CEV Champions League 2019

• Those numbers are totally fake, StefanS. I have no idea where you found them

If I'm not mistaken they were published by Gazzetta after Italy won the silver medal.. there was an article saying: "let's know better our lady heroes".. funny how they never considered them before, there has been a little fuss for the medal, but now it is only about football back again..

I have no clue if they are correct anyway.

• If I'm not mistaken they were published by Gazzetta after Italy won the silver medal.. there was an article saying: "let's know better our lady heroes".. funny how they never considered them before, there has been a little fuss for the medal, but now it is only about football back again..

I have no clue if they are correct anyway.

Spyro's numbers are the right ones. Those published by Gazzetta are his numbers, not StefanS' ones.

• Too bad only Turkish teams can afford that much money, we'll never see Zhu or Boskovic or Kim in Italy unless they're past their primes.;(

I think it is hard to see zhu playing in italy.because except salaries,zhu also has many ads. she is a sport star in china.what she earned in ads is more than what she get paid in vakifbank. so if she wants to know about italy league or brasil league,she maybe play there.but for money,she neednt do that

• I have still trouble to put together the differing numbers. When I make certain assumptions regarding the total budget in relation of single player salaries, I would assume roughly a three times advantage of Italian teams against German teams, so the highest budgets of the top Italian teams might be in the ballpark of 3 * 1.8 milion = 5.5 million Euro (roughly rounded). This would apply to Conegliano at least I think. After what I read here at last, this might be more realistic?

I would be big supporter of general publishing the total budget of all CL participants of course, as addict of transparency, this would spare us a lot of time of guessing and calculating :) .

• Speaking of the quarters, if Novara doesn't improve (poor match at last in A1) and Stuttgart can regather a bit of the earliers team shape, they might annoy Novara on Tuesday a lot more, than even I expected.

• According to some sites Bursa had a 3 M budget and that was 10x bigger than the budget of Olympiakos, but the manager of Olympiakos said that Bursa had 5x bigger budget. According to another newspaper Bursa's budget was 1.4 M and Olympiakos's 0.3 M.

• A pity there isnt a prediction game avaliable on the forum at this point. Whats your thoughts on the games for the weekend? I think personally both Fenerbahce and Eczacibasi will prove to hard nuts 2 crack for the italian sides although they are the hosts. Do you see Conegliano threatening Eczacibasi? I know the latter didnt perform very well against Uralochka, losing a couple of sets, and Vakifbank, losing in straights, but still...Conegliano isnt in great shape either, losing two sets to Firenze at home during the weekend. Obviously playing front of 5000 at PalaVerde is going to facilitate massively for the italians, however I really doubt whether its going to be sufficient. Given how abysmal the performances of Scandicci has been the last weeks, or even months, I am concerned of their capability to put up a fight against Fener while being in such poor shape.

• My predicitions are win for Conegliano 3:1 and same with Scandicci.

Lets go Italy :drink:

• With Scandicci's current shape, I'd be surprised if they didn't lose 0:3:S

Novara haven't been playing well lately, but they got the weakest opponent, so it shouldn't be hard.

Vakifbank most likely are gonna crush Moscow as we all know it^^

I'm mostly looking forward to the clash between Conegliano and Eczaicibasi:box::box::box: Two teams are close, I think, but Vitra have the edge.

• I believe Scandicci is waiting for this match tbh I believe it will be very close. Same for the EczV x Conegliano clash. VB and Novara should win.

• For me Conegliano has way better team play and the most important thing will be how much Eczacibasi can adapt at Conegliano fast game and their defence. If they stop them Eczacibasi is fave but that is not easy to do.

I don’t which OH(Sylla-Tirozzi) will start and which MB duo(Robin-Folie-Danesi) will start.

I believe Santarelli will start “safe”. With Sylla and Danesi-Robin and Fabris.

Scandicci has good block, Haak who is great OPP and good defence. Fener very good serve. I think in this match will be the most important thing, reception.

• Fener will target Vasileva for sure. Scandicci is probably the team I´ve watched the most this season and I have to say Vasileva has been a disaster in that regard while watching her at least. The question is whether they will be able to cover her good enough or not imo, because they might start 2 bleed pretty heavily in case the turks manage to put some constant pressure on her.

• Some odds i found for cl winner

Vakifbank 2.50

Eczacibasi 2.80

Novara 6.00

Cogneliano 7.50

Fener 20.00

Scandicci 20.00

Moscow 100.00

Stuttgart 150.00

• Vasileva got injured last week. She did not start against Cuneo but came in in the 3rd set when the game was over already. I'm not sure if she can play a whole game, but her backup reception is even worse and they must use a second libero when she's on the back.

Vasileva has played better in Champions League and struggled more with the easier ball in Seria A.

Fener could end up winning easily if Vargas, Bricio and Eda all get their services in.

Vargas vs Haak will be a show apart.

Boskovic will be hitting against 3 world class middles ...while Fabris will be hitting against nothing...unless Motta plays with Krasmovic. If Kim plays her best I don't think Conegliano has any chances but if she struggles I can see Conegliano with the upset.

• Despite Novara is the clear favourite in Stuttgart, it can get anything but easy for them to win there. But of course it depends on the shape of both teams; remember how much damage Schwerin did to Conegliano and Scandicci at pool stage.

• Despite Novara is the clear favourite in Stuttgart, it can get anything but easy for them to win there. But of course it depends on the shape of both teams; remember how much damage Schwerin did to Conegliano and Scandicci at pool stage.

I agree to me on paper this is the best quarter finals I can remember from recent memory in any CL (men+women) and all teams have the potential to be very competitive here. It will be fun to watch:super::box: