CEV Champions League 2019

• Fivb or CEV is such a looser in comparison to fiba! First of all the matches have long long breaks in between the next one, severa years ago there was every week one match I guess 2 years ago they changed it to every 2 weeks and now it is (almost) every month one match, not to mention how boring and week the pool stages are!

And the most big problem now is, we have to pay to watch these matches, very smart move by them. We don‘t have to argue why volleyball is not popular as basketball look at fiba, every week a euroleague match and even a youtube live streaming (talking about womens basketball) I mean it could not be more nice!

• Also mens euroleague has only12 teams.(20 teams are too much). I would prefer 3 teams from turkey,3 italy,2 russia,2 germany,2 poland,2 france (14 teams without pools like euroleague) . and each year the best two of cev cup earn to spot in champions league the worst team champions league the opposite.also cev cup+challenge cup to be 1 competition with many teams and maybe pools :)

• İ agree, but I think 12 teams round robin might be too much due to the fact that nt season starts very early in volleyball. I think 2 groups of 6 would be the best. Also I think they shouldn't allocate so many fixed spots, instead there should be 2 or 3 qualification rounds to give the chance to newly forming strong teams every season. On the other hand, combining CEV cup and challenge cup would be a good idea, indeed too good for CEV to come up with😂

• I think, there were too many (weak) teams in CL qualification even in this season: only five of them were appropriate contenders for the two free berths in pool stage. So this is not the issue, but CEV should not accept some too weak teams even for qualification IMHO.

On the other hand, I think three pools of four could do the job as well... of course, more decent teams would have to play qualification than. I agree, that the seven strongest leagues are those, who are primarily eligible for this competition (Turkey, Italy, Russia, Germany, Poland, Romania, France).

• Tomorrow are the next three (respective first of this weeks 10) pool matches: Kazan stunned Moscow at last in Russia, but is underdog at home against Eczacibasi. The two Italian teams are the favourites in Lodz (Conegliano) and Cannes (Novara).

• I expect both the Italian teams to prevail without any severe difficulties. However, I would not be surprised in case Kazan managed to shake the Turkish side up a bit at least, they showed off a fairly convincing display and seemed to be in good shape when they defeated Moscow prior to this match in the last weekend. I wish they, once again, equips their roster with Kadochkina as OPP for most of the time instead of Malygina. Primary because Malygina isnt much of a contributing asset for the time but also given the fact reception is the soft spot for Kadochkina at this point as an OH. She makes as many errors in ten receptions as Ilchenko in 100, although I am able to sympathize with the experiment of her at this position in the light of her necessity on that position is higher for the NT than on the OPP-position since they are likely to be able to rely on Goncharova for at least some years to come from now on.

• Malygina 0/6 in the 1.set :down:

I dont understand why the coach of Kazan insists with having her on the court. Bavykina, who is on the bench now, would be a better option (to try as an OPP).

• Russian teams are embarrassing. Both Kazan and Moscow.:S

As I said, russian Superleague is a ghost ship. The level is terrible. The game is anachronistic. There are weaker (on the paper) leagues that are way more enjoyable: Puerto Rico, Finland, Germany, Romania, Greece. The russians are all about eight and power: zero passing and very weak technical skills.

• As I said, russian Superleague is a ghost ship. The level is terrible. The game is anachronistic. There are weaker (on the paper) leagues that are way more enjoyable: Puerto Rico, Finland, Germany, Romania, Greece. The russians are all about eight and power: zero passing and very weak technical skills.

Honestly, I think even Stuttgart would have now a real chance against Kazan, relations not thinkable a few years ago...

• Sylla, de Kruijf and Fabris are playing good so far this match. Hill was a bit shaky, but she already is playing better. Conegliano now leads easily 2-0