Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• Suelen and Garay playing really well. Carli is gaining confidence. Rosamaria is a liability in reception but when someone yell at her she remember how to do things.

Praia 1x1 Osasco right now.

• I haven't watched enough of Claudina but seeing her in the last couple of matches this season I dont really like her setting. Maybe because she is not the quickest, but her setting options are suspect at times, and also the ball she sets has no momentum/tempo on it . The hitters constantly have to check their their run up because the set never seems to match how the hitters are moving, or the pace of the play at that point. I found watching her really frustrating!

There seems to be more of a spread of talent in the Brazilian league this year which hopefully should mean a lot more tighter tighter matches. In terms of just pace and level of play in the women's leagues however, it seems to me Turkey and Italy are quite a step further than the other leagues, although Brazil's middles remain strong.

p.s. Where is Bia?

• I haven't watched enough of Claudina but seeing her in the last couple of matches this season I dont really like her setting. Maybe because she is not the quickest, but her setting options are suspect at times, and also the ball she sets has no momentum/tempo on it . The hitters constantly have to check their their run up because the set never seems to match how the hitters are moving, or the pace of the play at that point. I found watching her really frustrating!

There seems to be more of a spread of talent in the Brazilian league this year which hopefully should mean a lot more tighter tighter matches. In terms of just pace and level of play in the women's leagues however, it seems to me Turkey and Italy are quite a step further than the other leagues, although Brazil's middles remain strong.

p.s. Where is Bia?

Bia plays in SESC-Rio now

• The team is training and playing together since September and Hooker arrived just this month. I understand why Lorenne started. I think Hooker will gradually become starter though

• i dont understand why they insist with Lorenne and only use Hooker as a serving sub? She might have helped turning things around a bit.

Watching 2 of Brazil's legendary MB going head to head with each other was a thrill.

Hooker did came and and played for a few points, near the end of set 2. She made a hitting error, then was blocked, then made a serving mistake. However in the 4th she played much much better, I think she was given 5-6 balls, and she killed all of those. She looks kinda slow to me, especially moving on court. Also I noticed she still jumps pretty high, but the timing with the sets is off.. she usually hit them, while coming down. Which is understandable considering she has been training with her setter for a short time. I'm hoping she gets back to her beast shape

• Hooker did came and and played for a few points, near the end of set 2. She made a hitting error, then was blocked, then made a serving mistake. However in the 4th she played much much better, I think she was given 5-6 balls, and she killed all of those. She looks kinda slow to me, especially moving on court. Also I noticed she still jumps pretty high, but the timing with the sets is off.. she usually hit them, while coming down. Which is understandable considering she has been training with her setter for a short time. I'm hoping she gets back to her beast shape

Hooker only practised with the team 5 times prior to this match and she hasn't played volleyball for nearly 6 months since she's not part of NT. Just like last season, she will be a sub and slowly get the starting position. We will see her best shape in the second round.

• Is it just me or Claudinha sets have been extremely inconsistent and at times awful?

Not just you. She is awful.

She won last year's league because she had world-class spikers in her team. That's not the case of Osasco this year.

• I don't understand why did Ju Carrijo spent most of her career sitting on the bench. She is not the greatest of setters, but a good one, and being a local many teams could use her. I remember her being really good in Praia and still sitting on the bench (I don't remember who was the starting setter that season)

• I don't understand why did Ju Carrijo spent most of her career sitting on the bench. She is not the greatest of setters, but a good one, and being a local many teams could use her. I remember her being really good in Praia and still sitting on the bench (I don't remember who was the starting setter that season)

She was a starter during a few years in Praia, and then she benched for Claudinha. I like her. She used to have great connections with her MBs and OPP but her sets to zone 4 are simply awful. This was a huge problem in 2013/2014 when Praia had this amazing line up with Herrera, Kim Glass, Mari Steinbrecher and failed to reach semifinals once again. Ju Carrijo was mostly blamed for that because she performed very poorly in the quarterfinals.