CEV Champions League 2019

• gosh Chemik is just so bad, Fener is not struggling whatsoever, I stopped watching after Ana tried to kill the ball by herself back to back for fun as Chemik was definitely not coming close.... The tall Polish girl is so unathletic it hurts to watch, like she looks like she just started playing volleyball lmao. Busa the other OH, libero etc are not much better. Only their black MB is doing decent job at times.

• gosh Chemik is just so bad, Fener is not struggling whatsoever, I stopped watching after Ana tried to kill the ball by herself back to back for fun as Chemik was definitely not coming close.... The tall Polish girl is so unathletic it hurts to watch, like she looks like she just started playing volleyball lmao. Busa the other OH, libero etc are not much better. Only their black MB is doing decent job at times.

Interestingly, her stats is on par with Brakocevic in the polish league. But its obvious she isnt ready for this level yet. However, she is 18 years old and Gamova wasnt much better at this age, so there´s hope for the future.

• Novara won 3-0 without Egonu?

I saw only set 2 and she was not there. But they struggled a lot for the set and got it 32-34 only. Minchanka looks not so bad at all, Russian league is better then we think this year I would say.

Really? Have you seen more than just one match by them? Because saying that Stysiak is unathletic is such a lie. Shes 18 and shes doing a great job in Police. This match wasnt her best, but it was the first time she was playing with such a good team. Do you expect a 2.03m tall girl to jump very high and dig every ball? Ok, Busa and Grajber arent playing very well in this season but the libero is actually doing good.

• Really? Have you seen more than just one match by them? Because saying that Stysiak is unathletic is such a lie. Shes 18 and shes doing a great job in Police. This match wasnt her best, but it was the first time she was playing with such a good team. Do you expect a 2.03m tall girl to jump very high and dig every ball? Ok, Busa and Grajber arent playing very well in this season but the libero is actually doing good.

I somewhat agree. Comparing her with the likes of Gamova, Alisheva and Diouf, or the other ones above 200 cm, is the only thing that is fair in that aspect, and she certainly isnt far worse in the mentioned department than the two last mentioned.

• I don't think we can compare her to such a legend as Gamova yet, I don't know of Gamova when she was 18 but I know that she was great ever since her early 20s on. Gamova not only was incredibly tall, she was also incredibly thin (naturally) and she still managed to not have that as a con so we can not say she was not athletic imo. (Btw it would be nice if someone can share late 90s Gamova vid, I can't find it)

I can agree on Diouf case. Btw I didn't know Stysiak was 18! I thought she was in her early 20s. Indeed for a teenager she is quite impressive. Btw I also watched the other CL match of Chemik, she was pretty good if I recall correctly. Today she just looked really bad and unathletic, probably because she is so young and was expected to carry the team, too much pressure. I did not like the libero's game too much but with the OHs she has to work with I can't blame her...

• Oh please Gamova was once-a-generation kind of player and to compare her with the likes of Diouf is such a disservice. The closest we have today of her calibre is arguably Boskovic.

• Oh please Gamova was once-a-generation kind of player and to compare her with the likes of Diouf is such a disservice. The closest we have today of her calibre is arguably Boskovic.

They are both 200 cm+ players, that´s the only thing I was refering to. We need to compare Stysiak, at least in terms of athleticism, to the ones of her own size. I did not refer to general ability as such and had thus no intention to interconnect Diouf and Gamova in the same cluster in that regard.

• I don't think we can compare her to such a legend as Gamova yet, I don't know of Gamova when she was 18 but I know that she was great ever since her early 20s on. Gamova not only was incredibly tall, she was also incredibly thin (naturally) and she still managed to not have that as a con so we can not say she was not athletic imo. (Btw it would be nice if someone can share late 90s Gamova vid, I can't find it)

I can agree on Diouf case. Btw I didn't know Stysiak was 18! I thought she was in her early 20s. Indeed for a teenager she is quite impressive. Btw I also watched the other CL match of Chemik, she was pretty good if I recall correctly. Today she just looked really bad and unathletic, probably because she is so young and was expected to carry the team, too much pressure. I did not like the libero's game too much but with the OHs she has to work with I can't blame her...

yes, the OHs are Chemiks biggest problem, they both have quite good reception, but a terrible attack. Last games of Busa in Chemik are horrible, she looks like she doesnt care about the games. She played awful against Budowlani Łódź. Im a bit suprised because she was doing good during the World Championship.

• yes, the OHs are Chemiks biggest problem, they both have quite good reception, but a terrible attack. Last games of Busa in Chemik are horrible, she looks like she doesnt care about the games. She played awful against Budowlani Łódź. Im a bit suprised because she was doing good during the World Championship.

I noticed this attitude as wel...

• Fenerbahce is such a likeable team this season. Vargas is simply a joy to watch, Antonijević is running the show well, everyone is contributing and they seem to have amazing chemistry on the team. I really want them to do as well as possible, but their tendency to choke is really unfortunate and if they don't improve on that, it can cost them a lot. Things got really ugly out there at the end of the third set for no apparent reason.

No words about Chemik. That was just tragic.

Novara's MBs were racking up tons of points in Egonu's absence, so it is possible for Carlini to play a varied game. They have such a great roster and if everyone would be fully integrated and used properly, they'd be extremely difficult to beat. That said, I have no doubt that already in the next match they'll be going back to all Egonu all the time, which might still be enough to beat almost everyone, but damn, it's so dull.

• No one expects Schwerin could beat Imoco at 3:0. Schwerin's setter was amazing.

The configuration of a strong team will need a strong roster with a go-to player.

ECZ has Boskovic, Vakif has Zhu, Novara has Egnou.

As to Imoco, Hill, Sylla or Fabris are good players, but none of them is go-to player, even if they have highlights in some games.