Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• It's really annoying Sloëtjes always gets criticised. This season many times she was really important. As you can see now, she is really important for Vakifbank. Today she wasn't playing good and they couldn't win the match:roll: Ebrar couldn't kill any ball at important moments, so she wasn't playing that great either.

The problem for Sloëtjes is if she doesn't hit the ball well, she wouldn't be able to contribute in other areas, average blocker, average defender.

• Winning a seemingly unbeatable team. That fighting and that energy on court.

Yes, that's what exactly Fener's famous for!

Reminds me of that legendary golden-set game against Eczacibasi in 16-17. Good game, Fener. Wishing the team good luck for tomorrow.

• How great it would be to see Vargas in NT:super: I am curious if is there any offer from Fenerbahce or TVF to Vargas. Is it possible to see her in NT. I can see Vargas will be next Yeon Kim of Fenerbahce (she played 6 or 7 years for them)

• Vakifbank didn't survive career performance of Vargas, Fatma, and Ana. Cansu, SLOETJES terrible, K Robinson horrible for 3 sets

No, Kelsey did fine today. Her role isn't exactly to attack like Sloetjes or Zhu Ting. She has an extremely good balance of both attack and defense, and she was why Vakif could win that second set.

• Really high level match, best match in a long time, too bad Vakif couldn't win in the end, kudos to Fenerbache, they played really well today, especially Vargas and Fatma. I think Fatma just secured her spot in the NT with this match:box:

Fener is the best serving team right now, hands down, Vakif was under pressure the whole time! Like when you're done with Vargas, you have to deal with Bricio, and then Eda, it's just crazy;(

• No, Kelsey did fine today. Her role isn't exactly to attack like Sloetjes or Zhu Ting. She has an extremely good balance of both attack and defense, and she was why Vakif could win that second set.

Vakifbank didn't win 2nd set, neither 3rd set. She was not able to attack at all for the first 3 sets and received/defended average, that why she was replaced by Tugba, rare. KR was much better last two sets

• How great it would be to see Vargas in NT:super: I am curious if is there any offer from Fenerbahce or TVF to Vargas. Is it possible to see her in NT. I can see Vargas will be next Yeon Kim of Fenerbahce (she played 6 or 7 years for them)

yeah, I am thinking the same. I mean Turkish NT lacks in this position, when this is possible with Juantorena in Italy or Leon in Poland why not Vargas in Turkey. Turkish basketball NT both men and women are doing the same, there is always 1 in the team who took Turkish nationality mostly Americans.

• Vargas is the top scorer with 38 points and 60% of exc! She was just a machine!

Fatma finished 13 points and 63 % exce. Meanwhile, Bricio scored 14 points but just 36% of exc.

If TVF doesnt help Vargas to get the turkish citenzhip, maybe another federation will try it in the future.

Vakifbank did a block festival! 22 blocking points! It is insane! Every single player (except Sloetjes) scored a block point. In the other hand, Fener only got 6 :white: and 3 were made by Eda.

• Fener did look solid on block though still, like it were not direct block points but they softened greatly with their block which is almost as useful imo.

Vargas 2nd match in a row with huge numbers!! 38pts. today vs VakifBank and 35 points vs Scandicci. Definitely the biggest new prospect of 2018-2019 season in general, good decision of FB signing her.

• Before the season started I had no idea how good Vargas would be. I thought they might have to use Polen :D:aww:

• Vargas is the top scorer with 38 points and 60% of exc! She was just a machine!

Fatma finished 13 points and 63 % exce. Meanwhile, Bricio scored 14 points but just 36% of exc.

If TVF doesnt help Vargas to get the turkish citenzhip, maybe another federation will try it in the future.

Vakifbank did a block festival! 22 blocking points! It is insane! Every single player (except Sloetjes) scored a block point. In the other hand, Fener only got 6 :white: and 3 were made by Eda.

There were also lots of out of bounds, and Vakifbank couldn't stop them in the tie break.

I think Vakif need to work on their serves, literally only Rasic's serve could do some damage.

• though vakif lost this match,I understand one thing about Zhu .Why she deserves the highest pay. she attacks,receives,blocks...and I still cant understand why Cansu always sets to slotjes or erbar at the begin of one set,even though zhu in in front ? she killed the match as the same way many times

• Vakifbank didn't win 2nd set, neither 3rd set. She was not able to attack at all for the first 3 sets and received/defended average, that why she was replaced by Tugba, rare. KR was much better last two sets

Ok then, fine. I'm referring to whatever set Vakif won today.

I'm just sick of some Vakif fans scapegoating Kelsey whenever the team loses because I feel like she's always doing extremely well in her position Guidetti has allocated for her in the team. There are such strong attackers in Vakifbank and it's not Kelsely's role exactly to kill the ball. She even plays Libero for the US NT.

How great it would be to see Vargas in NT:super: I am curious if is there any offer from Fenerbahce or TVF to Vargas. Is it possible to see her in NT. I can see Vargas will be next Yeon Kim of Fenerbahce (she played 6 or 7 years for them)

I agree. Vargas has such talent that it's a waste even to play on the Cuban NT (it's honestly a mess). I hope TVF offers!

I wish Vargas will be the next Yeon-koung Kim of Fenerbahce, except maybe this time they can succesfully pull her out of a weak NT, unlike Yeon-koung who is utterly wasted in the Korean NT.

• Ok then, fine. I'm referring to whatever set Vakif won today.

I'm just sick of some Vakif fans scapegoating Kelsey whenever the team loses because I feel like she's always doing extremely well in her position Guidetti has allocated for her in the team. There are such strong attackers in Vakifbank and it's not Kelsely's role exactly to kill the ball. She even plays Libero for the US NT.

I agree. Vargas has such talent that it's a waste even to play on the Cuban NT (it's honestly a mess). I hope TVF offers!

I wish Vargas will be the next Yeon-koung Kim of Fenerbahce, except maybe this time they can succesfully pull her out of a weak NT, unlike Yeon-koung who is utterly wasted in the Korean NT.

Ok then, fine. I'm referring to whatever set Vakif won today.

so who is the reason that vakif lost? Does zhu not receive enough balls? or Slotjes is so weak and unstable?or CAnsu sets horrible?or mbs has too many touch out balls? or GUi is stupid?

• Usually all OHs have around 40% in attack, but people pick on it only when a team loses. And defensive ones are the ones that people dont like much. Same goes for setters and liberos . Unfortunately if you dont score points people like you less even though the game would be shit without you

• so who is the reason that vakif lost? Does zhu not receive enough balls? or Slotjes is so weak and unstable?or CAnsu sets horrible?or mbs has too many touch out balls? or GUi is stupid?

Take it easy.I think gui still saves some cards for the final of turkish league and champions league. Vakifbank does not prepre well for this match and they has only one day to rest. Moreover, fenerbachee plays really good especially in set5. Fenerbache has 81% spike successful rate and vakifbank has 0 block in set5. That is why vakifbank loses set 5!:teach:

• Its a team sport guys! :lol: VakifBank lost by smallest of margins a 13-15 tiebreak and it was a great match on both ends overall.

Therefore the biggest blame is on Fenerbahçe simply playing better today as a team. :serve: