CEV Champions League 2019

• Interesting case regarding media coverage: the ACPV (Association des Clubs Professionelles de Volleyball) lead by Volero manager Stav Jacobi and a Turkish manager contacted the CEV for the Champions League. (members are both Polish leagues Plus and Siatkowki Kobiet, Budowlani Lodz, Eczacibasi and Galatasaray, Uralochka, Volero, Maritsa Plovdiv, two clubs from Serbia (including Partizan Vizura Beograd), RC Cannes, Alba Blaj and the Volero base club VBC Züri Unterland (Switzerland). If things go well, the situation may improve in future for us viewers as well? Let's keep up the hope at least.

• I can only judge this from Stuttgarts view: the most likely opponents in quarters would be Eczacibasi, Fenerbahce and Novara due current standings. From these Eczacibasi and Novara are unstoppable for the German league leaders and even Fenerbahce is a most difficult task, an upset would require poorer than usual play by Fenerbahce and a strategical and playing masterpiece by Stuttgart. The relations for Budowlani Lodz against possible opponents VakifBank, Fenerbahce and Eczacibasi are equally without realistic perspective.

But the mode the CEV has chosen as it is, and for both Stuttgart and Budowlani Lodz it would be a major success to get to the quarters at all (and help both financially as their respective leagues regarding CL ranking). The goals and prerequisites are extremely unequal as you know, for example VakifBank and Eczacibasi having each about eight times the budget of Stuttgart...

• OFF TOPIC: Naz will leave Vakifbank and return to Fenerbahce. Her best friend Bahar is there. Also one of the leading figures of Fenerbahce's legendary years ,Ali Koç ( he was the vice-president at that time), returned to club as the president. Naz will surely return to Fenerbahçe

I don't get this kind of arguments based on 'friendship card'. We are talking about professional players, choices are not made depending on besties or available jersey numbers:whistle:

• does anyone knows why Maja was not even with the team today? I know she does not play every game in Russia League, but she did not play against Kazan as well if I'm not wrong.

Busa with 18 points 😍

Maja hasn't played at all this year yet. Apparently she's carrying a minor injury of some sort, but it's next to impossible to find more detailed info.

Buša is doing surprisingly well indeed. Her spike rate is not that great, but she's hitting the ball with a lot more conviction and purpose, instead of merely putting out puffballs that are easily picked up and defended. Chemik really need a reliable big hitter if they want to be competitive on a higher level, though.

• Maja hasn't played at all this year yet. Apparently she's carrying a minor injury of some sort, but it's next to impossible to find more detailed info.

Buša is doing surprisingly well indeed. Her spike rate is not that great, but she's hitting the ball with a lot more conviction and purpose, instead of merely putting out puffballs that are easily picked up and defended. Chemik really need a reliable big hitter if they want to be competitive on a higher level, though.

I wonder what her injury is as well, I remember there was a photo of her with the team after a game in Russia, after a match she didn’t play again, her face looked swollen and tired. Not sure if it has something to do with her injury but just an observation.

• I wonder what her injury is as well, I remember there was a photo of her with the team after a game in Russia, after a match she didn’t play again, her face looked swollen and tired. Not sure if it has something to do with her injury but just an observation.

Yeah, I remember that. It was a viral illness and she got over it, now it's an unspecified injury of some sort. I do wonder what's keeping her out so long, she hasn't even been in the team roster for any of the matches this month. Babeshina can manage just fine for now, but they need that extra spark that Maja brings for the most important matches of the season.

• who do you think can be amongst three best second teams ?

im guessing Vakıf and Eczacı will get the first places in their pools Dinamo still has chance against Fener to be first but Fener seems to have a better chance

which is a tougher opponent to Stuttgart : Beziers or Plovdiv ? do you think Stuttgart can beat both of them at away matches ? particularly Plovdiv - Stuttgart match seems to be decisive, imo

Budowlani Lodz has two crucial away matches : Minsk and Rc Cannes..im guessing they can beat Cannes but Minsk can put some pressure on them

if Uralocka can beat Kazan one more time then they will most probably amongst three best second teams..but can they beat Kazan in Kazan ?

Scandicci - Conegliano and Schwerin - Scandiccci matchers will decide who will be second in the pool but being second may not be enough to secure a spot in the QFs

lets suppose Fener gets the first place then Dinamo Moscow has a fair chance for a spot in the QFs

i see Dinamo Moscow will be one of the three teams

for other two : Lodz,Stuttgart,Uralocka and Scandicci-Conegliano (depends on which will be the first in the pool)

one of Scandicci - Conegliano may get eliminated :!:this would be a terrible result particularly for Conegliano

• If Conegliano wins last 3 matches they are first in their pool, and Scandicci will be second with just two lose. And one of them is 3:2. So they have great chance for second round, but if Conegliano lose match against Scandicci, they can be out.

• three of these teams will be in the Quarter finals : Dinamo ,Lodz,Stuttgart,Uralocka,Scandicci/Conegliano...who are your teams ?

Hard to tell, despite Stuttgart has the required quality to win with three points both in Montpellier (against Béziers) and Plovdiv, this will be not easy. The Conegliano-Scandicci pool got slightly out of control after horrible match of Conegliano in Schwerin, which they lost (which should never happen to them) and you don't know, if Scandicci will defeat Conegliano in return match? Moscow seems not strong enough to me to win in Istanbul against Fener, but it depends on details (for example if Ognjenovic can play as setter for Moscow). So it is too early IMHO to judge, this week should better reveal chances of the several teams to qualify for the quarters.

• The odds of Kazan-Uralochka are collapsed ..Kazan from 1.25 to 1.07... maybe Uralochka play with reserves this match ?

have you some news?

I think its just because of their mediocre game. Value today for bettors is on Budowlani Lodz 1.61 :lol: I might place a bet myself on them now with Stysiak

• I think its just because of their mediocre game. Value today for bettors is on Budowlani Lodz 1.61 :lol: I might place a bet myself on them now with Stysiak

Stysiak will not play in this game, nor any other one in CL this season, for Lodz due to the fact she´s already represented another team (Chemik) during the current campaign, thus not eligible to play. However, they might prevail anyway. I think they are a better team than Cannes on paper.