CEV Champions League 2019

• This game explained why Imoco can not wait to buy Egonu for next season.

When facing a real strong team with a go-to player like Boskovic, Imoco's fast system turns out to be useless.

What if I say Egonu doesn't fit Imoco and its system IMHO? She tends to be a mistakes machine when she gets too fast sets.

Let's see what happens if she actually ends up there.

• What if I say Egonu doesn't fit Imoco and its system IMHO? She tends to be a mistakes machine when she gets too fast sets.

Let's what happens if she actually ends up there.

Yes these are wild thoughts but...

Bosetti-Sylla + Egonu

And as setter replace Wolosz with NAZ! And change the system. While I can see Wolosz filling the void in Eczacibasi and I think she deserves a next step. But of course then there is rumours that Naz already signed with Fenerbahçe so I dont know how official these are? I just feel Conegliano needs to change it up entirely next season. I agree with you, even with Egonu they might fail.

• there was such a time before when we had more competetive club from france rc cannes azerbaijad rabita and azzerail even clubs from czech republic and poland seems volleyball in europe in on decline

I guess there are less world-class players now, so the richest clubs take them and the other clubs dont have much choice to be competitive. The world needs more great OHs and setters !

• What if I say Egonu doesn't fit Imoco and its system IMHO? She tends to be a mistakes machine when she gets too fast sets.

Let's what happens if she actually ends up there.

I'd say in that case, Imoco may replace Wolosz with someone who can set high balls for Egonu.

• So where are those people that made comments that Vakif will absolutely crush Moscow 3-0? :lol: Granted Zhu was underperforming, but this was balanced by Moscow OHs underperformance as well esp Scherban who had trouble with reception all game. Moscow as a team don't have a good block actually, it's always been Fetisova+Goncharova block duo doing the damage. And of course the secret ingredient is Maja making points out of terrible reception :obey:

• I guess there are less world-class players now, so the richest clubs take them and the other clubs dont have much choice to be competitive. The world needs more great OHs and setters !

That's why I like NBA's salary cap system which guaranteed weak teams still have chances to pick up talented players to compete in the future. In the volleyball world, big whales always take the best players so they can dominate the league for a long time.

• when mediocre setter + top players, you maybe lose . good description of Vakifbank. the ture core player of vakifbank is Cansu , she can torture zhu and slotjes,and their MBs.this game is like cansu contend with maja. she lost the tempo. I think this year vakif managers just want to save money . no suitable setter to replace cansu when she chokes. and their bench players are just bench. I changed my thought about kubra.she is better than Gunes.she cant go to NT just because she and cansu dont have chemistry. and Guidetti did a 'great' job to change main players with bench players,thuogh it doesnt work in all three times.

• Güneş >>> Kübra

Kübra was a ghost also with Naz. She is way too slow has a goofy, not athletic approach and can't get to the block 99% of the times. 1 match does not change that lol unless she keeps it up. Sure Zehra played bad and played some bad matches lately but she also was very reliable before. No one is a robot :lol: even Milena was not... today

• when mediocre setter + top players, you maybe lose . good description of Vakifbank. the ture core player of vakifbank is Cansu , she can torture zhu and slotjes,and their MBs.this game is like cansu contend with maja. she lost the tempo. I think this year vakif managers just want to save money . no suitable setter to replace cansu when she chokes. and their bench players are just bench. I changed my thought about kubra.she is better than Gunes.she cant go to NT just because she and cansu dont have chemistry. and Guidetti did a 'great' job to change main players with bench players,thuogh it doesnt work in all three times.

Even though Cansu had some good games, but she's not as stable as Naz. Today we got an example.

As to sub setter Buket. She plays like an amateur who sets up horribly.

• Remember when everyone was complaining about Naz and saying she was ruining Vakifbank? :lol:

• Remember when everyone was complaining about Naz and saying she was ruining Vakifbank? :lol:

Naz was sneaky and hated Zhu Ting which is why she didn't set her 500 sets a match:lol:

I love our entirely fictional forum conspiracies :lol:

• as long as you are happy! Gunes cant kill in zone 2 now . and the way she attack is easily focused on by other teams. she cant adjust herself acording the match. last year kubra did well before Cansu play the final matches. one good match ,one bad match,you can never be a good setter. I find Cansu and Gunes sometimes are aggressive in the court.that is not a good feeling for them when they face difficulties.

• Setters are often the first ones to be criticised when things go wrong but the truth is being a setter is really tough, especially when the usual plan isn't working. Cansu didn't have her best game but she is still a good player, though not a great one yet.

• when you are in important time, you should set your ball to the main player in your team. sometimes we complaining Naz because she set balls to slotjes when they have a hard time instead of zhu at the start when they cooperate. remember how vakifbank won imoco last year?Naz replace cansu and set balls to zhu even though zhu hurt her foot. she set stable balls to zhu.look at the balls after 8:3 in the tie match.....nothing to say.

• Very bad season for Conegliano. Playing against an opponent like eczacibasi is not easy but they couldnt even win easily a team from germany.