Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• The team is bad because it has no money

Thaisa, Dani Lins and Skow are probably receiving much much less because of injuries and pregnancy.

• The team is bad because it has no money

No, the team is bad because they were not able to invest right. They signed four good MB. Vivian and Lays are not unknown players. They should have signed one of them and with a youth player. And I would rather having two youth OH (Tainara and someone else), Maira and a decent OH instead of Amanda (who is not a cheap player nowadays, don’t ask me why) and Elina Rodriguez.

• Fluminense demolished Sesc today wow.. I was certain that they would choke by the end. Glad i was wrong. Joycinha is amazing, she put the whole team in another level already. And I liked a lot the new system with 2 liberos :D

Sesc desesperately needs Drussyla and Kosheleva is not good enough yet for the team :/

• The worst thing is Drussyla probably won't even reach her usual level until the season is over. Her injury takes months to recover and she's already expected to only return during the playoffs, so that might leave her a lot out of rhythm when it counts the most. Sesc so far looks like a mess. No reception, players look lost on court sometimes, Monique's been underperforming a lot since being integrated into the passing system... I don't know...

• ROUND 5

04/12/2018

Hinode/Barueri 2x3 AUDAX/Osasco stats video

Barueri: Skowronska (OPP) 32, Milka (MB) 17, Thaisa (MB) 14;

Osasco: Angela Leyva (OH) 26, Hooker (OPP) 16, Walewska (MB) 13;

MVP: Camila Brait (L)

ROUND 6

13/11/2018

E.C. Pinheiros 0x3 DENTIL/Praia Clube stats video

Pinheiros: Herrera (OH) 20, Mari Cassemiro (OPP) 14, Clarisse (OH) 12;

Praia Clube: Carol (MB) 15, Fê Garay (OH) 14, Fabiana (MB) 11;

MVP:

06/12/2018

Curitiba Vôlei 1x3 SESI/Vôlei Bauru stats video

Curitiba: Priscila (OH) 16, Sabrina (OPP) 12, Lazcano (MB) 7;

Bauru: Tifanny (OH) 20, Diouf (OPP) 16, Valquíria (MB) 12;

MVP: Valentina Diouf (OPP)

07/12/2018

SESC-RJ 1x3 Fluminense F.C. stats video

Rio de Janeiro: Yonkaira Peña (OH) 17, Kosheleva (OH) 11, Juciely (MB) 9;

Fluminense: Pri Daroit (OH) & Joycinha (OPP) 17, Leticia Hage (MB) 14;

MVP: Letícia Hage (MB)

Vôlei Balneário Camboriú 0x3 AUDAX/Osasco stats video

Camboriú: Paula Mohr (OH) 12, Ivna (OH) 11, Adri (MB) 9;

Osasco: Hooker (OPP) 16, Nati Martins (MB) 14, Leyva (OH) 10;

MVP: Angela Leyva (OH)

BRB/Brasília Vôlei 3x2 São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano

MVP: Renatinha (OPP)

• So now that the WCCH is over, how is everyone feeling about Minas, Praia and the league so far in general?

Might be way too early, but I actually think MInas have a good shot at winning Superliga this year. And I'm glad Mayany is stepping up and taking Mara's spot too, as she's been underperforming since last season. I'm also surprised she got a best MB nod too and I'm really glad for her as well. Hopefully she manages to keep on playing consistently throughout the season.

About Praia, I'm not too confident on them yet. It's still too early for anything and we've seen Paulo Coco do his thing for a few years now, almost taking Minas to the finals in 2016/2017 and then winning it all with Praia last year, so I don't know. I do think they're the two best teams this year, though, unless Sesc drastically improves once Drussyla comes back (which, imo, is unlikely given how she'll only return in the playoffs).

Fluminense and Osasco might round up the fight for the last spot in semifinals, and I'll be rooting for the former as I really like Fluminense's style. Wouldn't be mad it Barueri made it too, but we all know how unlikely that is. There's Bauru too, but eh...

• Before wccch i though that the reception of Minas was a little bit shaky, but after this 2 last games i dont think that anymore. They look really good when they play with passion and I think that they are the favorites

About Praia, i am hating every single bit of that team, they are trying to play fast but the are slowest than ever, carli cannot play with Fabiana even if her life depends on it. But they will play enough to go to play-offs. I dont know if they will win though

I believe in Bauru yet, if they can improve their psychological, it is a great group and Valentina is doing superbly well. The same with Fluminense, i really like the way they play too and although they have the same problems bauru has i think joycinha can fix that for them

Osasco i dont think will have stamina to go well like last season and the same for Barueri, they are older and weaker than last season

Sesc, i dont know. Bernardinho is a magician, but his team is really bad without Drussyla and Fabi (I cant handle Gabiru urgh)

• I feel bad for Fabiana... I bet a lot of fans like me included were very excited to watch her again in the World Stage.....but it was painful to watch her because the sets she was getting was trash after trash....I wish Coco let Ananda play in the bronze medal at least we could have seen the best of Fabiana....is funny because Sidney said Praia was a good team because they only had world class spikers....I wonder where all these world class players went?? LOL....At least we saw them against Altay and Thai......and he said Claudinha never made any difference for Praia..funny because Lloyd has been Praia`s worst player so far and Ananda has been saving their asses a lot. Oh well... I want Claudinha and Osasco in the final.

• Minas seem to have a good balance, and so they are my favourite for the league title. Praia is too inconsistent in passing. If they can improve that, then Carol and Fabiana could become more dominant - in this situation, Garay wont have so much block pressure and she can be lethal in that situation. Minas have been passing well, and this allows Macris to play really fast - and with Gabi and Natalia, that's dangerous. I've been pleasantly surprised by Fluminense - I guess Joycinha's still got it! You can never count out Osasco, but definitely Minas are strong favourites. The way they beat Priaia last time they met was very telling...

• Yeah, I don't know what's happening to Lloyd. Once/if she gets the connection with Fabiana right, they might improve a lot, but so far it's been a real mess. Fawcett is very 50/50 too and I wouldn't be surprised if we sometimes saw Rosa move to the OPP position like it happened today, especially since it's more than clear now she simply can't play as OH. Overall, I think we might see Ananda quite a lot once again this year, just like it happened last season when Claudinha messed up (constantly, dare I say). At least Carol has been doing great.

I do think Bauru can improve too, but it's hard to get out of the messiness they put themselves in sometimes. They can play great and they have a decent bench, which has already helped them in the Paulista finals, but they're still far from actually being a big team mentally.

Minas is the team I root for, but Fluminense comes as my second favorite this season. Gotta give a nod to Pri Daroit too - I gave her a lot of shit these last few years, but she's been amazing. I wouldn't be mad if these two plus Sesc and Praia made it to the semifinals. I can't stand most of Osasco's players and their audience, so for me they can rot.

• I think the american duo of Nicole Fawcett and Carli havent really been as impressive. Fawcett struggles to hit those out of system balls and they always have to try to go to Garay for offense, but she is just not tall enough... they might need to revisit those contracts.The other opposite is not great either, which makes it really difficult for them.

Carli definitely helps in blocking because she is very athletic, but her setting has been short of awful really..

• Minas is the team I root for, but Fluminense comes as my second favorite this season.

Definitely with you on that. The Bernadino formula for Sesc is not working anymore. He cant find a solution that works with the current players, but I suspect they will win enough to be in the playoffs - Between them an Osasco, one will lose out I think