CEV Champions League 2019

• Haak already getting so much hate. Next year this forum will be all about hating on her. Just like it was against Zhu and Fabris. It makes me wonder who's behind all this already lol

It was just one person, that came back just in order to have fights with whoever was around, mostly to prove Serie A1 was better than Sultanlar Ligi.

And that very same person has been banned from the forum.

There's no need to open another chapter about racism against non-european players. You did it once for no reasons, so please, let go, 'cause we don't need to talk over and over about it. People didn't hate Zhu Ting: someone loved her, someone else didn't. I can talk for myself and say I wasn't her fan before she improved her passing, but now, after she improved that particular skill, I just love her. And the Fabris case is way different: it's just everyone joking about her because of Crovolley and his epic posts. Nothing more. There's no hate.

We don't need new drama. :win:

• Just a small correction: Sheilla hasn't retired yet. She'll most likely return next season.

Sorry I should have made myself more clear, I meant retired from NT which we all know is more demanding than club.

• Haak already getting so much hate. Next year this forum will be all about hating on her. Just like it was against Zhu and Fabris. It makes me wonder who's behind all this already lol

could people fanboying for fabris just stop this nonsense nobody is hating on her we are just pointing out facts and facts are she isnt making a difference for her team and there are quite a few other opps that are better then her yes she is good opp but she aint in the top u have opps like vargas ,haak,tandara,rykluh,goncharova,brakocevic ,sloetjes they are all better then her and do make a difference for the teams they are playing for and stats show that and i dont even have to mention egonu and boskovic who are the best 2 opps in the world and to place fabris on equal footing with those players is just wrong fabris showed time and again she chokes on big games and she is very set dependent if she does have a double block against here she will either get blocked or hit it wide stats from game last night boskovic 25 points 58% attack, fabris 9 points 35% attack even haak that didnt play so great last night got 24 points with 40% attack vargas 21 points 42% attack ,the difference between those opp and fabris is insane she aint even in the same league as them

• The drill instructor method is best implemented in Russian superleague by the way :) (not only by Karpol).

• I honestly feel like I'm the Laganja Estranja of this forum :lol: I mean, no way around it at this point...

I screamed:lol::lol::D^^ You made my day!<3

• btw guys from what I understand now Guidetti might have been the reason Cansu flopped so bad because he wanted her to really completely change her game-style, much faster/lower sets he wanted and Cansu Özbay apparently just couldn't deal with the pressure of implementing this vs strong CL teams in the given time. So she completely flopped, her sets had been low to Sloëtjes and Robinson even at times + Milena and Zehra so it all makes sense now.

I mean, I don't get gio. I knew he was completely fascinated by the ultra swift and creative game of the Thai team but why even try to fix something that isn't broken?

Let's hope he learned his lesson and will let Cansu Özbay play regular again.

• People are really good at taking things out of context here. I guess I need to clear some things up.

I never criticized beri's English, for crying out loud, there's plenty worse than her, okay? And I don't speak perfect English either.

All I did was point out her misuse of "then", a lot of people do this deliberately, they're perfectly aware of the difference between then and than, like some people type "their" instead of "there". It's annoying to me.

I wouldn't care if you wrote "I must to play volleyball or I play volleyballs":rolleyes:

Sorry about going OT.

• People are really good at taking things out of context here. I guess I need to clear some things up.

I never criticized beri's English, for crying out loud, there's plenty worse than her, okay? And I don't speak perfect English either.

All I did was point out her misuse of "then", a lot of people do this deliberately, they're perfectly aware of the difference between then and than, like some people type "their" instead of "there". It's annoying to me.

I wouldn't care if you wrote "I must to play volleyball or I play volleyballs":rolleyes:

Sorry about going OT.

Its ok, I understand :thumbup:

Sorry about going OT.

I didnt even refer at you though, it was a very hostile troll in the topic related to transfer discussions.

Sorry about going OT.

I also wasn’t referring to you, don’t worry.

• This depends on playing style, apart from personality factors or overall mentality to go with the age of her breakthrough, in my opinion; if the player relies heavily on athleticism or upon variation for example. Gamova, a great example of a more technical player, is an example of a late bloomer, her most impressive performances came in the WCH 2010 while she was already 30 years old. Whereas in contrast a lot of the best athletically gifted and highly explosive Cubans, such as Calderon, Carrillo and Carcaces, have showed signs of decline already before arriving at the age of 26-27. Destinee Hooker is another player who "peaked" early. Apart from that it also depends on how long the player have been performing on the highest stage. A player might merely have a certain amount of ages on top at her disposal, a maximum time or "buffert", and I would guess its somewhere around ten years. Hence a player who makes her breakthrough on the international or global scene at the age of 17 might be able to perform without decline on this same stage until 27 or so, at least according to what I believe myself. This, I speculate, is due to the fact a player either mentally or physically, or both, worn out after a longer time than that. They might still be world class even after this decline, albeit not on the same climatic level.

Playing style is a good point but also the position of the player makes a difference. setters and liberos typically reach their pick in their 30s whereas middles around 25. Opposites are mostly in their peak in early 20s while outside hitters are at their best around 27-28. This is just a generalization, of course there will be some exceptions, for instance, Gioli reached her peak after 30 years old. Wolosz and Naz are playing very good starting from an early age.

• So I had too much free time in my hands, and re-watched the Moscow and Vakif match and focused on three players in particular: Goncha, Zhu and Scherban

Goncharova blocked by

G1 - Rasic, Sloetjes

G2 - Kelsey

G3 - Kubra, Kubra

G4 - Zhu, Rasic

G5 - Kubra, Kubra

Zhu blocked by

G1 - Fetisova

G2 - Fetisova, Fetisova

G3 - Lyubushkina

G4 - Maja

G5 - Fetisova, Fetisova

Scherban aced by

G1 - Cansu, Rasic, Sloetjes

G2 - Rasic, Zhu

G3 - Cansu

G4 - Cansu, Rasic, Cansu

Worst offenders from Moscow are Goncha and Scherban. Goncha was blocked a total of 9 times (but had 26 points), and Scherban was aced 9 times throughout the match! On Vakif side, Zhu was blocked 7 times (more than half of them by Fetisova). Sloetjes had a decent game, but Rasic was a non-factor. Vakif is still the clear favorite especially playing at home, but I hope Moscow can give them a good fight and we have a close match :super:

As a side note, I realized Zhu hits mostly cross-court and rarely down-the-line (at least on this match). No wonder it's usually the MBs who block her. Zhu doesn't need lightning-fast sets, just let Zhu take advantage of her height and spike reach and call it a day.

• As a side note, I realized Zhu hits mostly cross-court and rarely down-the-line (at least on this match). No wonder it's usually the MBs who block her. Zhu doesn't need lightning-fast sets, just let Zhu take advantage of her height and spike reach and call it a day.

Cansu should learn from Ding Xia how to set the balls to Zhu, because during WCH Zhu Ting is rarely blocked by Russian MB who is Fetisova, and most of the time Zhu hit over the block.

Btw, nice analysis.

• Zhu had bad match so what ?? That is so human but pls stop making some bad excuses. She is gulity on her own for her game and It really doesn’t matter She is still the greatest their.

I think Fetisova and Maja Poljaka are only MB who have blocked Zhu 3 time in one match. This is big thing :lol: