CEV Champions League 2019

• That's why I say Schwerin is not a strong team. Imoco maintained a 4-5 point gaps in the last 3 sets.

Drewniok is not even a starter in German NT. During WCH 2018, Drewniok was only a substitute of Lippmann who's a starter OPP for German NT.

Drewniok is newly shining /improving player..so its normal that she isnt a starter there..she can get her spot if she keeps improving

• Drewniok is newly shining /improving player..so its normal that she isnt a starter there..she can get her spot if she keeps improving

She's only 1.88m, and she's not a good jumper. Honestly, I don't see her potential.

Maybe I am wrong after a few seasons.

• you're right..i have corrected it

The points of five second places in each team:

STUTTGART 9

Budowlani ŁÓDŹ 8

Dinamo MOSCOW 8

Dinamo KAZAN 7

Imoco 7

So, Imoco is still in a dangerous position. They have to beat Scandicci in an away game.

In the last round, they should have no problem defeating LKS Commercecon Lodz in a home game.

Even in this case, they have to see other teams' results.

• She's only 1.88m, and she's not a good jumper. Honestly, I don't see her potential.

Maybe I am wrong after a few seasons.

She's certainly not going to be another Boskovic, but seeing how much she improved within the last year I am quite optimistic. And not being starter in NT is not an argument considering Lippmann's performances in the last 2 years...

• Stuttgart has excellent chances for the quarters; I think Moscow has similar good chances, Conegliano has a hard time, because Scandicci is far from being easy for them. Budowlani Lodz looks also not too bad in this race...

• Imoco should be placed above Kazan since they have one more win. Moreover, if they win against both Scandicci and Lodz, they will be the top team of the pool, hence qualifying for the quarter-final, no need to see other teams' results.

• the possibilities look mixed

i think Stuttgart will be one of the three teams

who can be other two ?

Moscow can be

third ?

anybody! if Conegliano wins the last two matches then they are in! then if Scandicci can get a 3-point win against Schwerin then Both Conegliano and Scandicci are in! this seems the best scenario for the Italian teams..if Conegliano lose 2-3 to Scandicci then they higgle with Moscow adn Lodz for a spor in the QF...

seems Lodz's job is harder one amonsgt the four teams ( Scandicci,Moscow,Conegliano adn Lodz)

• She's certainly not going to be another Boskovic, but seeing how much she improved within the last year I am quite optimistic. And not being starter in NT is not an argument considering Lippmann's performances in the last 2 years...

I never compare Drewniok with Boskovic. But from Drewniok's spike action, I can not see her potential. Her jumping looks heavy and her hand control is not impressive. For instance, look at Haak and Vargas. They are also very young. But I can tell they are better and more talented than Drewniok.

• I never compare Drewniok with Boskovic. But from Drewniok's spike action, I can not see her potential. Her jumping looks heavy and her hand control is not impressive. For instance, look at Haak and Vargas. They are also very young. But I can tell they are better and more talented than Drewniok.

Of course they are much better than Drewniok, but that doesn't mean Drewniok doesn't have potential.

• if Scandicci beats Schwerin with any results (3-0,3-1 or 3-2) they are very likely in the QF race!

so i can say Stuttgart and Scandicci will be very likely in

third team ?

imo : either Moscow or Conegliano :)

what about yours?

• of course there are some other possibilities too..if Lodz beats Minsk providing a 3-point win and can get 1 point from Novara etc..Lodz should win in Minsk for sure!

if Conegliano and Schwerin beat Scandicci then Scandicci out!

• if Scandicci beats Schwerin with any results (3-0,3-1 or 3-2) they are very likely in the QF race!

so i can say Stuttgart and Scandicci will be very likely in

third team ?

imo : either Moscow or Conegliano :)

what about yours?

I wish Stuttgart and Lodz would not advance because they have no chances against any team in the quaterfinals ( unless Brakocevic can play like she did back in the day). Moscow/Conegliano/Scandicci and even Kazan/Uralochka would be more competitive.

But Uralochka played yesterday with their bench so I guess they don't even care about advancing as 2nd place.

Would be fair for the winner of Conegliano/Scandicci plus Vitra to play against Sttugarrt and Lodz since they were in the strongest pool. While Novara and Vakifbank should face stronger teams ( Conegliano/Scandicci/Fener or even Vitra) since they only faced weak teams in the pool.

• The situation is clear now. Vakifbank, fenerbache,eczvitra and novara will get most points among five groups

I suppose Scanddi, imocco, moscow and stuggart will be after these four team.

Now is the queston. What is the rule of drawing lots for quater-final:what:

• I'm not completely sure, but I would expect that the four best pool winners will be set for the quarters against the three second place qualification teams, maybe they will put the two lowest ranked pool winners against each other and drawing only the remaining three each? But CEV is often not transparent, so I'm just guessing...

• I wish Stuttgart and Lodz would not advance because they have no chances against any team in the quaterfinals ( unless Brakocevic can play like she did back in the day). Moscow/Conegliano/Scandicci and even Kazan/Uralochka would be more competitive.

But Uralochka played yesterday with their bench so I guess they don't even care about advancing as 2nd place.

Would be fair for the winner of Conegliano/Scandicci plus Vitra to play against Sttugarrt and Lodz since they were in the strongest pool. While Novara and Vakifbank should face stronger teams ( Conegliano/Scandicci/Fener or even Vitra) since they only faced weak teams in the pool.

You should blame CEV for not balanced drawing - IMHO they should strictly stick to the league ranking and also never put two teams of the same league into one pool. It is easy to comprehend, that Stuttgart and Budowlani Lodz try to exploit the chance to proceed to the quarters, when they have a chance they will not get often... and the other teams you mentioned were also not always convincing by the way.

• I’m saying this again 2 pools with 6 teams.

We literally need to wait QF to watch interesting matches of CL. (Execpt few ones)

With only 12 teams and 2 pools We would watch interesting matches from the start of CL... Isn’t that what We all wants, high level volleyball ???

• I’m saying this again 2 pools with 6 teams.

We literally need to wait QF to watch interesting matches of CL. (Execpt few ones)

With only 12 teams and 2 pools We would watch interesting matches from the start of CL... Isn’t that what We all wants, high level volleyball ???

I agree with you. We barely have 12 good teams in Europe anyway. I think CEV should focus on making CEV Cup more prestigious by making it consist of several groups and maybe a longer competition meanwhile keeping CL as competitive as possible by only letting top 12 teams to play. I really like the champions league format of basketball indeed. That could be a good example for volleyball as well

• Judging by the stats, looks like Lowe had a great game. I hope this competition with Fabris does her good and she continues improving .

Schwerin couldn't do anything to stop Lowe, after they managed Fabris before pretty well. Lowe was the main game changer, but also substitution of Sylla with Tirozzi helped Conegliano to stabilize and to dominate.