Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• how are marin and segovia doing in BRA?

Not really well I believe. Their team just won their first match like yesterday against the other team in the bottom of the standings. Segovia is having a lot of trouble killing the ball.

• Could Jaque be the solution for Rio's problems? I read that she may go there on an IG page..

Well I really don’t know what’s her phisycal condition right now. What I know is that she is not training with any club or practicing alone. Her last official match was in March, and during the first week of Nations League she was only tested as libero, but never a starter player. So it would be a really risky move by Rio, considering that Jaqueline has announced before that she won’t play for any club that does not pay what she thinks the deserves.

• Well, Jaque hasn't really made a difference for any team she's played in since... London? I doubt she could add much to any of the top teams these days.

• Well, Jaque hasn't really made a difference for any team she's played in since... London? I doubt she could add much to any of the top teams these days.

Actually she did well while playing for Osasco 12/13 and Minas 14/15. In both occasions, she was the best player of these teams.

I still think she could contribute to a team, especially with her reception and defense skills.

However, it is hard to catch up when you sign with a team after like 6 or 7 rounds. Every season Jaque has the same problem: she asks for money she doesn’t deserve anymore and she only wants to play in São Paulo. And there are not many clubs that have the money to pay her in the city.

• Yeah, she was good in Minas, but then the entire team was basically at their peak too and it still wasn't enough to achieve anything. Then she went to SESI (and killed the team), Minas again and then Barueri and she didn't do much in all three ocasions. I absolutely love watching her play when she has her head in the game and her team, but at this point she's basically ruined her club career.

• Sesc having one of those games where everything is going well and everyone's contributing. I really love watching Brazilian middles...Walewska, Mayhara, Juiciely... just really great. Walewska is still such a good player- her international experience really shows.

• They are! Destinee Hooker is really not at the level. It seems she hasnt been for a while, or maybe the expectations were just too high (myself included)..

• Curitiba won 3x0 against Fluminense, last set 34x32 and now they are in second place, go go go Curitiba! I like Fluminense but I am from Curitiba, so im freaking happy right now lol

• i just finished watching first set of rio x osasco. what a messy set by both teams, in spite of some amazing spikes by both hooker and kosheleva. OTOH why even let koshe receive serve? pena doing it full time can't be worse than that. the image of gabiru and koshe colliding said it all... but walewska and nati martins did well too, but they lost the set.

vivi -- another super short OH, like thaisinha and carla... she better grow a little bit more or it'll be hard for her to make it to the NT.

i say that i don't like ze, but i had forgotten about rezende. he's even worse than ze... what a &%$#@*(&.

• Osasco :lol:

Minas with another turnaround, being 20-24 down in the third set and taking the game 29-27. Next Friday against Sesc shall be fun.

• Osasco tried to make fun of Minas because they didnt win the WCCH, look who's laughing now :lol:

• what happened? I know Minas won silver

Osasco posted a photo of their star in their logo because they are the last brazilian world champions with "we know how hard is to win this star". I know that is a health form of banter but you need to play big instead of only talk big.