CEV Champions League 2019

• I’m saying this again 2 pools with 6 teams.

We literally need to wait QF to watch interesting matches of CL. (Execpt few ones)

With only 12 teams and 2 pools We would watch interesting matches from the start of CL... Isn’t that what We all wants, high level volleyball ???

• I’m saying this again 2 pools with 6 teams.

We literally need to wait QF to watch interesting matches of CL. (Execpt few ones)

With only 12 teams and 2 pools We would watch interesting matches from the start of CL... Isn’t that what We all wants, high level volleyball ???

I agree with you. We barely have 12 good teams in Europe anyway. I think CEV should focus on making CEV Cup more prestigious by making it consist of several groups and maybe a longer competition meanwhile keeping CL as competitive as possible by only letting top 12 teams to play. I really like the champions league format of basketball indeed. That could be a good example for volleyball as well

• Judging by the stats, looks like Lowe had a great game. I hope this competition with Fabris does her good and she continues improving .

Schwerin couldn't do anything to stop Lowe, after they managed Fabris before pretty well. Lowe was the main game changer, but also substitution of Sylla with Tirozzi helped Conegliano to stabilize and to dominate.

• Yesterday the Italian federation already leaked (twitter), that the both CL finals will be in Berlin, i.e. the women's final on Saturday, the 18. May 2019. Tomorrow the CEV will officially announce also the hall (either Max Schmeling or Mercedes Benz, the first has 8.500, the latter about 12.000 capacity). Due to their poor results (aside from Stuttgart) no German club will make it to the quarters but one, and that one (Stuttgart) will fail for sure in the quarters or finally in the semis. So they avoid any kind of home advantage, what seems to be part of the final location selection for now.

• Yesterday the Italian federation already leaked (twitter), that the both CL finals will be in Berlin, i.e. the women's final on Saturday, the 18. May 2019. Tomorrow the CEV will officially announce also the hall (either Max Schmeling or Mercedes Benz, the first has 8.500, the latter about 12.000 capacity). Due to their poor results (aside from Stuttgart) no German club will make it to the quarters but one, and that one (Stuttgart) will fail for sure in the quarters or finally in the semis. So they avoid any kind of home advantage, what seems to be part of the final location selection for now.

It is safe to say there will not be any German team including men's and women's in the semis. I think German fans are great. But will they fill a 8K seat arena? Or even have it 50% or so sold? 2 years ago Conegliano arena was not even full for the final. Last year Bucaresti did a nice job but their arena was small.

I'm afraid maybe only like 1 or 2K people will show up.

I would prefer CEV would simply pick one of the finalist to host. Let's say the final is Vakifbank and Novara....in this case Vakifbank gets to host ( or Novara).

• Indeed both finals, women's and men's, will take place on the same day (in deviation of the original planning) Saturday 18. May 2019 in Max-Schmeling hall with standard capacity of 8.500 seats in Berlin - the club Berlin Recycling Volleys announced together with the other stakeholders, the CEV and both German DVV and VBL to take care to make it an attractive event.