Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• She was a starter during a few years in Praia, and then she benched for Claudinha. I like her. She used to have great connections with her MBs and OPP but her sets to zone 4 are simply awful. This was a huge problem in 2013/2014 when Praia had this amazing line up with Herrera, Kim Glass, Mari Steinbrecher and failed to reach semifinals once again. Ju Carrijo was mostly blamed for that because she performed very poorly in the quarterfinals.

Yes, I remember her playing with my Kim. Also Mayhara was in that team right?

• Yes, I remember her playing with my Kim. Also Mayhara was in that team right?

Yes, Mayhara was there. She was a beast at both slide attack and blocking. And then she decided to bench in Rexona...:what:

• OMG I'm just in love with Kosha. She seems to be an amazing person. She is a world champion, a world club champion, three time Russian league champion, and so long...and she still managens to get so emotional with a regional championship title in Brazil.:heart::heart:

• This was such, such a good match. I absolutely adore Kosheleva. She seems like an incredible person. I'm really rooting for her this year.

Superliga might actually be a really good competition this year. I'm stoked.

• She was a starter during a few years in Praia, and then she benched for Claudinha. I like her. She used to have great connections with her MBs and OPP but her sets to zone 4 are simply awful. This was a huge problem in 2013/2014 when Praia had this amazing line up with Herrera, Kim Glass, Mari Steinbrecher and failed to reach semifinals once again. Ju Carrijo was mostly blamed for that because she performed very poorly in the quarterfinals.

I remember this one. I was hoping that Mari could do well but it didn't turn out that way.

• Yes, Mayhara was there. She was a beast at both slide attack and blocking. And then she decided to bench in Rexona...:what:

I remember praising her then. I couldn't get over her decision to go and sit on the bench in Rio

Mayhara was always good. I think the decision coming to Rexona is because training under Coach Bernadinho is one of the most precious things one could get, maybe. And maybe Rio offers better money. Or simply because she wants to stay around that area? I don't know. But I think she should start this year. Bia has not been convincing for the past 5 months or so.

This was such, such a good match. I absolutely adore Kosheleva. She seems like an incredible person. I'm really rooting for her this year.

Superliga might actually be a really good competition this year. I'm stoked.

I always love Koshe. She is not that typical smug faced Russian. She is always warm and welcoming and her attitude on court is always a pleasure to watch. I am very looking forward on how she will perform under Coach Bernadinho. Anyone knows how many players from Russia has played in Superliga?

• I don't know of any other Russian playing in Superliga before, but other users here might know more. I actually think Kosheleva, given how much of a warm person she is, might fit with Brazilian culture quite perfectly, if I'm being honest.

• I'm so happy for Koshe. She just had her injury, and it's really an emotional moment for her, because she's not only winning this championship, but also showing to herself that she can beat this injury. Congrats Sesc-Rio and Koshe.

• Totally forgot to talk about Fluminense too. I hope they can cause some damage this year. The team has no stars whatsoever, but their playing system is incredible whenever they're focused, especially when it comes to blocking and floor defense. Hopefully Joycinha and Pri Daroit help them make a bigger mark this Superliga, I really like them this time around.

• Kosheleva looked good but did she lose a lot of weight? She looked super thin. I don’t like the colored balls it was hard to see it.

I think so. I like her better now. She is not super thin, but i think she is back in shape.

• Mayhara was always good. I think the decision coming to Rexona is because training under Coach Bernadinho is one of the most precious things one could get, maybe. And maybe Rio offers better money. Or simply because she wants to stay around that area? I don't know. But I think she should start this year. Bia has not been convincing for the past 5 months or so.

I always love Koshe. She is not that typical smug faced Russian. She is always warm and welcoming and her attitude on court is always a pleasure to watch. I am very looking forward on how she will perform under Coach Bernadinho. Anyone knows how many players from Russia has played in Superliga?

I remember Kirilova playing in Pinheiros in the 90s.

• Love the Brazilian league this season, so much parity ! Might be my favourite league in the world to follow. There are 7 quality teams out in my opinion, and out of those 7 anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Looking forward to the season getting underway!

Praia enter as favourites with a strong & balanced lineup (Lloyd, Fawcett, Fe Garay, Rosamaria, Fabiana, Carol and Suelen). Hard to find a weak link in that starting 6.

Sesc/Rio will rely heavily on Kosheleva because they lack a trustworthy opposite. Adding Bia (best Brazilian MB atm, in my opinion) obviously helps.

Sesc/Bauru are the interesting newcomers. Looked impressive in the Paulista. For me it will be interesting to see how often Diouf and Tiffany play at the same time, because otherwise they lack in the OH position.

Minas are highlighted by Natalia and Gabi but outside of those two, they lack quality.

Barueri feature a lot of older players who are seemingly past their prime (Dani Lins, Skowronska, Thaisa), but if anyone can help them discover their top form, surely its Ze Roberto.

Osasco, I'm not too high on this year. Curious to see how Hooker will play, but outside of Mari Paraiba there isnt too much in their lineup to get excited about.

Fluminense look much improved this season and can cause some surprises. The arrival of Joycinha and Pri Daroit to go with Thaisinha gives them a formidable attack.

• Praia and Pinheiros (a little more) are fighting but the game, at least for me, is very painful to watch. Too much errors, but can be related to the hot temperature and bad dynamic between Praia players.

But, i absolutely HATE matches without video check. The game needs video challenge to be fair, and its really upsetting to have so much referee errors.

And, Lloyd didnt play 2nd set and did not return for 3th set. Oh boy.