Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• It's like a different match now with Osasco playing much better with Paula on the court and Skowronska now can't kill a ball.

• Did I step into a time machine? Last 2 sets Hooker was playing like it was 2012, seriously she was that good.

But Barueri crumbled horribly. I feel bad for Thaisa because she gave it everything and was let down by her team-mates. :wall:

• Hooker giving the Viva Volei trophy to Paula was a very nice gesture. Both Hooker and Paula deserved the trophy - Hooker for being a beast and Paula for helping turning things around for Osasco.

I feel so bad for Dani Lins and Thaisa. They worked their asses off. But it is good to see the magical connection is still there sometimes.

A quick question tho -- where is Jaque? I thought she is playing with Barueri. Do you guys think having her on court could turn things around for Barueri?

• Thaisa was having the match of her life. Is safe to say she`s back for good. Barueri would have won in 3...Dani Lins was playing great but all of the sudden Pani-Lins shows up and Thaisa`s glory comeback is ruined.

She stopped feeding Thaisa which was nearly unstoppable and kept setting the wing spikers while they kept getting blocked and could not score. Kasia was totally out of gas after 3 sets.

Jaque would not have done anything...Barueri simply chocked....as usual. They made so many stupid mistakes, like if they were afraid to win. Hopefully they can get it together and win game 3.

Tainara is the kinda of OH Brazil needs. I would have to google her height. But I would assume she`s like 1.85 to 1.90. Ze Roberto should invite her to the NT and leave Pani-Lins out.

• I was so happy to see the fire that Thaisa had these 2 matches. She's finally getting comfortable on court. She was a monster on blocking and attacking.

But what is Pani-Lins tho? :lol::lol::lol: Would you explain? :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I do like Tainara. She played her role well. I hope she gets into a better team next season, like SESC.

I do agree about Dani Lins, she seemed to be a bit inconsistent nowadays. It is time for Coach Ze to invest full time on Macris & Roberta.

• I actually heard of "Pani-Lins" on youtube chat.

Panic is Portuguese is Pani . So whenever Dani Lins is under pressure she panics. So people call her Pani-Lins.

Dani Lins was a amazing setter, but she is not the same after giving birth.

Sesc and Bauru have each 1 win. They will play Game 3 on Tuesday ( or WED) , the winner moves on to face Praia Clube.

Osasco and Barueri plays Game 3 on Tuesday (or WED) the winner will face Minas in the semis.

• LMFAO but that name makes sense. I remembered back then when Fofao leave the team Dani Lins was having a hard time filling in such a HUGE shoes left by Fofao. But she did alright. London 2012 gold medal has her name written all over it imo.

I think it is gonna be another Praia, SESC, Osasco, and Minas on the Final 4. I wish Barueri can step up tho. I would love to see Thaisa on the big stage once aagain.

• Monique was having a good game. It is good to see her this effective once again. Hopefully next season SESC can have a better receiving and attacking OH duo so Monique can focus on attacking once again.

Bia & Juciely duo on their good day can be a nightmare to any team. I wish Mayhara would leave and find another team coz she is too much of a potential to be wasted on the bench. SESC's blocking was very good on the first set. All of Bauru's wing spikers had a hard time going through their blocks. Does anyone has stats on how many blocks and service aces SESC raked in this match? Insane!

Overall, SESC was playing very good. They didn't give Bauru a chance at all. I think Bauru should start with Edinara & Naiane. But I don't know if that will make a difference since every single one person on court for SESC contributed to the win. Juciely with 58.1% efficiency truly deserved the Viva Volei.

• Monique was having a good game. It is good to see her this effective once again. Hopefully next season SESC can have a better receiving and attacking OH duo so Monique can focus on attacking once again.

Bia & Juciely duo on their good day can be a nightmare to any team. I wish Mayhara would leave and find another team coz she is too much of a potential to be wasted on the bench. SESC's blocking was very good on the first set. All of Bauru's wing spikers had a hard time going through their blocks. Does anyone has stats on how many blocks and service aces SESC raked in this match? Insane!

Overall, SESC was playing very good. They didn't give Bauru a chance at all. I think Bauru should start with Edinara & Naiane. But I don't know if that will make a difference since every single one person on court for SESC contributed to the win. Juciely with 58.1% efficiency truly deserved the Viva Volei.

If I remember correctly it was 20 blocks, 10 by Juciely. SESC played like champion and gave a masterclass to SESI about how to play volleyball. It's unbelievable how bad is SESI reception and I blame Anderson for that. He tries to be a Bernardinho type of coach who yells at his players, but Bernardinho knows he can do that and they will improve. Anderson destroys SESI's confidence EVERY SINGLE GAME, its ridiculous. Even Fabiola can't handle him anymore (she is not one of the best people to deal with, but she is very professional. she isnt even listen to Anderson anymore). Balneario Camboriu could do a better job than SESI in these playoffs.

• bejeeezus, i just love juci. one of my favorite MBs in BRA forever, i'm so sorry she didn't go to london. BRA has so many great MBs, even andressa or nati martins could be in the NT.

so disappointed with diouf... i don't know if it's that the sets are too low for her, but she can't kill the ball.

i can't stand rezende, but now anderson is really annoying me... what an awful way to talk to his players. doesn't seem to know what to do either.

• bejeeezus, i just love juci. one of my favorite MBs in BRA forever, i'm so sorry she didn't go to london. BRA has so many great MBs, even andressa or nati martins could be in the NT.

so disappointed with diouf... i don't know if it's that the sets are too low for her, but she can't kill the ball.

i can't stand rezende, but now anderson is really annoying me... what an awful way to talk to his players. doesn't seem to know what to do either.

Diouf is confusing me. one match she is playing great, the next one (like this one) she is soooooooo lazy and barely played.

• i don't think she's lazy but obviously she's not going to be a great defender with her height. but she's not quick and mobile as an attacker either, and i think she needs very well-tailored sets, she can't adjust to bad sets. many players can, but not her, so she'll dink. but she's hitting a lot of balls very low, into the block.

tifanny too does that. you'd think they are both tall and would try to hit at the edge of the block instead.