CEV Champions League 2019

• With the win of the fourth set, i.e. two sets in total, Budowlani Lodz also proceeded to the pool stage - Mulhouse had to win the fourth set to take it to the decisive Golden Set.

Budowlani advanced to the next stage of the competition, despite the injury of Julia Twardowska. They want to sign the new OH but it might be hard. Club president said they won't hire foreign player because of the limits in the polish league (3 foreigners). Because of that, they're looking for polish outside hitter.

• I think with Ognjenovic reinforcing Dinamo Moscow, they will reach Final Four for sure as far as Gonchi (xD) is healthy (is she?). Maja is one of the very few setters in the world who can confuse opponent's block despite of playing a high ball (which possibly will be the case, since it's a Russian team)

edit: how long will Twardowska recover? who can be the Polish OH, I have literally no idea... Elzbieta Skowronska is the only player who came across my mind, where is she playing this season?

• In just one week first matches of CL will start ! :D

Two for me the most interesting matches are:

Imoco Conegliano vs Scandicci 20:30 (CET)

Dinamo Moscow vs Fenerbahce 19:00 (local time)

With Goncharova back I see Moscow as fav, and Conegliano in other match but I expect good fights in both matches.

• Personally I think FB can win, as long as Fatma and libero play like they did vs VakifBank.

I'm curious to see Vasileva in CL :win:

Btw Congrats Stuttgart :box: didn't expect them to proceed after last rounds match.

• I agree, I just really want one more team to make some impact that is not Italian or Turkish.

• has Krotkova got well ?

Moscow is a good team

Maja- Goncharova

Havelkova - Shcherban

Fetisova - Lyubushkina

Talyeseva

they can win at home against Fener..Fener should limit the number of its mistakes..Vargas keeps missing her serves..her serve is very important and she must be stable at it

• I expect Conegliano to beat Scandicci quite easily. Imoco look very good already but Scandicci need more time to gel as a team before they can be a threat to the very best teams in the world.

Moscow and Fener is a very close match though. If FB play like they did v Vakifbank they will probably win but if they play like they did yesterday they will probably lose. Either way, Moscow’s reception line will have a really tough job, Minsk’s serves caused them a lot of problems and Fenerbahce are one of the best serving teams in the world so anything could happen.

• Personally I think FB can win, as long as Fatma and libero play like they did vs VakifBank.

I'm curious to see Vasileva in CL :win:

Btw Congrats Stuttgart :box: didn't expect them to proceed after last rounds match.

There are several factors to consider regarding Stuttgart:

1. on Saturday against Wiesbaden in German league our head coach finally found a well working group and stuck to it simply against Alba BLAJ a few days later, what proved to be the right decision (for example Sarah Wilhyte is not yet working with the other players well due to very limited training sessions, English weeks...)

2. our head coach is a very good video analyzer: without any doubt the coaching stuff did a great job of analyzing the abroad match and to fine tune the team precisely

3. at home we spectators do a lot for our players and they often response greatly, playing much better...

• Background TV rights in the top leagues opposed to Germany, the German local public TV station NDR reports:

https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/s…ne,randsportarten100.html

Shortly: while the big four leagues respective their teams can easily afford to play this competition (Turkey, Italy, Russia and Poland) also, because national free TV stations are buying the right to air it for not too little money now, in Germany no TV station was willing to do so. This limits seriously the views and sponsor contacts associated with it in the media and has a negative impact for the clubs here, especially Schwerin and Stuttgart - even Schwerin will get considerably minus in budget; I guess, they have some reserves to consume for it. But it is not clear, if Schwerin and Stuttgart can financially afford participation next year or the year after than... (men's teams Berlin and Friedrichshafen have some 100.000 Euro more budget, what should suffice to carry the extra costs as seen in the last years already).

• Because national free TV stations are buying the right to air it for not too little money now, in Germany no TV station was willing to do so.

In Poland, Canal + bought the rights to broadcast CL for the next 3 seasons. Polsat won't broadcast european cups at least until 2022. That means also in Poland the number of viewers will be lower because Canal+ Sport is cable tv.

• Their is no matches at laola1.tv schedule for 21.11 :(

• I don't feel like opening a new thread for this, so I may as well post it here. Stav Jacobi (the owner of Volero) has founded a new organization - the Association of Professional Volleyball Clubs (ACPV), which you can read about here. According to information in Serbian media, his ultimate goal is to create a closed basketball-style Euroleague where the top 12 strongest/richest clubs would have a guaranteed place through contracts.

So far, the answer from both the CEV and the FIVB has been a firm no, as one might expect. But things could get interesting over the next few years. I really don't think the current CL format is sustainable in the long run.

• I don't feel like opening a new thread for this, so I may as well post it here. Stav Jacobi (the owner of Volero) has founded a new organization - the Association of Professional Volleyball Clubs (ACPV), which you can read about here. According to information in Serbian media, his ultimate goal is to create a closed basketball-style Euroleague where the top 12 strongest/richest clubs would have a guaranteed place through contracts.

So far, the answer from both the CEV and the FIVB has been a firm no, as one might expect. But things could get interesting over the next few years. I really don't think the current CL format is sustainable in the long run.

Basketball Euroleague format >>>>> Volleyball CL

#facts

Make it happen to be honest!

• Basketball Euroleague format >>>>> Volleyball CL

#facts

Make it happen to be honest!

Attractive in theory, too many matches in practice.

• Their is no matches at laola1.tv schedule for 21.11 :(

Weird, they were there just a couple of days ago. Looks like free HQ CL streams are a thing of the past now ;(

• Then how about laola1? No more free CL live stream?

I just found something interesting.

The newly launched EuroVolleyTV is created by Sportradar. In fact, according to Wikipedia, Sportradar has already acquired the core business of Sportman Media Holding, including Laola1.at and Laola1.tv, in 2016.

Therefore, I guess there will be no more CL live on Laola1.