Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• Praia and Pinheiros (a little more) are fighting but the game, at least for me, is very painful to watch. Too much errors, but can be related to the hot temperature and bad dynamic between Praia players.

But, i absolutely HATE matches without video check. The game needs video challenge to be fair, and its really upsetting to have so much referee errors.

And, Lloyd didnt play 2nd set and did not return for 3th set. Oh boy.

Lloyd was awful last night. Bad connections with everyone especially with Carol. But she actually came back at the end of the match

• She was very good on Tuesday when she came in as a sub for 5x1. Powerful spikes (3/3). I hope to see her play more. But Pinheiros is using a OH as OPP...maybe Payne will get this spot eventually during the season.

• Kelsie Payne was also an AVCA first team All-American in 2016 season. Hope she can develop into a better forum in the pro league, and fit to US NT. Right now the US NT is too weak at the Opposite position.

• Where is Diana Alecrim for São Caetano? She's not in the roster today. I was looking forward to watch her play and will have to settle with freaking Dayse instead...

• Barueri practically threw that set away. Nice to see Kasia playing well anyway.

• I found one!

Bauru is looking strong, I like Valentina Diouf's serve also aside from her spikes.

Barueri looks like a 2012 era mini all star team :D nice to see ofc :heart:

• I know it's only the first match but I don't think Barueri will go much further this season. Skowronska don't even jump anymore. Amanda is just terrible. Natinha is not ready to play as starter (and without a back up player). Thaisa is not (and probably won't) in the same level she used to. Milka is ok but unstable and unexperienced.

And just to say, I don't think Dani is playing well either. But it's hard for any setter to play with all your attackers and no one can kill one single ball... :down:

• I know it's only the first match but I don't think Barueri will go much further this season. Skowronska don't even jump anymore. Amanda is just terrible. Natinha is not ready to play as starter (and without a back up player). Thaisa is not (and probably won't) in the same level she used to. Milka is ok but unstable and unexperienced.

And just to say, I don't think Dani is playing well either. But it's hard for any setter to play with all your attackers and no one can kill one single ball... :down:

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this. Skowronska played well in the 1st set and then fell apart. Amanda's performance was pathetic.

Zé was very unfortunate while building this team. I'd be shocked if they go past the quarterfinals too.

At least Maira did well tonight? At first I thought she would be the player Zé would bench most often this season, but if things don't change, I can't see Barueri winning without her on court. Amanda is just... yikes.

• ROUND 1 stats

SESI/Vôlei Bauru 3x0 Hinode/Barueri video

Bauru: Valentina Diouf (OPP) 15, Yoana Palácios (OH) 12, Valquíria (MB) 7;

Barueri: Maira (OH) 12, Skowronska (OPP) 10, Thaísa (MB) 5;

MVP: Fabíola (S)

E.C. Pinheiros 3x1 Fluminense F.C.

Pinheiros: Yusleinis Herrera (OH) & Camila Paracatu (MB) 15, Kelsie Payne (OPP) 11;

Fluminense: Joycinha (OPP) 25, Pri Daroit (OH) 13, Lara (MB) 12;

MVP: Juju Perdigão (L)

Balneário Camboriú 0x3 DENTIL/Praia Clube

Camboriú: Ariane (OPP) 10, Paula Mohr (OH) 9, Ivna (OH) 6;

Praia Clube: Fabiana (MB) 12, Carol (MB) 10, Fê Garay (OH) 9;

MVP: Carli Lloyd (S)

BRB/Brasília Vôlei 1x3 Minas Tênis Clube

Brasília:

Minas:

MVP: Natália (OH)

São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano 1x3 AUDAX/Osasco video

São Caetano: Dayana Segovia (OPP) 15, Fernanda Tomé (OH) 14, Fê Ísis (MB) 11;

Osasco: Angela Leyva (OH) 21, Walewska (MB) 18, Hooker (OPP) 15;

MVP: Claudinha (S)

SESC/Rio de Janeiro x Curitiba Vôlei video

Rio de Janeiro:

Curitiba:

MVP: Yonkaira Peña Isabel (OH)