CEV Champions League 2019

• I don't want to hear anything about "luck" today. Conegliano is playing simply amazing!

I never really got the "luck" thing. I mean sure, the Boskovic situation was lucky but people acting like the only beat anyone because of luck was always ridiculous to me.

• Nice to see both teams keeping the starters on court except for Rabadzhieva. Good for the spectators! I just hate it when matches are over after two sets and still of course have to be finished even though it doesn't matter anymore who wins eventually.

• Nice to see both teams keeping the starters on court except for Rabadzhieva. Good for the spectators! I just hate it when matches are over after two sets and still of course have to be finished even though it doesn't matter anymore who wins eventually.

I like it but I would take them all out. Nothing will change from now on and players might get injuried.

The problem here is CEV's rule. I mean, it shouldn't matter if the match was 3x0/3x1 or 3x2.

• I like it but I would take them all out. Nothing will change from now on and players might get injuried.

The problem here is CEV's rule. I mean, it shouldn't matter if the match was 3x0/3x1 or 3x2.

Yeah but what's the higher risk, keeping the starters on and playing just one more set or playing with subs and end up playing three more sets in which players could get injured? I don't like the idea that an injury of a bench player is less problematic than one of a starter, and players can get injured in training as well...

But yes, I agree it's a problem of the rule.

• Milena Sadurek commented today’s match and she said that she talked with Terzic. He said that communication with Vargas is very limited. They had to wait until Samantha Bricio will come back from WCH to communicate with Vargas at all. As far as I understood she doesn’t talk, she gives gestures only.

• I never really got the "luck" thing. I mean sure, the Boskovic situation was lucky but people acting like the only beat anyone because of luck was always ridiculous to me.

I think we definitely can't consider Imoco Conegliano a lucky team.

Sure Eczacibasi was unlucky because of Boskovic feeling sick that day, but let's not forget Conegliano lost its main spiker Megan Easy at the beginning of the season. And in the last few years they had to deal with lots of injuries always preventing them to play with full roster, but still managed to reach CL silver and bronze medal plus 2 Italian league titles.

Conegliano is once again in CL final because they deserve it. That's it.

• Samanta Fabris is really coming back in right shape in important time !!!

• I'm happy for Conegliano! I haven't watch the match, so I have to rewatch somewhere for sure, but I'm happy they qualified in the end, after so many difficulties in the rounds before! Danesi is really rocking since WCH. And I wasn't so convinced of her last year :gone: now she is a beast!

• conegliano is a lucky team. Not against Vitra.

But what would have happened if Lodz won their final game in 3 sets? Conegliano would have been eliminated, so they were lucky that Lodz lost 1 set.

That result was out-of their reach. They could do no5hing but sit and wait for the results. So they were lucky that Lodz failed.

Against Vitra they won fare and square. It is not their fault Boskovic was injured.

• In a way but Lodz only had a chance to go through because they were in an easier group. So in that sense Conegliano would have been unlucky if they had gone out that way.

It doesn't really matter, the fact is they're in the final and I'd say they deserve it.

• Milena Sadurek commented today’s match and she said that she talked with Terzic. He said that communication with Vargas is very limited. They had to wait until Samantha Bricio will come back from WCH to communicate with Vargas at all. As far as I understood she doesn’t talk, she gives gestures only.

Fenerbahce can't afford a spanish translator? hard to believe

• Fenerbahce can't afford a spanish translator? hard to believe

I guess she meant something different. She just doesn’t want to talk with anyone. Bricio is native speaker and teammate so thanks to her there is contact with her and another player. As I remember she said also that she is not talking with anyone else.

• that is really weird if that's true. On the court I noticed she never says a word.

When she was replaced today Eda was hugging her and saying something to her but she was just looking away.

That would be really strange if it is true.

Now you made me confused :D maybe she meant that Vargas doesn’t talk on court. Now I don’t know, but discussion started when other commentator described her emotions on court.

• In a way but Lodz only had a chance to go through because they were in an easier group. So in that sense Conegliano would have been unlucky if they had gone out that way.

It doesn't really matter, the fact is they're in the final and I'd say they deserve it.

Novara was in that same group and they faced the German in the Qfinals? In this case should we say Novara does not deserve to win against Vakifbank because they have only faced weak teams so far??

I never said Conegliano does not deserve. They won the matches on their own..is not like someone won for them. In fact they deserve more than Vakufbank and Vitra as these 2 has showed to be one team with Boskovic-Zhu playing well and another team without them play well.

There`s no lucky or deserving in sports. Like I said Conegliano was lucky that Lodz lost 1 set, because there were simply nothing Conegliano could have done in that situation. SO that was "Lucky" ....but when it came down to "win" Conegliano had "no lucky". They simply went out there and crushed Lodz, Vitra and Fener....that`s why they are in the final.

• I can't lie, Conegliano played AMAZING today and had the best teamwork I've seen in any club in a while. I'm not a fan of them but they do deserve to be in the final and maybe even win CL (right now they look faves imo). Fabris played great, so did Sylla and esp. Wolosz again. Also: the defensive skills of Conegliano is just out of this world and how everyone knows exactly what to do and where to be.

Vargas always seemed very cool-headed and kind of reserved. I don't know if there is anything special to that but what I'm hearing here is strange indeed.

I wish Terzic subbed Dobriana for Fatma in the first two sets, lately he seems unbothered with any results. Probably already focused on next season when he will have Mihajlovic and Naz.

• Novara was in that same group and they faced the German in the Qfinals? In this case should we say Novara does not deserve to win against Vakifbank because they have only faced weak teams so far??

This isn’t what I was saying at all :roll:

You could say they had a “lucky” draw but if they beat Vakifbank then of course they deserve their win. I don’t really agree with your take that there’s no luck in sport but actually there can be a lot: players get injured, referees make bad decisions, someone gets an easy draw, someone scores an ace off the net at an important moment, etc. My point is these things happen all the time and it’s part of the game so people should just accept it.

As you would say, I’m done with this topic.