CEV Champions League 2019

• Does Novara as whole team is good serving team or Stuttgart has very bad reception.

I mean yes Veljkovic, Bartsch, Picci and Christina have really good float servers and Egonu crazy good jump serve, but still Stuttgart reception really looks bad.

Tbh, watching Stuttgart makes me wondering how this team could enter quarter final. Sorry for this harsh post.

• Easy match for Vakif, I'm afraid.

Yeah I was thinking that with Moscow too, just one bad day and you are gone from competiton.

• Not only that Carlini gaves Egonu the most sets, and that is so normal but literally every other player who sets second ball, gives that ball to Egonu from libero to OHs and MBs. She is 95% their choice. So It is not surprise at all to see in stats that She gets a lot of sets.

De Gennaro literally gaves her sets equaliy from OHs to OPP and MBs :lol:

• Tbh, watching Stuttgart makes me wondering how this team could enter quarter final. Sorry for this harsh post.

As mentioned, the main attention is now on home league for Stuttgart, and receiving is always easier at home as on the road. This was never a duel on equal height, with Novara estimated three times the budget and many better individuals as Stuttgart straigthforwardly. Stuttgart had only superiour VakifBank in the pool, and used the chance to proceed consequently. And don't forget Egonu, who is unstoppable, when she has no bad day.

• Novara leads at 2:0, which already guaranteed to advance to semi. Now the rest of this game is meaningless.

• Their players on court (CEV 2016/2017) were all foreign world class players (except the libero). This still didn't change the outcome.

i wrote time and time again they had thaisa injured kosheeleva that was a liablity so she didnt get that much play time due to her sucking in reception and mbs they was the same as this year adams sucked as a blocker most of the player in cev cl and wch scored point by spiking over her

• Can 'only Egonu' work against Vakif? I dont believe so. So thats why i would pick their offensive OH's.I would go with Bartsch for sure but who should be second OH for Novara against Vakif, Plak will be weak in reception and Piccinini wont kill balls. If Novara played more with middles then Piccinini, but that aint seem to be the case. I'd go with Nizetich and Bartsch since i dont see Plak making difference in attack too. Who would you pick?

• I will repeat my self.

Carlini is setter with HUGE potential, very stabile one with wow efects in her game. She pulls from bad reception too quality attack for her players. And that is something that only world class setters can/has, but She is super UNCREATIVE player. And even with many positive things in her game She looks from our eyes like very average player.

She still doesn't have "brain" for the game. I believe that this will come with years.

• Can 'only Egonu' work against Vakif? I dont believe so. So thats why i would pick their offensive OH's.I would go with Bartsch for sure but who should be second OH for Novara against Vakif, Plak will be weak in reception and Piccinini wont kill balls. If Novara played more with middles then Piccinini, but that aint seem to be the case. I'd go with Nizetich and Bartsch since i dont see Plak making difference in attack too. Who would you pick?

I literally agree with everything. If they can finally play much more with MBs than Bartsch-Picci, but if they keep playing like this than Nizetich-Bartsch.

• Plak is so out of shape. She always sucks at reception but She was beast in attack but now She can't even score against Stuttgart.

She needs to find club where She will be starter even though that club will be 8th or the last one(I'm talking about Seria A). She needs to change her bench statute.

• It is so wrong that Wilhite is an A team player for USA while McCage so far only made the B team. Wilhite is such a disappointment once again and McCage shows her power once again. And yes, I'm perfectly aware that they play on different positions, just a general remark...

• While second line up of Novara is obviously weaker than Stuttgarts, I admit, it is a little unfair against Novara, to keep an Italian league grade middle like McCage on court - the backup players of Novara have a lot of trouble with her :) .

• As mentioned, the main attention is now on home league for Stuttgart, and receiving is always easier at home as on the road. This was never a duel on equal height, with Novara estimated three times the budget and many better individuals as Stuttgart straigthforwardly. Stuttgart had only superiour VakifBank in the pool, and used the chance to proceed consequently. And don't forget Egonu, who is unstoppable, when she has no bad day.

Wow, so sad for Stuttgart. But one thing that I don't like about this team is they already gave up for the semi, I don't like team who easily give up. From the 1st and 2nd sets we knew already that Stuttgart was there to attend this match not to win this match.