and more reply on vargas.lets have a look at all players datas.Vargas spiked too many balls .almost twice of Zhu. Players ,not robots. thats why i dont like too much about fener matches. As to Vitra, every season they buy expensive spikers but their manager truly dont know what is important for them. when Kim was reported to Vitra ,many fans maybe happy for them.but in the court,i dont think Kim is more useful than meliha. they need good MB.Always. good blocking MB. to be honest ,there are many choices better than USA mbs. to be honest,I hope China will let more young players to play abroad. maybe in next olympic round.

• Vakıfbank's key to success is simple: They are smarter. They have better eye for talent. And they sign the best local players.

It seems like the other teams have to make do with leftovers from Vakıfbank.

Cansu for instance, was playing in 1st division when Vakıfbank transfered her.

She was not an unknown talent but other teams just weren't interested or slow to act.

Vakıf almost always invests in younger (under 25) up and coming players...While Eczacı goes for household names, veterans who established themselves but usually past their prime. Kim is the latest example among players like Ognjenovic, Kosheleva, Thaisa, Adams, Furst...Only exception to this is Boskovic and she was on everybody's shortlist. For example how Eczacı could miss Bricio who would have been perfect for them I really don't understand.

Eczacı also has a very bad management/boss, according to reports they were considering Avital Salinger before Motta as coach which is ridiculous.

Fenerbahçe is no better than Eczacı, they have a problem at libero position for years and they just ignore it. When they have money they built flawed superteams, and when they don't they just try to hang around...They never have a long term plan.

• I agree with you. I think the reason they are smart is Guidetti. He explains it very well to his players, over and over again if it is needed.

Eczaci gets the local player they want but they don’t use it. They don’t transfer good blocking MBs.

I didn’t know they considered Salinger, it would be a shock for me but I wouldn’t be suprised after all, Eczaci likes loser coaches a lot.

• :aww::aww:

To be honest Cansu has been struggling a lot in the beginning of the season. She's quite consistent now, mostly thanks to Guidetti and his patience, which what most trainers haven't nowdays; now she's part of that chemistry, which is what made her access into the starting 6+1 easier. She's far from being the only great setter in turkish league.

Motta is doing a good job with his team, he just needs to take the best out of his setter (Gamze) or chose once for all to start with Ezgi. Whoever he choses, he has to let her play both good and bad, 'cause facing troubles is what makes a player experienced.

Fener, considering they changed almost everything, is doing a superb job so far. With Rabadzhieva, if she's in good shape, they'll be even more dangerous in Champions League. Their big guns are under-25 players.

• Great analysis! Thumbs up:drink:

Karch is getting a lot of unnecessary brutal criticism here. He doesn't have magic wand in his hands to change player's mind to force them not to quit volleyball or play in professional clubs. He can't make great players out of thin air. As neither of previous American NT coaches has done. There was only Sykora and Davis for a decade. If Karch failed at finding good liberos, same could be said for other coaches as well. I think we should judge trainers what they have done with they have in their hands. And to me, he did the right choice by making Robinson play as libero

I also don't think USA is bad at setter compartment, considering Carlini, Lloyd, Hancock all are playing on a high level right now.

Lang Ping and McCutcheon had half of the talented players he has.

He's wasting the best generation USA Volleyball ever had.

I guess you have no idea how Lloyd has been performing in the last 2 years. She's awful both with club and NT.

• I also don't think USA is bad at setter compartment, considering Carlini, Lloyd, Hancock all are playing on a high level right now.

This only shows that you don`t watch games at all.. So all your posts are based on "bias" . Lloyd gets replaced all the time in Brazil...how is that playing at a high level? Carlini can`t even set the middles and all she does is set Egonu and Novara is already looking for a replacement next season. Even if you were reading comments you would know that as everyone is saying the same thing.

So my advice is....Start watching games before you talk...otherwise you just look stupid. You just got exposed and showed that your opinion is not credible at all.

You should spend more time watching games rather than replying to my posts and saying I`m creating drama.

• Carlini is setter with amazing potential, you can’t call someone bad because She had bad moments, setter is reaching their best with years and Carlini already had wow moments with some great skills We don’t what is Barbolini saying to her, how to play etc...

I watched her a lot this season and she improved a lot. She is giving a quality sets but her games needs to become more creative and that is something that is coming with years. Her sets to position 1 or 1 are world class from every position that She is setting.

• Carlini is setter with amazing potential, you can’t call someone bad because She had bad moments, setter is reaching their best with years and Carlini already had wow moments with some great skills We don’t what is Barbolini saying to her, how to play etc...

For once I agree with you. :)

We know for sure her game without Egonu is simply enjoyable and funny. I remember when Paola was rested and she played one of her best games, if not the best. Her technical skills are amazing, considering her age. NCAA coaches teach the setting skills using her video and slowmotions for a reason. She's not playing as good as she can, but I have faith on this girl since the very first time I saw playing for Wisconsin.

• Please, Pope, don't make it personal. You can share your opinion, but please stay calm and relaxed. There's no need for extra drama. ;)

I don’t think he is the one making drama here. Some people come here and try to create drama by blaming people for things that are not real, they always call others names but they are the real trouble here. Those some never come here, share their opinion and see what other people say. All they do is blaming, creating drama and trying to spread their negativity. Pope is just trying to express his ideas so I don’t think he should back down.

Don’t get me wrong, this is not against you :)

• I don’t think he is the one making drama here. Some people come here and try to create drama by blaming people for things that are not real, they always call others names but they are the real trouble here. Those some never come here, share their opinion and see what other people say. All they do is blaming, creating drama and trying to spread their negativity. Pope is just trying to express his ideas so I don’t think he should back down.

Thank you...:super:...That says it all.

• I don’t think he is the one making drama here. Some people come here and try to create drama by blaming people for things that are not real, they always call others names but they are the real trouble here. Those some never come here, share their opinion and see what other people say. All they do is blaming, creating drama and trying to spread their negativity. Pope is just trying to express his ideas so I don’t think he should back down.

I'm okay with Pope sharing his opinions. I'm not okay with him saying to anyone he looks stupid, 'cause insults are not allowed. ;)

We can talk and be kind at the same time. Let's try all together. :win:

• Regarding VakifBank Istanbul: my impression is, that they do everything what they need to do for success on the highest level possible. This includes organisational things, which are more important, as many people think, Guidetti is great in building the season team always better with progress of the season, very good hirement decisions and well-thought combinations of players are created as group. Altogether they have a clear advantage, which can't be explained with money alone, which is rather evident when comparing with Eczacibasi: they make much less out of the basically same budget regarding success, with Eczacibasi you have sometimes the opposite impression (getting weaker in the course of the season).

I watched her a lot this season and she improved a lot. She is giving a quality sets but her games needs to become more creative and that is something that is coming with years. Her sets to position 1 or 1 are world class from every position that She is setting.

Did u know Gamze is only 2 years older than Carlin? They r about same age just like Egonu and Boskovic.

So why do you come here say Gamze is terrible and she's Vitra's problem? Why are you not making excuses for Gamze and talking about her potential instead?

I'm not talking about her potential I'm talking about her current performance. And if you need to make excuses for it by talking about potential over current performance .. It says it all.

OK guys Carlini can't play a creative game because of Egonu... Novara must get ride of Egonu 😂 😂

Crovoley is another example of commenting based on bias. He is always making excuses for Italian teams and it's players while trying to talk down on Turkish Teams and it's players.

Anyways. I'm done with this topic.