Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• I guess the WCH is important both for Praia and Minas in two very different ways.

It was the confirmation for Praia that the system they want to put together is not working. I am sure Michelle won't last, that's a fact. She's worse than Amanda, so I think hiring her was not a good decision. Then, they need to decide what to do with Rosamaria. I don't think she should bench, but I don't think she should take Fawcett's spot either. Fawcett is an opposite who can score mostly with HIGH SETS. She's almost 32 years old, and she won't be the fastest attacker suddenly. So, I think Paulo should rethink the way the team is playing. Carli needs to adapt her style to the attackers she has because Praia ain't no USA NT to play with that crazy fast sets. There's an evident connection problem between the setter and attackers, and that's something they need to improve right away,since we're already on the 6th round of Superliga.

I believe Minas gained confidence during WCH. The victory against Eczacibasi was very meaningful for the team, and I believe they are happy with the silver considering that they were there to try to make it to the podium. Among the top teams, Minas is the one playing better at the moment. On a negative note, we have to mention Minas' bench. Superliga is a long champsionship, and I don't know whether Malu, Lana and Georgia are ready to do anything more than serving. Minas has the worst bench in comparison to the top teams in SL.

About the other teams, I know it is soon, but all have shown a high level of inconsistency. Osasco is improving tho. I saw their last match and Hooker did a reasonable job. And I also think Angela Leyva is playing better than last season. But, IMO Sesc is the only team that can challenge Minas and Praia, because they have, in general, a good roster. I just don't think that passing with Monique, Gabiru, Kosheleva and Peña is a good option. Since Kosheleva and Peña are the ones playing better, I would like to see Peña as OPP, Kasiely and Kosheleva as OH. Monique is underperforming both in attack and reception.

• I feel bad for Fabiana... I bet a lot of fans like me included were very excited to watch her again in the World Stage.....but it was painful to watch her because the sets she was getting was trash after trash....I wish Coco let Ananda play in the bronze medal at least we could have seen the best of Fabiana....is funny because Sidney said Praia was a good team because they only had world class spikers....I wonder where all these world class players went?? LOL....At least we saw them against Altay and Thai......and he said Claudinha never made any difference for Praia..funny because Lloyd has been Praia`s worst player so far and Ananda has been saving their asses a lot. Oh well... I want Claudinha and Osasco in the final.

You love me man <3 sorry, I'm married already

• Rio so far has the worst reception in the league from the games I've seen. It was only a matter of time until they began struggling to be honest. Kosheleva, Peña, Monique and Gabiru together was a time bomb just waiting to happen. Bernardo really needs to work something out and I'm afraid that means either benching Kosheleva or moving her to the OPP position, with Kasiely (and then Drussyla when she returns) and Peña as starter OHs.

• Rio so far has the worst reception in the league from the games I've seen. It was only a matter of time until they began struggling to be honest. Kosheleva, Peña, Monique and Gabiru together was a time bomb just waiting to happen. Bernardo really needs to work something out and I'm afraid that means either benching Kosheleva or moving her to the OPP position, with Kasiely (and then Drussyla when she returns) and Peña as starter OHs.

I believe the best option would be Peña as OPP. Her best games last season was as Monique’s substitute. She could help the reception system as well. Then Kosheleva can still attack from position 4.

Monique has been the worst receiver and worst attacker in comparison with Koshe and Pena. I don’t see any reason to keep her in the starting team.

• I believe the best option would be Peña as OPP. Her best games last season was as Monique’s substitute. She could help the reception system as well. Then Kosheleva can still attack from position 4.

Monique has been the worst receiver and worst attacker in comparison with Koshe and Pena. I don’t see any reason to keep her in the starting team.

Yeah, you're right, didn't thought of that for some reason. I suppose Bernardo is stubborn in benching Monique...

• while I agree with you guys on Kosheleva, she was also literally the only player in Rio reliable offense-wise. That whole team is a mess and a bad bunch that don't work together.

Pena, Monique, the MBs none of them were great at killing a ball in the various Sesc matches I watched, so they for sure must have Koshe in the team. Honestly, only Drussyla could possibly save this team. Otherwise I just see 1 big hitter with terrible defense and reception with a group of mediocre players and thats nothing special.

Fluminense, Praia and Minas are my faves :rose::rose: especially Fluminense

• beri, i don’t know the stats but pena is definitely killing the ball, it’s not only koshe who’s doing it.

Well, I really didn't like Pena's offensive game, she might kill a ball here and there but definitely not reliable in offense. I'm actually someone that likes her, but she didn't seem so good yet in the league. Somehow she doesn't seem fit/athletic enough to me atm..?

Edit: well it seems the two matches I didn't watch of Rio she was MVP. Hmm still think she is not doing great.

• i think it was the loss to flu that i watched, pena was impressive not just with her power but also well-placed tips, cut shots, and sharp diagonals, she had it all. we always knew she was very strong but now she’s got lots of different shots.

• Pena is the best player in Rio. Kosheleva is awful as she has been for a few years now. I feel sad for her. I like her a lot, but she can't pass and she will never be able to do so.

• i watched a few matches of the braz. league so far (and none of turkish and italian... who has time to watch it all?) i have trouble remembering clubs and who plays for who (it's easier with NTs), but i have found it so much fun to discover new players i did not know. even a team like pinheiros -- they have no stars, a few aging players (roberta (MB), herrera, casemiro, all over 30) , and yet they are hanging tough with the big teams. it's been fun.

how are marin and segovia doing in BRA?