Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• Here's what happened in a nutshell: something happened with Herrera and the referees and she was awarded a red card. Then, after a point, she kept verbally "attacking" the main referee, who then expelled her from the match. This is where it gets tricky: Pinheiros, her team, had already used all their subs for that set and could not replace Herrera after she got expelled, which is why the game ended at 21-20 for the other team. It was basically a technicality because the rules are weird and don't allow an expelled player to be subbed after the team had already used all their 6 subs.

• Ugh Herrera... I remember when she played with Nilüfer many opponents/referees had problems with her attitude as well. She did not change a bit I see.

Does anyone remember KimYK vs Herrera :lol:

Here Kim complains to ref in Turkish bcs Herrera is deliberately trying to hit the FB players in the face/she looks at their face and aims for it when spiking :aww:

• Ugh Herrera... I remember when she played with Nilüfer many opponents/referees had problems with her attitude as well. She did not change a bit I see.

Does anyone remember KimYK vs Herrera :lol:

Here Kim complains to ref in Turkish bcs Herrera is deliberately trying to hit the FB players in the face/she looks at their face and aims for it when spiking :aww:

Thanks for reminder, that's like sweetest moment of Kim<3<3<3 I'm so happy that she is back to turkey:super:

• i suppose in pro sports, you can't just play with 5 players on court as we amateurs do????

herrera seems to be a hot-head, which a lot of people are, but to act so freaking unprofessional -- i'm surprised any teams would hire her.

i heard ramirez was pretty bad too, well, a lot of cuban players have had that reputation in the past, fairly or not... in the GP decades ago, two players punched each other on the bench, and there was another match in which a cuban player went over and hit a BRA assistant coach (a man). i saw a video on YT long ago but don't remember any other details anymore (no, this was not atlanta 1996).

• Here`s the video of how it all went down. Herrera is a Diva...she was ready to knock the ref. down on the floor, she was not having it....and I loved it...bring it on. :super: People that thinks woman should act nice and polite all the time r so far behind. They are allowed to show their emotions.

I love players with a bad attitude.....I would love to see Ebrar vs a Cuban.

• i suppose in pro sports, you can't just play with 5 players on court as we amateurs do????

No, you need to have six players on court. Recently a French team got defaulted from the match in CEV Cup because they travelled to an away game with only 6 players and one of them got injured and was unable to continue playing. They had no one to substitute her, so they had to forfeit the match.

So this was a combination of two rules in effect: the number of substitutions allowed per set and the number of players required on the court. TBH, I think it's fair and there shouldn't be any loopholes regarding the max substitutions rule or coaches would inevitably start abusing them.

Her Facebook post, though. :rolll::rolll::rolll: She vows she'll kill the referee with her bare hands the next time she sees him and warns him that he should pray never to be assigned to any of her matches in the future, because she swears on her son's name that her first spike will go directly to his face.

Be careful, gurl. Depending on a jurisdiction, posting stuff like that on the Internet can get you in a lot of trouble.

• Ramirez was quite a hot head all the years she played in Brazil, much to no one's surprise, but I don't remember Herrera ever acting like this, at least to this extent. Her FB post is hilarious, though. If only the referee would work on another one of the games she's in this year... :lol:

• amazing. this pope cannot countenance ze screaming at dani lins, but he approves of herrera threatening physical violence against a referee, and calls her a diva.

i hope there's some sanctions against her, suspension and a fine.

I hope some sanctions for pope too, this kind of attitude should not be promoted in a volleyball forum!:down::mad:

• In a game without broadcast (who knows why), Minas lost its first, against Barueri. It seems that Skow and their 2 MBs played really well. I was took by surprise to see that a poor team like Barueri could win against Minas but they are doing well lately, so, kudos to ZRG.

• In a game without broadcast (who knows why), Minas lost its first, against Barueri. It seems that Skow and their 2 MBs played really well. I was took by surprise to see that a poor team like Barueri could win against Minas but they are doing well lately, so, kudos to ZRG.

I didnt see mayany scored. Sigh but thats ok

• Diouf's portuguese is better than mine wow. She (and the entire team) played really bad but she is so sweet. Skowronska speaks really well too, so nice to see this kind of professionalism.