CEV Champions League 2019

• @hakin12...can you show me a pic of Goncharova without make-up...

alos,is this pic from something like her puberty era ?

No, its not. However, I do not see Malygina as something more than a woman with an ordinary face, but its okay if you have another opinion. For me a beauty is someone with extraordinary features and I just dont see them. This topic is not about this anyway.

• While Conegliano can run that quick game easily in Italy, it is much more difficult to do in the CL using the Mikasa. I think making the adjustment to the different ball can sometimes really hurt Italian teams. Still, they have been struggling for a few weeks now even in the domestic league and although they shouldn’t panic just yet, they need to improve a lot over the next few months.

Conegliano weren’t the only team in the match though, even if they played badly Schwerin still needed to give a great performance to win, so massive congratulations to them. :drink:

• what about her story ?

Well its maybe hard to tell someones life as a summary but I will try it with a short text here anyway :lol:

Well she grew up in poverty in China and said her family and she were quite miserable because they were so poor. She was tall and tried for basketball but they told her she was thin and weak, then she tried Volleyball and they liked her technique after a while. She saw volleyball as the only way for in life out of misery :"( but she also loved playing it and wanted to save her family. She said she doesn't care about materialistic things but wants to make enough money so her family never has to worry about it again and can live in a save, decent environment and she can give back to the place she once lived in.

I loved that when they compared her to other Chinese stars in sports she was like 'Oh no I don't take their place'. very humble lady. While she already has overachieved them. Many tell she is very sweet and kind of an innocent girl.

You know she just is like that little girl you see in China playing in the streets, and then a miracle happens to her and she becomes the best player in the world against all odds in and all hate in. I truly just think a person as her deserved all this, they should make a movie about Zhu :D

• Dinamo Kazan have to totally revamped their system if they want to stay competitive.

If it's not too late yet... The coach should also consider this changes:

Malygina to MB

Kotikova to OPP

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• this is Zhu :).. hoping to see her next and next year in the league too

• Kotikova received 61 serves and she held on. :white:

The attack had to improved but I really feel bad for her. She can't have this blame of the loss if you're being punished like that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I seriously doubt it, if they're gonna sign Egonu, that means Zhu is most likely going back to China.

No, Egonu and Zhu Ting will play together in the same Vakifbank team next year.

Lonneke will leave.

• Some more considerations: indeed German VBL teams play all the time the Mikasa, regardless if it is own league or CEV competitions, while Italy sticks to Molten in the women's league (funnily Italian men's superleague also uses Mikasa). Especially in the first matches of the season this can be a disadvantage for Italian teams meeting German teams of course, but generally speaking Italian teams competing in European Cups are technical very good and can adapt mostly quickly to the different ball, so it should not be overrated IMHO.

On the other hand German clubs know about the importance of strong, aggressive serves against strong contenders, and so Schwerin did an important thing naturally right: they served strongly and met a reception of Conegliano not stable enough. This may be an important issue, especially the Mikasa is indeed more difficult to receive well as the Molten ball, and if you exploit the spin behaviour of Mikasa, as most German league players do, the job becomes even more difficult.

But look on the roster of Imoco CONEGLIANO: they have much more quality than Schwerin in it, even considering their injury issues. So there is no good excuse for Conegliano, especially they knew before, that an opponent like Schwerin is not from the easy ones.

• By the way, I have studied statistics from Béziers vs. Maritza PLOVDIV (BUL) and discovered, that still (no more very long, I'm sure, French title will go to Mulhouse, Cannes or Volero Le Cannet) French champions played with a setup forbidden in French league, just using one French player. So their home league weakness may have as root, that they have to use some too weak French players there, which they don't need in CEV CL. But anyway, even considering this unusual aspect (I thought this kind of over hiring foreigners only for CL is only done in a few top leagues like Italy and Turkey) Stuttgart is favourite tomorrow for me.

• Is forbidden using one French player in French League? Volero's players are all foreigners except the L. I thought that Jacobi has said that in Switzerland Volero had to use two locals and thats one of the reasons they prefer to play in French league.

• Honestly, because I know well what Schwerin can do as team and what not: this was a rather poor performance by the defending Italian champions and should not happen this way. When last time VBL teams annoyed Italian teams, the latter could avert that attack as expected (this season Busto Arsizio vs. Dresden, last season Casalmaggiore against Stuttgart).

Stuttgart play last Season Pomi ?

Schwerin beat Pomi last Season 😉

• I told you many times Imoco is nothing without Hodge. Hill looks pretty done as an elite player. Sylla had the tournament of her life and now is back to her weak self. It makes more sense to play Tirozzi-Hill as starters, at least the passing allows Wolosz to play with the middles and they don't need the wing spikers to be involved so much.

They were just lucky enough last season that AGIL chocked very badly in the final. Skorupa and Sansonna very simply terrible and killed the team's confidence from inside.