Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• also, hooker might be peaking at the right time, but she did not show this kind of form even mid-season. the few matches i saw, she wasn't impressive, leyva and other OHs were outscoring hooker.

She definitely had a few poor games but also some very good ones. I'm not sure how consistent she could be against top NTs but she was the 2nd top scorer in the regular season I believe, so there's still plenty of talent in there.

• speaking of NTs, i wonder if they'll bring back monique and mari costa... they're playing well, no?

I doubt it about Monique. Monique has been a very consistent OPP for the past few years, but she is short. She had her stints in the NT and it didn't work out.

Now I am curious how SESC is going to rebuild their team next season after the most disappointing finish in 2 decades. I wonder if the team is weaker now or everybody else just got better.

Any thoughts on Roberta's performance this season? Is she still worth the starting place as a setter on the NT?

• They're weaker, as all the others.

The level here is worse and worse.

Till 2012 the brazilian teams could easily beat the europeans, but now they're just average.

• Any thoughts on Roberta's performance this season? Is she still worth the starting place as a setter on the NT?

lol no. Dani, Macris and Fabíola are all ahead of her. She'll be with the NT, though.

speaking of NTs, i wonder if they'll bring back monique and mari costa... they're playing well, no?

Not really. Monique had a horrible season playing as a receiving OPP, while Mari is just alright (imo I'd even say she's way overrated).

• Apparently the Tiffany controversy is not over yet. A lot of fans stills does not agree with her playing with the women.

During the game, after Tiffany scored a attack point Bernardinho turned to his bench and said "That`s a man attack"...later he did apologize.

https://olharolimpico.blogosfe…re-tifanny-e-se-desculpa/

Everybody play this card when they lose. Its fucking disgusting! Mari Paraiba said the same when they lost in Paulista. Bernardinho has only himself and his "no-reception" team to blame.

• lol no. Dani, Macris and Fabíola are all ahead of her. She'll be with the NT, though.

Not really. Monique had a horrible season playing as a receiving OPP, while Mari is just alright (imo I'd even say she's way overrated).

I think roberta and macris did an awesome season for the superliga. Its just that the 3rd ball of sesc isnt realiable and the first ball of seac doesnt have reception. Ive seen her play against minas and praia. Im loving her withdrawals.. i have rumors for roberta in galasataray but if i were her, il sign with dentil praia or hinode barueri. In praia u have 6-7 point players there.

As for macris, i like her style of play. Very fast. I miss a setter that does sets her third ball to the middle blockers not only during a good reception or a counter attack but during times eveyone would think the setter would give the third ball to the outside hitters(oh)z

Fabiola in so many years since ive watched brazilian games in youtube has been very consistent. She just have a mediocre season at volero after the departure of akinradewu. But fabiola has been there but not called to be a starter of the national team as it was always dani lins. Im happy she agreed to the project with sesi-bauru and there we can tell that even if a small club invites u and u have talent u can really passes through the qualifying rounds. Whats inconsistent with sesi bauru is their pass. The libero is good but the reception isnt. Vanessa janke is ok with reception with her attacks is really wuestionable. The cubana isnt good with two at all. Should edinara play as oh and with more time, i’l bet this girl among others. The problem with valentina diouf is that she really has bad days and better days with more bad days than better days.

Tiffany spikes really hard with same with tandara, with no angle most of the time. Valquiria is really growing along with andressa. Saraelen is really benched sad for her.

The biggest disappoint for me in the setter position is dani lins. she already had a season with some of this hinode barueri players but her sets are too aweful. Most sets are really to the opposite with no trust to tainara and amanda. When thaisa is in front she does give attack to her but if not it is really skowronska. That’s why, their plays are really readable by their opponents.

• Apparently the Tiffany controversy is not over yet. A lot of fans stills does not agree with her playing with the women.

During the game, after Tiffany scored a attack point Bernardinho turned to his bench and said "That`s a man attack"...later he did apologize.

https://olharolimpico.blogosfe…re-tifanny-e-se-desculpa/

This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard - trans man playing in pro women's league. I hope it will never be allowed on world stage.

Of course I'm not against anyone, but woman body is much different than man.

Also Katarzyna Skowrońska gave an interview about this and the pointed it very good:

Last season, the case of Tiffany Abreu, a transsexual female contestant in Volei Bauru, was discussed for a long time. Do you remember the opinions of the Brazilian volleyball world about her performances in the women's league?

I do not hide it, it was also a controversial situation for me, and the whole thing was widely commented on in the country and it is hardly surprising. Besides, similar situations happen even in athletics and also provoke discussions. I do not quite agree with the view that Tiffany should appear in women's competition, because despite her gender change, her entire skeleton, muscular and nervous system remained masculine and this can not be deceived. I have a lot of tolerance for every human being, I do not mind any race or sexual orientation. If someone is going to change, even radically, I have no problem with that.

But if someone has become a woman, he still has many typically male traits and Tiffany will always be stronger or more lively than me, although I have many years of training behind me. In the fifth set I have to find a lot of strength in me to reach the end of the match at a good level, and she is able to play longer thanks to the greater lung capacity. Where's justice here?

