Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• My prediction was right: Beylikduzu is fifth at the end of the season. :heart:

I was surprised they managed to beat THY which on paper imo seem like a much better team. Simone Lee is quite an underrated OH to be honest she always did well, just needs a very good defensive OH along her because she can't receive well to save her life. Drews is maybe not the best Opppsite yet she is far from being useless as well, she is improving bit by bit. She started really bad to the season and same in Italy but slowly improved into a reliable player. Maybe next year she will get even better as she seems to have the work ethic. I can't like Kelly Hunter setter, she was the American weak link of the team along with the local weak link/liability Ceyda Aktas. They have had a really good libero too this season with Melisa Memis. Their MB line-up was ok.

I'm not sure if they can but I hope they keep this squad and maybe replace Hunter with a foreign MB and Aktas with Birgül Güler as defensive OH than this team can be even better! They were for sure fun to watch and good prediction of you :D !

• Btw some smart teams that want to invest right will be all over Yvon Beliën imo who is a very underrated MB, she's got those 'heavy' arms too for good blocking. THY will build a great squad to enter the top 4 next season they could do it especially after their MB retired. Also she is a good option for Eczacibasi or Galatasaray too imo and there is Italian, Japanese teams still etc.

I believe she should/will be the most wanted player very soon now.

• Beylikdüzü VI's management ain't playing around btw. Each season they reached their goals and promises!

Starting with

Year by year goals:

Yr 1. Entering 2nd league (check)

Yr 2. Winning 2nd league and entering VVSL (check)

Yr 3.Staying and performing well in VVSL (check)

Yr 4. Playing for European cups. (check)

..... Upcoming

Yr 5. Winning European cup.

And than there is their placement ritual: 1st in 2nd league (13th), 9th in VVSL, 5th in VVSL

2020: 1st in VVSL?? : P

I'm happy though, Beylikdüzü imo one of the best places to live in Istanbul and their volleyball team always brings something exciting to the table. Congrats to them and their success!

• Btw some smart teams that want to invest right will be all over Yvon Beliën imo who is a very underrated MB, she's got those 'heavy' arms too for good blocking. THY will build a great squad to enter the top 4 next season they could do it especially after their MB retired. Also she is a good option for Eczacibasi or Galatasaray too imo and there is Italian, Japanese teams still etc.

I believe she should/will be the most wanted player very soon now.

Yes she is a good middle blocker and can be useful for many teams! But I doubt if she will play for a team like eczacibasi, because last year she refused some offers from to top 4 teams of Turkey beacuse she doesn't want to sit on the bench a lot of matches. Also I think it's not likely that she will play in Italy again, because Modena wasn't a good experience so she didn't like it there.

• Yes she is a good middle blocker and can be useful for many teams! But I doubt if she will play for a team like eczacibasi, because last year she refused some offers from to top 4 teams of Turkey beacuse she doesn't want to sit on the bench a lot of matches. Also I think it's not likely that she will play in Italy again, because Modena wasn't a good experience so she didn't like it there.

That's a shame. She played really well in Piacenza.

• Yes she is a good middle blocker and can be useful for many teams! But I doubt if she will play for a team like eczacibasi, because last year she refused some offers from to top 4 teams of Turkey beacuse she doesn't want to sit on the bench a lot of matches. Also I think it's not likely that she will play in Italy again, because Modena wasn't a good experience so she didn't like it there.

Maybe only if they can reassure her a starting place at all times or Turkish league changes foreigner limit to 4. Those are indeed not things we can take for granted though and Eczacibasi is maybe not an option. I'm sure she'll make the best choice for next season, maybe THY, GS or even Beylikdüzü or another country.

I like that she puts playing constantly as a must! Very smart decision and I feel this did help her be better and better over the years.

• Kübra amazing blocks. No offense but most of us were right about Milena, Kübra-Zehra duo works much better than Milena with either of these... :whistle:

Can almost not believe what I put there but its true.

• btw Ezgi is the best Turkish setter atm!

Sorry Cansu

Probably true but I think that doesn't say anything good about Turkish setters. :whistle:

Hopefully Naz can get back to a high level when she returns.

• Probably true but I think that doesn't say anything good about Turkish setters. :whistle:

Hopefully Naz can get back to a high level when she returns.

I like Ezgi tbh, she started bad thats because she got benched by EczV a whole season. In Fener lets not forget there were many times she played good enough so that the coach replaced Nootsara with her even when there was no foreigner limit yet on court, she is very talented and a tough girl. What I like most about her is her defensive contributions on court, most Turkish setters and setters in general are weak in that aspect but not Ezgi.

Naz will ofc still be on top probably when she returns but Ezgi is great too imo esp. if teams give her the chance instead of her wasting her in bench for Maja but even more so for Gamze...

• Buket is just :aww:

The fact that Gio keeps putting her on shows what kind of match Cansu is playing.