Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• i guess leyva is a liability as a passer but she's probably a better attacker than paula...

Yes. But against Barueri Paula did a decent job in attack as well and Hooker played so well that they needed stable passing more than extra scoring power.

• Rio is out! OMG! :white::what:

It's impressive the role Fabi played both in the NT and in her last club since 2005 when she became a solid player. In the NT, Brazil went to the finals in every single tournament for 7 years, including two Olympic Games and two World Championships. Then, she retired and Brazil got eliminated before finals in so many tournaments that I cannot even count, including last two World Championships and the Olympics on home turf. Playing for Rio, it was 12 finals in a row in Superliga, I guess. Then, she retires and the team got eliminated in the semifinals just one year later.

I have no idea what is going on with our programme. We don't produce solid passers and great defenders anymore and Brazilian volleyball can't live like this.

By the way, congratulations to Minas and Praia!

• Rio is out! OMG! :white::what:

It's impressive the role Fabi played both in the NT and in her last club since 2005 when she became a solid player. In the NT, Brazil went to the finals in every single tournament for 7 years, including two Olympic Games and two World Championships. Then, she retired and Brazil got eliminated before finals in so many tournaments that I cannot even count, including last two World Championships and the Olympics on home turf. Playing for Rio, it was 12 finals in a row in Superliga, I guess. Then, she retires and the team got eliminated in the semifinals just one year later.

I have no idea what is going on with our programme. We don't produce solid passers and great defenders anymore and Brazilian volleyball can't live like this.

By the way, congratulations to Minas and Praia!

You're back!

Fabi was very much what Serginho was for the male NT. She wasn't just a libero, she was a leader. We saw how the male NT managed to win gold in Rio with his presence, while the female NT... yeah. Gabiru was the one I expected to fullfil Fabi's shoes because she's more assertive on court and she could play the leader role, but she still has a long road to go in terms of technical qualities. It's unfortunate we don't have someone in the same caliber as De Gennaro these days.

• Carol is incredible. She's already had like 8 blocks in this match and now starting to score a few attack points as well :super:

• Fawcett having a HUGE game and Minas choking.. And I thought that after Garay's injury it would be 3-0.. We are going to tie break

• Praia's reception in the 5th set :white:

Overall they relied too much on Fawcett who was fantastic but Minas are too good to lose to a team with just one reliable attacker. Lloyd needs to work on her connection with the MBs.

• Praia's reception in the 5th set :white:

Overall they relied too much on Fawcett who was fantastic but Minas are too good to lose to a team with just one reliable attacker. Lloyd needs to work on her connection with the MBs.

I agree, but the reception was bad. I was praying not to fall apart, and it did. I mean it was expected.. shame they couldn't win the match

• The result would have been different if Garay had not been injured. She has been performing so well.

How is her injury?

I'm not so sure it would. She barely did anything in the first set. Plus Rosamaria played well, just like the last match between both teams (where Garay was also out and Praia won 3-2).

We'll probably have info about her injury tomorrow following exams, but I guess she'll be out for the rest of the finals. Ankle sprains usually take 2-3 weeks to heal, unless it's a severe one (which I don't think it is). They might rush her into the third game if there's one, but I wouldn't count on it.

• I watched back set 3, 4 en 5. I think it was a stupid decision to start with Rosamaria on serve in the fifth set instead they should have started with her on the net.

Fawcett played a good match also the blocking of Carol is just amazing she deserves to be a starter in national team! About Lloyd, indeed she can play more with the middle blockers but the reception most of the times doesn't allow her to do that. She deserves big credits for her amazing defence! She takes all the balls off the ground and also contributes a lot in block.

• Praia just released a press statement that they will try to recover Garay from her injury as soon as possible. They haven’t confirmed if she will be able to play, but she’ll undergo to more medical exams in the following days.