But in the last league match your club defeated the Tiffany Abreu team 3: 0, which shows that it is not unstoppable.

I remember her from the previous season and then she was actually unstoppable, now it's different and we can only guess why Tiffany has such a hesitation of form. I realize that she must take a lot of hormones to lower body testosterone levels and to meet the requirements imposed by various organizations in research, hence a worse disposition. But I do not change my opinion that our network is too low for her and it is not entirely fair.

This year, her theme is not so loud, but in the previous season Tiffany caused a lot of controversy, and Ze Roberto seriously wondered whether to call her to the team and create a precedent. I personally think that it would not be in line with the spirit of fair play in volleyball and I would not like us to go in this direction.

• I agre with every single word.

• It's kinda funny how people are terrorized by transsexual players. It looks like 10 of them will be playing on each team. Tiffany is just an exception. I don't see any gay volleyball player in the world willing to change sex and play against women. Simona Ameri plays in Serie A2 and there's no real deal about it, 'cause she just plays as libero. The real trouble for someone is, IMHO, that Tiffany is actually a better player than most of the girls in the league and she would lock up her NT spot if she ever gets a call. And the opponents feel powerless against her, but she's not better than players like Boskovic, Egonu and Zhu, so what? "Tiffany is a man" is just an excuse for those who can't beat her on court.

Science says she can't play. That's it. Move on. And be better human beings.

• It's kinda funny how people are terrorized by transsexual players. It looks like 10 of them will be playing on each team. Tiffany is just an exception. I don't see any gay volleyball player in the world willing to change sex and play against women. Simona Ameri plays in Serie A2 and there's no real deal about it, 'cause she just plays as libero. The real trouble for someone is, IMHO, that Tiffany is actually a better player than most of the girls in the league and she would lock up her NT spot if she ever gets a call. And the opponents feel powerless against her, but she's not better than players like Boskovic, Egonu and Zhu, so what? "Tiffany is a man" is just an excuse for those who can't beat her on court.

Are you serious?

My life approach is that I'm not judging anyone but I don't lose a reason because of that. Kasia described it very good - Tiffany has men's body and all of the men's body features.

I remember how during WGP 2010 finals in Ningbo, Polish player Karolina Kosek lost consciousness during warm-up, because of strong menstruation. Tiffany doesn't have such moments; also many female players on the court have to play with this "women's" pain. Taking a few pills to lover the level of testosterone is funny masking. At this point I would like to send words of respect for all female players who have to face this difficult days on their lives and be good player at the moment, respect :flower:.

Decision about transgender at this point/time is a key. If won't solve the issue at the begging, than it can be only harder with the time.

• While I do sympathise to some degree with players who feel at a disadvantage, all elite athletes have an "advantage" over other people. I mean it doesn't matter how hard she works or what methods she uses, Skowronska never be as tall as Diouf and will never jump as high as Mireya Luis. Tiffany isn't the best player in the world or even the league so whatever advantage she has still allows other women to be competitive with her.

I think it's a tough issue to be honest but I'll agree with whatever the scientists decide and at the moment they must think it's fair for Tiffany to compete against women so I guess that's the best option. That doesn't mean anyone who disagrees is a bigot or a transphobe, obviously the women competing against Tiffany will her their own views and that is understandable.

First of all I respect her, and I support her in her change I wish her all the best in this World. If She is happy than who Am I to judge her ? For me She will never be 100% women, that is IMPOSSIBLE... Don't play on this card that is idiotic, just because We don't agree about some things it doesn't mean that We are against her as human. Science helped her to become what She was inside, and become women but like other said Something you just can't change, not yet. In future probably.

• What? Read carefully and you'll find out I was referring to those who play the card "Tifanny is a man".

I think I'll be gone from this forum for a while. Too many drama. People spend more time talking about the other users and insulting each others than talking about volleyball.

• What? Read carefully and you'll find out I was referring to those who play the card "Tifanny is a man".

I think I'll be gone from this forum for a while. Too many drama. People spend more time talking about the other users and insulting each others than talking about volleyball.

Pls no. :flower:

• There are super tall players playing volleyball and one can claim that it is not fair to let them play volleyball because it gives them extra advantage.

She lost most of his muscles after the hormone therapy and she can't jump as high as before neither. She has the right to play what she is passionate about. Players like Skowronska should stop bitching about Tiffany and focus on their game. Many players have different advantages over an average player. Some are very tall, some jumps crazy high, some are more muscular or more explosive. But no one can discriminate them just because they can do something better than you.

• Nonsense, like Sisko said, this way everyone can have their disadvantages based on many things as for example height. Also on the male body having more lung capacity for example; people of African origin/black athletes also have naturally larger lungs and a more athletic body as well, many countries seek out for such players because of that. Now what's next, we divide volleyball also between races? :aww:

Nah thanks, let's just stick to what the doctors agree on. In the end they're the only ones doing proper research on this matter. Yes, men are naturally much stronger and more powerful, even taller. But as people here said there's so many ways in which some people have advantages over others. Unless we get entire teams full of transgender women/people deliberately look for them I personally don't see a problem.